McDonalds has the world's best food

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: McDonalds has the world's best food

Post by Arising_uk »

Still doesn't make it the world's best food, they're not even the best burgers.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Ofc you're walking past McDonalds as fast as you can as you can barely resist the urge to go in. :lol:
I live in London, as such I have available to me the fast food cuisine of over ten cultures just in my area so resistance is easy and if I want a burger I can go to one of the many real-burger joints that have popped-up.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

I looked for British restaurants in the US to compare with. The best one was Arthur Treachers of which there are only 15 restaurants in the US. How many McDonalds are there in London?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

What is the "best" food involves a value judgment, and it's difficult to rank foods. However, PE has a point ---- the popularity of McDonalds does give it some bragging rights on being the "best."
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Cheap chicken joints outnumber McDonald's by far over here does that make them the best food?

PE put the word "nutritious" along with 'best' and I seriously doubt that Muccy D's is the most nutritious nor the best food in the world but accept that "best" is subjective. Although from the last big-muck I had, luke-warm burger and stodgy buns, their franchise model over here has led them down hill from the heady days when they binned anything left out for more than five minutes. Like I say, if I want a burger I go to where they don't use frozen pap.
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:25 pm Cheap chicken joints outnumber McDonald's by far over here does that make them the best food?

PE put the word "nutritious" along with 'best' and I seriously doubt that Muccy D's is the most nutritious nor the best food in the world but accept that "best" is subjective. Although from the last big-muck I had, luke-warm burger and stodgy buns, their franchise model over here has led them down hill from the heady days when they binned anything left out for more than five minutes. Like I say, if I want a burger I go to where they don't use frozen pap.
Could help explain why your avatar is Foghorn Leghorn. :lol:

I've tried KFC and Popeyes and Mickey D's has them beat, plus Burger King and Wendys.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:... restaurants ...
:lol: :lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:...
I've tried KFC and Popeyes and Mickey D's has them beat, plus Burger King and Wendys.
:lol: Comparing shite with shite methinks.
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:46 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote:...
:lol: Comparing shite with shite methinks.
That seems to pour out from your mouth methinks. :lol:

So what's your restaurant favorite?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Arising: I agree with your remarks regarding nutrition, which can be objectively measured, and I doubt McDonalds would do well on that score card. However, with respect to the later comments regarding "the best" food, that's a far more subjective question, and something can be said for high sales volume as one measurement of the "best" food.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nice to see the yanks on here debunking 'stereotypes'. And McDonald's is a restaurant like bleach is a perfume.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

VT: There you go again with your bigotry. What is my opinion regarding the food at McDonalds? You couldn't possibly know because I never stated it. Not to mention, as PE mentioned, many non-Americans eat at McDonalds, which is why McDonalds restaurants exist in numerous countries. Yet, you only mention "yanks"?

It's amazing the bigotry one finds on social media.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Only a yank would come on here crowing about being the 'best' or 'greatest' (or anywhere else for that matter). I've never heard any other nationality do that. Nor have I ever seen the mawkish 'troop' worship crap, or anyone that even comes close to the astonishing stupidity of Americans. Yes there are some clever ones (fewer and fewer) but fuck, when it comes to doing stupidity the yanks are definitely 'the greatest' (in a league of their own, in fact).
You won't find a what Americans call 'Brit' writing threads with titles like 'Fish and chips with mushy peas are the world's best food', or 'England is the greatest country on the planet'. I've always found that those who crow the loudest have the least to be proud of.
I don't even need to say anything. Y'all do it so much better.
Funnily enough I actually have an American friend :shock: and she says the same things I do (which is why she left the place) :lol:
And because of its invasiveness (literally and figuratively) the US is the pied piper in terms of social evolution--and that's not taking us to another Enlightenment any time soon.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Oh, really? The Russians never claim to be the best at anything, and neither do the North Koreans, or Brits, Australians, etc., etc.? That's nonsense. Basically, VT, you are a bigot. No matter what the subject is you try to make it into a topic where you can make a bigoted remark about Americans, and most of the time, the effort is childish as hell. You are no different than the racist clowns on social media who falsely label all blacks, or Hispanics, or Jews, or whomever they have an irrational hatred about.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Strange too how I know a number of Kiwis who have left New Zealand so that they can live in the USA instead, and not one of them has any regrets. Now, did I ever use that factual observation to claim all New Zealanders are nuts? No. I'm smart enough to recognize that when we are speaking of large groups of people, it is impossible to stereotype them all, without being a dick about it. Unlike you, VT, who can't seem to go even 24 hours without making some bigoted remark about Americans.