Beauty and Brains in Chess

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Beauty and Brains in Chess

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

-1- wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am It's a bit more complicated than that. I would never use a word like 'sexism' unless I really meant it. I'm disappointed that you are too stupid to get past the PC crap.
Everything is more complicated than that. It's almost a truism. Unless you can name the different fine details, why say it?

Using the word "Sexism" is PC crap. I am not surprised that you are too stupid to not know that. And it takes the cake that you use PC crap to try to smear the label "PC crap" on me.

You are just one lost chile in the woods of words. Because you can't see the woods for the words. You cling on to maybe three catch phrases and you incessantly repeat those, and imagine yourself wise and intelligent because of the varied use of WORDS that block you from seeing the woods.

Open your eyes, get out of your bubble, and walk the woods and worlds of words and concepts and ideas.

If a bear shits in the woods, does it not make the pope any more Catholic?
I'm so sorry for confusing you so. I'm only stating the obvious. You are a condescending sexist misogynist. That's obvious from your posts. You can't help that and I can't change it, but at least be honest about it.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Chess can be appreciated on several levels. There is a sensuality about the game for those who experience the movement within it provided by the interaction of the pieces. A beautiful woman experiencing the sensuality of the game through her intelligence is very attractive for a man. It may not be PC but we'll live.

John Singer Sargent expresses this sensuality in his excellent painting. You either get it or you don't

http://inabirdsnest.tumblr.com/post/563 ... er-sargent
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:49 am
Nick_A wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 amLook at some of these women and tell me you could concentrate on the board with those eyes looking at you.
http://chesscraft.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... chess.html
No problem. Don't all women flirt?

You can bet those ladies won’t lose situational perspective.

At least, not with the likes of chess nondescripts.
These women all have USCF ratings averaging over 2300. This requires a quality of concentration not possible when flirting. They may enjoy flirting when not playing. But when they are involved in a difficult position, the combination of their beauty and power of concentration as they contemplate the position in movement is especially attractive to any man who has experienced the beauty of the game.
-1-

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:24 am
I'm so sorry for confusing you so. I'm only stating the obvious. You are a condescending sexist misogynist. That's obvious from your posts. You can't help that and I can't change it, but at least be honest about it.
And you are an inconsequential stupid little get, probably as fat and ugly as you are stupid. You parrot the same old garbage that comes out of your mouth, and think yourself wise for it. Let's be honest about it.

How is that for condescendence.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:54 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:49 am
Nick_A wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 amLook at some of these women and tell me you could concentrate on the board with those eyes looking at you.
http://chesscraft.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... chess.html
No problem. Don't all women flirt?

You can bet those ladies won’t lose situational perspective.

At least, not with the likes of chess nondescripts.
These women all have USCF ratings averaging over 2300. This requires a quality of concentration not possible when flirting. They may enjoy flirting when not playing. But when they are involved in a difficult position, the combination of their beauty and power of concentration as they contemplate the position in movement is especially attractive to any man who has experienced the beauty of the game.
Good point.

Both the beauty and the allure are choiceless.
vegetariantaxidermy

-1- wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:23 pm
And you are an inconsequential stupid little get, probably as fat and ugly as you are stupid.
:lol: I knew it wouldn't take much to get you to show your true colours. Men who claim to 'love women' are invariably 'protesteth-too-loudlyers' wherein the opposite is really the case.
-1-

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:49 pm
:lol: I knew it wouldn't take much to get you to show your true colours. Men who claim to 'love women' are invariably 'protesteth-too-loudlyers' wherein the opposite is really the case.
You dwell in the reality you create, which 1. has nothing to do with what reality is, 2. comforts you in times of distress, and 3. makes you create inaccurate accusations of people. V.o. your opinion of the peoples of the Americas. Your opinion of me. Your opinion of anyone, anything, other than yourself.

You are -- let's be honest -- a self-aggrandizing empty-headed hater, who trolls because there is nothing people can do about trolls. You single-handedly destroyed more than one thread on this forum. You enjoy something, but this is not what you enjoy; anger makes you angrier, and anger eventually consumes you. You had better leave the forum; it is not only for our sake, the sake of users other than yourself, but for yourself as well. In real life you interact with real people, and perhaps your anger does not come out as readily, as forcefully and as self-destructively. You may have a chance of building some meaningful, real relationship in life. Here, on the forums, on any forums, your psycho-ness comes out very quickly, and bang, you alienate everyone around you.

I don't think you enjoy yourself here. The only reason you hang on is because it's something you can do. Most other things you are incapable of. So the one thing you can do, which is partially being disruptive, partially being hateful, is trolling, and you cling to it, but believe me, it serves no purpose for you, other than exercising your skill. You learn nothing new here, you only propagate your hatred by encountering hatred from everyone you engage in a one-on-one dialogue.

