McDonalds has the world's best food

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: McDonalds has the world's best food

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Please don't bother reading this because you always get the arse end of every stick. You won't have a clue what I'm talking about. Your previous comment is a perfect example.
People have the opportunity to 'get rich' in tons of countries. The arrogance is in the conceit and crowing as if the US is the only one. It's pretty pathetic actually. Those with something to be admired just get admired. They don't need to crow. I suspect there are millions of people in the US who have shit show of ever clawing their way out of poverty. This isn't the 19th century and Ellis Island you know.
Being good at making money isn't admirable in itself--it's often quite the opposite. Just think of the 80s and the small group of greedy Wall Street arseholes who all but destroyed the US economy. Bush Snr. had to pull it out of that one. They created nothing. Rather than making jobs they caused millions of job losses. I think they all got a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket.
And why the defensiveness over McDonald's. Do you think it gives a flying fuck about you? Or will ever be aware of your existence? It's a HUGE CORPORATION. A cancerous growth on the planet. It doesn't think. It consumes, and its only goal is to get bigger and bigger and bigger and richer and richer and richer until it has killed and consumed everything in its path....

Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Clearly the US is the only country where over half of the top ten richest people are American.

Cherry picking isn't indicative of the US economy. Clearly the US economy is far from destroyed. It has rebounded to greater height and many people are clamoring to get in which is the main reason why Trump is building his wall.

McDonalds is still the world's largest restaurant and growing larger while improving its menu (fresh beef e.g.).

Ofc there are some people who are jealous of the US. It could be their own countries and areas are behind (that's my guess). I'm happy to live here I can state and I'm well aware of problems in other areas of the world which wasn't created by the US.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

I said don't read it. But thanks for proving my point.
Philosophy Explorer

I read to learn and to amuse myself as I find some comments on here quite amusing. The ones derived some social media mentality I find very amusing.

The ones who are critical of McDonalds undoubtedly are reminded as to how good the company is as they go past
McDonalds frequently in their individual countries and areas. I know that no one will catch up to McDonalds (not even in my own country). I'm proud of what McDonalds has accomplished and no one can offer a restaurant that compares.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

And I'm sure it will be terribly grateful to you. You might get a certificate. How long have you worked there?
Philosophy Explorer

Some people might mistakenly think I worked for McDonalds or some other restaurant which isn't the case. McDonalds is a great example of a business model that has succeeded.

I'm willing to bet that social media types have eaten at McDonalds as practically everyone has eaten there at one time or another.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

I wonder what a 'social media type' is. How bigoted.
Philosophy Explorer

I had always wondered what a bigot is so I looked it up:

"a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions."

I guess social media types are often bigoted because, e.g., it's not okay (by them) to want to be rich. Now that would be bigoted towards the rich. And I've noticed some
social media types who hate American food which would make them bigots too. And social media types often love to disparage the US. That would be bigoted too.

Thinking further I couldn't be bigoted towards those whose nationality I don't know nor their race, by definition. The definition only talks about differing opinions. So I guess this definition applies to social media types who, e.g., can't tolerate Americans that express opinions that are identified as Americanisms.
That's by definition.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

PhilE: Not to mention that some of the wealthiest people in the world, from countries like Russia, China, Mexico, unlike Mark Zuckerberg, obtained their money largely through political coercion, as opposed to trade on free-markets, where customer wants were satisfied. Now, that's not to say that there is not some problems with regulatory capture in the USA, but, in comparison to China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and numerous other countries, America is in far better shape.

It's also ironic that the lefties on here who claim to support egalitarianism, which is largely an inherited personality trait, don't recognize that extreme egalitarian movements have created countries with the greatest amount of inequality. China and Venezuela, as two examples, despite being communist, have more inequality than exists in the USA. Just shows the moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the left.
vegetariantaxidermy

As opposed to 'right-wing' which is 'morally sound'. Strange irony of humans; that the ones without wings are the ones who can fly. (Not so ironic though when you think about it...)
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Science Fan wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:30 pmIt's also ironic that the lefties on here who claim to support egalitarianism, which is largely an inherited personality trait...
Oh really? Have they found the gene responsible?
Science Fan wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:30 pm...don't recognize that extreme egalitarian movements have created countries with the greatest amount of inequality.
You might want to check this out: "A 2011 study found that US citizens across the political spectrum dramatically underestimate the current US wealth inequality and would prefer a far more egalitarian distribution of wealth." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_in ... ted_States
Philosophy Explorer

To mention, why should McDonalds care about me? They don't know me. What they know is to how to run a great business which is what matters on the bottom line. I expect nothing more. So both McDonalds and the US have done me proud.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Philosophy Explorer

Just to mention it amuses me that some social media types edit their posts because when they talk to their computers, the computer types up the wrong word (e.g. way and weigh) which forces a correction.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

If you call making Americans the fattest on the planet a 'great business'.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:51 am The way you yanks talk you would think it was the only country where people can get rich if they are so inclined. Some of the richest people in the world are Russian, Chinese and Muslim. What the fuck does 'the American dream' mean anyway? So f'ing arrogant.
The American Dream is found in the Zeitgeist World Lexicon, and a premise of pretending otherwise bodes ill for other than the familiar cul de sac.

Best Of Consuela Part 1 (Clean) “No, no.”
3:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In2K0J7daQo

Steinbeck may help if you got no kinfolk stories to remember. The American Dream is somewhere over the rainbow, most starkly displayed by the Okie mind of the thirties and hardscrabble border jumpers now practicing up on their mountain climbing skills to scale Trump’s Mighty Round-Top. Sorry Ma, no climb means no go, you stay and clean. Consolation, you get to keep the dream.

Riddle: What do you lose only when you find it?
A: The dream.