Beauty and Brains in Chess

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Beauty and Brains in Chess

Post by Nick_A »

When I think of the great male chess grandmasters past and present, their beauty is the last thing on my mind. However there is a growing minority of gorgeous women who are advanced in the game. I don't see how I could play against one of these women and concentrate on the game. Look at some of these women and tell me you could concentrate on the board with those eyes looking at you. Beauty and brains. What a combo. I'm going to have to get back into tournament play.

http://chesscraft.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... chess.html
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Beauty and Brains in Chess

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Well women can hardly whine about being treated as 'sex objects' when they use a pathetically transparent 'ploy' like wearing low cut tops while participating at a chess tournament ffs. The most attractive one is the muslim woman who at least has some self respect.
It's probably for nothing anyway. The average high-performing male chess player isn't aware that there is any sex other than nerdish and likely wouldn't notice even if his opponent was stark naked and painted orange.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Well I agree with the author of the link who wrote:
Whoever said chess is a boring sport will have regrets after seeing this list, they don't have any idea what it is like, facing lovely ladies, and enjoying a very beautiful game.
The feminists will growl but the men will smile.

Dr. Siegbert Tarrasch wrote: "I have always a slight feeling of pity for the man who has no knowledge of chess, just as I would pity for the man who has no knowledge of love. Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy."

You either get it or you don't.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Leaving a bit of cleavage uncovered could distract many male opponents :lol:

Some of the women look as though they are simply dressing for comfort, and at least one other appears to have been the a glamour studio for a makeover for the occasion, which suits the tone of the article. It's not as though the author is going to choose the least revealing shots.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Greta wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:01 am Leaving a bit of cleavage uncovered could distract many male opponents :lol:

Some of the women look as though they are simply dressing for comfort, and at least one other appears to have been the a glamour studio for a makeover for the occasion, which suits the tone of the article. It's not as though the author is going to choose the least revealing shots.
Plus these chicks are slim and young. 49 out of 50 women are good-looking at any age if they are slim. If you took at random 9 women in their early twenties from the following fields each:

- astronomy
- scrubbing floors
- dental assisstants
- kitchen help
- jail population
- unemployed
- plutonium-eating alien transvestite robots
- on welfare
- doctors and nuclear physicists
- astronauts
- australoids

you would find that 9 out of 9 are good-looking.
vegetariantaxidermy

-1- wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 am
Greta wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:01 am Leaving a bit of cleavage uncovered could distract many male opponents :lol:

Plus these chicks are slim and young. 49 out of 50 women are good-looking at any age if they are slim. If you took at random 9 women in their early twenties from the following fields each:

- astronomy
- scrubbing floors
- dental assisstants
- kitchen help
- jail population
- unemployed
- on welfare
- astronauts
- australoids

Fat distorts anyone's look, male or female although often when men lose a lot of weight they end up looking ill and much older--and often drop dead, like John Candy (or I could be confusing him with another fat American actor who dropped dead after losing weight).
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

-1- wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 am

- astronomy
- scrubbing floors
- dental assisstants
- kitchen help
- jail population
- unemployed
- on welfare
- astronauts
- australoids

You left out brains. The real attraction is the combination of beauty and brains. These women have high USCF ratings. A woman of such intelligence and beauty is a rarity.
vegetariantaxidermy

Load of sexist shit on here. Nick and 1 are the worst offenders (and have the nerve to post their crap on a philosophy site).
Why the fuck would it be a 'rarity'? How are you defining intelligence anyway? Marilyn Monroe was very intelligent.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:34 am Load of sexist shit on here. Nick and 1 are the worst offenders (and have the nerve to post their crap on a philosophy site).
Why the fuck would it be a 'rarity'? How are you defining intelligence anyway? Marilyn Monroe was very intelligent.
One of the advantages of chess is that there is a way to settle the battle of opinions: checkmate. We can measure chess intelligence by their success over the board. No mount of PCBS will alter the facts. Like it or not, beautiful women with a love for the game which allows them to ignore all the advantages being offered to them for the sake of the game is a rarity. Such women are rightfully admired by men who love women.
vegetariantaxidermy

vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:50 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:34 am Load of sexist shit on here. Nick and 1 are the worst offenders (and have the nerve to post their crap on a philosophy site).
One of the advantages of chess is that there is a way to settle the battle of opinions: checkmate. We can measure chess intelligence by their success over the board. No mount of PCBS will alter the facts. Like it or not, beautiful women with a love for the game which allows them to ignore all the advantages being offered to them for the sake of the game is a rarity. Such women are rightfully admired by men who love women.
Who cares what you like? You are possibly the biggest idiot on here, and that's saying something.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 amLook at some of these women and tell me you could concentrate on the board with those eyes looking at you.
http://chesscraft.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... chess.html
No problem. Don't all women flirt?

You can bet those ladies won’t lose situational perspective.

At least, not with the likes of chess nondescripts.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Yes. Talking about women's looks is sexist. And talking about women's intelligence is crap. (According to Veggie anyway, on both accounts.)

In my opinion not all sex-talk is sexist. Only those who consider any talk on looks a direct affront to their own self-image will find text on looks intimidating -- and these same people will come up with the general blanket-term of "sexism" in every turn they take in life.

Sexism. There are some catch-phrases, that some members of allegedly oppressed groups use more-or-less successfully, to hide their own personal weaknesses, shortcomings and ensuing insecurity behind a group's alleged disadvantage. Jews will call you a Nazi, and women will call you sexist. An immigrant will charge you with exclusivity, and a person of visible minority will call you a bigot. A gay person will call you also a bigot, and members of a religious group will call you intolerant. A member of the first nation will call you a White Man who came to take our land. ETC. Yada, yadam, madam.

Neither is all talk about intelligence crap. Anyone can define intelligence any way they like, as long as they declare that this is an operational definition for the purpose of the paper.
vegetariantaxidermy

-1- wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:53 am
Yes. Talking about women's looks is sexist. And talking about women's intelligence is crap. (According to Veggie anyway, on both accounts.)

In my opinion not all sex-talk is sexist. Only those who consider any talk on looks a direct affront to their own self-image will find text on looks intimidating -- and these same people will come up with the general blanket-term of "sexism" in every turn they take in life.

Sexism. There are some catch-phrases, that some members of allegedly oppressed groups use more-or-less successfully, to hide their own personal weaknesses, shortcomings and ensuing insecurity behind a group's alleged disadvantage. Jews will call you a Nazi, and women will call you sexist. An immigrant will charge you with exclusivity, and a person of visible minority will call you a bigot. A gay person will call you also a bigot, and members of a religious group will call you intolerant. A member of the first nation will call you a White Man who came to take our land. ETC. Yada, yadam, madam.

Neither is all talk about intelligence crap. Anyone can define intelligence any way they like, as long as they declare that this is an operational definition for the purpose of the paper.
It's a bit more complicated than that. I would never use a word like 'sexism' unless I really meant it. I'm disappointed that you are too stupid to get past the PC crap.
-1-

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am It's a bit more complicated than that. I would never use a word like 'sexism' unless I really meant it. I'm disappointed that you are too stupid to get past the PC crap.
Everything is more complicated than that. It's almost a truism. Unless you can name the different fine details, why say it?

Using the word "Sexism" is PC crap. I am not surprised that you are too stupid to not know that. And it takes the cake that you use PC crap to try to smear the label "PC crap" on me.

You are just one lost chile in the woods of words. Because you can't see the woods for the words. You cling on to maybe three catch phrases and you incessantly repeat those, and imagine yourself wise and intelligent because of the varied use of WORDS that block you from seeing the woods.

Open your eyes, get out of your bubble, and walk the woods and worlds of words and concepts and ideas.

If a bear shits in the woods, does it not make the pope any more Catholic?