Quit kidding yourself. Quit the site. It will be better for you, it will be better for us.
vegetariantaxidermy

-1- wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:49 pm
You dwell in the reality you create, which 1. has nothing to do with what reality is, 2. comforts you in times of distress, and 3. makes you create inaccurate accusations of people. V.o. your opinion of the peoples of the Americas. Your opinion of me. Your opinion of anyone, anything, other than yourself.

You are -- let's be honest -- a self-aggrandizing empty-headed hater, who trolls because there is nothing people can do about trolls. You single-handedly destroyed more than one thread on this forum. You enjoy something, but this is not what you enjoy; anger makes you angrier, and anger eventually consumes you. You had better leave the forum; it is not only for our sake, the sake of users other than yourself, but for yourself as well. In real life you interact with real people, and perhaps your anger does not come out as readily, as forcefully and as self-destructively. You may have a chance of building some meaningful, real relationship in life. Here, on the forums, on any forums, your psycho-ness comes out very quickly, and bang, you alienate everyone around you.

I don't think you enjoy yourself here. The only reason you hang on is because it's something you can do. Most other things you are incapable of. So the one thing you can do, which is partially being disruptive, partially being hateful, is trolling, and you cling to it, but believe me, it serves no purpose for you, other than exercising your skill. You learn nothing new here, you only propagate your hatred by encountering hatred from everyone you engage in a one-on-one dialogue.

Quit kidding yourself. Quit the site. It will be better for you, it will be better for us.
Ooh. He's on a roll now. Did I hit a nerve? :D
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

So beauty and brains create hostility. Perhaps it is the influence of Caissa, the goddess of chess. Once under her spell a person falls victim to her hypnotic spell

http://www.caissa.com/about/who-is-caissa.php

Her eyes will pull you into the board; into a world that will keep you caught up in Caissa's web.

https://www.google.com/search?q=caissa+ ... jA3mdm4UfM:
-1-

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:57 pm Ooh. He's on a roll now. Did I hit a nerve? :D
Your anger is making you freeze up. Your response has been reduced to a meaningless whimper. Your insight is zilch,and your foresight is absent. You've never had logic or reason on your side --- they are strangers to you. Your laughter cracks with bitterness, fear, and anguish.

Why do you cling on to this, to your misery?
vegetariantaxidermy

-1- wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:47 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:57 pm Ooh. He's on a roll now. Did I hit a nerve? :D
Your anger is making you freeze up. Your response has been reduced to a meaningless whimper. Your insight is zilch,and your foresight is absent. You've never had logic or reason on your side --- they are strangers to you. Your laughter cracks with bitterness, fear, and anguish.

Why do you cling on to this, to your misery?
:shock: :D
Walker

Post by Walker »

Wild game with an irresistible queen sacrifice.

Paul Morphy vs Duke Karl

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1233404
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Walker wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:20 am Wild game with an irresistible queen sacrifice.

Paul Morphy vs Duke Karl

I remember years ago when I first learned of this game. I replayed it slowly and remained amazed how Morphy was capable of such a game. It seems to go against our natural instincts which is overly concerned with material advantage. As Dr. Emanuel Lasker wrote: "the combination reveals the hypocrite." The combination is one of most wonderful revelations of our inferior ego. We realize how little we understand when we lose to a brilliant combination.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:31 am
Walker wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:20 am Wild game with an irresistible queen sacrifice.

Paul Morphy vs Duke Karl

I remember years ago when I first learned of this game. I replayed it slowly and remained amazed how Morphy was capable of such a game. It seems to go against our natural instincts which is overly concerned with material advantage. As Dr. Emanuel Lasker wrote: "the combination reveals the hypocrite." The combination is one of most wonderful revelations of our inferior ego. We realize how little we understand when we lose to a brilliant combination.
When the beautiful FLOTUS is invisible to magazine covers you know something is afoot.

I've gone over the game a number of times, probably have it memorized.
It seems inevitable now, but still surprising.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Walker wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:22 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:31 am

Paul Morphy vs Duke Karl

When the beautiful FLOTUS is invisible to magazine covers you know something is afoot.

I've gone over the game a number of times, probably have it memorized.
It seems inevitable now, but still surprising.
Flotus is politically incorrect so must be banished. Beauty has nothing to do with it. It is secondary to the New Commandments expressed in the dictates of Political correctness

Have you ever considered the esoteric ideas the game of chess is built upon such as pawn promotion? Anyone familiar with Plotinus" description of the relationship of ONE to Nous can see it also in the king and queen of chess. The king is ONE and its expression within creation is limited. The queen is Nous and all powerful within creation. Being all powerful within creation is meaningless if the essence or source of the game (the king) is lost. There are many such ideas which can be found in chess. Perhaps that is part of its attraction. Something in us knows that it is more than a game but representative of a reality we are normally oblivious of. Maybe that is why some chess games are considered beautiful?