World Cup 2018 Competition

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: World Cup 2018 Competition -disgusting unethical unsportsmanlike practice and how to eliminate it

Post by -1- »

A new phenomenon (perhaps not even new) which is sweeping the arena of illegal or at-fault behaviour in soccer is for a large player to grab from behind a smaller player and not allow the small player to run away with the ball.

It is only possible to do by large athletes to small athletes; the other way around is not possible.

The irritating thing is that though the practice draws a free kick, it is detected and punished by the referee only half of the times it occurs.

I am a small person. I feel for the little Colombian players when the large Polaks grab them from behind and not let them go.

So I designed a defence for the little Colombian.

The little guy can reach back, and grab the family jewels of the large, blonde, Aryan Polak or Swede or German idiot, and squeeze it with all his strength.

The practice of grabbing the little dark-haired guy and holding him back will be eliminated from the entire culture within a game or two.
-1-

Re: World Cup 2018 Competition

Post by -1- »

I loved today's game between Poland and Colombia.

Polaks were large, clumsy, slow, and slow to move on a stray ball.

Columbians were small, wiley, quick, with lots of finesse, exctremely short reaction time, and they always moved on the ball even when there was only 20 percent chance of getting to it or more.

And 70 percent of the time or higher they got the ball in these situations.

Their "faking" movements were numerous and sophisticated.

Their win of 3-0 was fully justified.

The lesson: while Egypt, the Saudis, and Morocco had small, dark-haired players who were out-run by their victors, the tall men of Aryan races, who had long, very long legs, it is not really necessary that a short man can't outrun a tall man. The Colombian victory over Poland proved that.

It is ultimately the speed that wins the game. Other than that, what also wins the game are ball-handling, precision of passing, and team work.

The only thing that the Polaks did as well (but not better) as the Colombians were the passes. The Polak passes were long and accurate, the Colombian passes were short and quick. Both extremely precise, but because the Polak passes were long, everyone learned in due time where the ball was heading. The short, very short Colombian passes dizzied the Polak players; by the time they figured out where the ball was heading to, it was already there. Some of the time it was already there AND gone from there.
Last edited by -1- on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

And watch the VAR get him a red card.

But you're way behind the times Vinnie was there first.

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl= ... mrc&uact=8
-1-

Post by -1- »

. double post. sorry.
Last edited by -1- on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:11 am And watch the VAR get him a red card.

But you're way behind the times Vinnie was there first.

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl= ... mrc&uact=8
That's not fair.

What if he stomps on the toes of his captor. Is there a rule which is more severe against that than the severity of the rule of holding him?
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

I want to apologise on behalf of the danish team and people. We know we have been extremely boring to watch. Sorry! :oops:

But we have been waiting 16 years for this to happen, so we have played it safe so far. But we are much better that that! So, watch out!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
-1-

Post by -1- »

I haven't read up the reports, and I watched the match in a bar with no sound on, but hey, what happens to the referee of the NIgeria / Argentina match where a penalty kick was denied by the referee?

The Argentine player DID touch the ball with his hand. I saw it. You saw it. The whole world saw it. The referee did not see it.

What a cock-socking fucking idiot. A racist boor. A madafaka asshole.

Can anyone tell me what his rationale was to not grant the free kick, and whether there will be any punitive damages against him for this blatant discriminatory racist action?
-1-

Post by -1- »

-1- wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:10 pmI also have a bet with anyone that the Germans will win the world cup.
Well, I obviously owe several billion people on the planet a drink each.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

-1- wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:19 am I haven't read up the reports, and I watched the match in a bar with no sound on, but hey, what happens to the referee of the NIgeria / Argentina match where a penalty kick was denied by the referee?

The Argentine player DID touch the ball with his hand. I saw it. You saw it. The whole world saw it. The referee did not see it.

Touching the ball with your hand is not an automatic foul in football, it has to be deliberate and this is often open for interpretation.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:46 pm
-1- wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:19 am I haven't read up the reports, and I watched the match in a bar with no sound on, but hey, what happens to the referee of the NIgeria / Argentina match where a penalty kick was denied by the referee?

Touching the ball with your hand is not an automatic foul in football, it has to be deliberate and this is often open for interpretation.
I wish that "small penalties" would be changed to indirect free kicks. A team like Australia, for instance, had nothing to offer in this cup, except the two tiny penalties they got from the VAR system. The fact, that they still had a chance to advance after two games, only because of VAR, is ridiculous.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:46 pm Touching the ball with your hand is not an automatic foul in football, it has to be deliberate and this is often open for interpretation.
I believe you, but I have seen plenty of instances where the touching of the ball was not deliberate and yet a penalty kick was issued.

Also, the ball bounced off his head, and was then immediately touched by his arm. If he hadn't touched the ball with his arm, it would have bounced in front of the Nigerian player to be in an excellent scoring opportunity.

Also, according to Heidegemaldengrossessen(*), no human motivation can be guessed by another person. True enough, the referee was perhaps not a philosophy major (but why else would he end up in a career like that?), but he should know that you can't guess what is deliberate and what is not. (As you say, it's up for interpretation.)

(*) I remember the name Heidegger, but I am not sure if he postulated this, or another twentieth-century German philosopher whose last name also starts with Hei... but I can't remember the rest of his name.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Quarter finals are approaching! Our contestants still each have four teams in play:

Myself (minimum 3, maximum 7 points)

Fav's
Belgium or Brazil: Both can not reach the semis, but one will for sure! 3 points!
France. Looks incredibly strong.

Outs.
England. They might break decades of curses at last.

-1- (minimum 3, maximum 9 points)

Favs
Brazil: Will face a worthy opponent in Belgium!
Croatia or Russia: Looks like a Croatian win. 3 points for sure!
England. A team we both might get lucky with.

Outs.
(None)
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

And it's settled!

Myself: 7 points

Fav's
Belgium (3)
France (3)

Outs.
England (1)

-1-: 6 points

Fav's
Croatia (3)
England (3)

Outs.
(None)

Winner: Myself! Congrats! :mrgreen:
-1- wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:53 pm
Wanna go double or nothing, and guess the world champions of 2018? (Deadline: Tuesday at 8pm CET, 7pm GMT - Open for all!)

Edit: Too late now...
Last edited by QuantumT on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

My heart is with England, but the world champions of 2018 will probably be: France!

A shame we didn't make a double or nothing....
-1-

Post by -1- »

QuantumT wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:05 pm My heart is with England, but the world champions of 2018 will probably be: France!

A shame we didn't make a double or nothing....
I root for Croatia. I won't make a prediction, but chances are high it won't be England.