McDonalds has the world's best food

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Re: McDonalds has the world's best food

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:27 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:22 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 am Very nutritious and getting better all the time (now they're doing fresh beef). No wonder why McDonalds is highly regarded throughout the world.
Fried, fatty foods typically are actually very nutritious, the problem is there's also a lot of other stuff in them that's bad for you.
I don't see the FDA banning McDonalds and other restaurants along with the local authorities.
You think they should?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:15 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:27 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:22 am Fried, fatty foods typically are actually very nutritious, the problem is there's also a lot of other stuff in them that's bad for you.
I don't see the FDA banning McDonalds and other restaurants along with the local authorities.
You think they should?
Nope (but it's their responsibility and they have the final say).

To give you a friendly word of advice, watch what you say about McDonalds. Years ago a rumor had spread about them serving hamburgers with worms in them. McDonalds took it very seriously which they investigated.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Okay. I would say just let people do their own research into what they're eating. Personally I do think it's exaggerated just how bad fast-food is for you. As long as it's not the only thing you're eating, or you're already unhealthy I believe you'll be okay. The real problem is its convenience in addition to how addicting it seems to be for certain people.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:04 am
thedoc wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:56 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:22 am Fried, fatty foods typically are actually very nutritious, the problem is there's also a lot of other stuff in them that's bad for you.
Such as?
Sodium, cholesterol, lots of unhealthy fats and sugar. Much like cereal, they are often artificially loaded with vitamins though.
The only thing that makes any of that unhealthy for you is getting too much.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

-1- wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:14 am
thedoc wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:56 am Such as?
1. Dihydrogen monoxyde.
2. Sodium Chloride.
3. Phosphorous.
4. Impetus.
5. Testosterone.
6. Tar.
7. Ethylpopropolymers.
8. Nylon derivatives.
9. Protoprotein-nicoltalein.
22. Gentle isotopes.
23. Ribonucleic Acid.
24. Centipede legs and cockroach tantycles.
25,,, 38.
39. Spynx noses.
40. Shaved dog feet.
41. Snut.
42. Semen.
43. Salami.
44. Pubic hair.
45. Beef.
46. Lists that nobody reads.
-1-

Post by -1- »

thedoc wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:17 am The only thing that makes any of that unhealthy for you is getting too much.
There is a Hungarian saying, "too much of anything is harmful to you." A Hungarian humorist expanded on that, and said, with the mouth of one of his characters, "too much of anything is harmful to you, except money."

I read you, thedoc, and I agree with you. The question remains: how much of McD food is too much? Is one portion (an order of any item) too much, or not too much?

One can further ask, does it depend on the state of hunger, the size, and the general health of the eater of McD food, when deciding how much of it is too much?
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

thedoc wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:15 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:04 am
thedoc wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:56 am Such as?
Sodium, cholesterol, lots of unhealthy fats and sugar. Much like cereal, they are often artificially loaded with vitamins though.
Sure.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

-1- wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:36 am
thedoc wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:17 am The only thing that makes any of that unhealthy for you is getting too much.
There is a Hungarian saying, "too much of anything is harmful to you." A Hungarian humorist expanded on that, and said, with the mouth of one of his characters, "too much of anything is harmful to you, except money."

I read you, thedoc, and I agree with you. The question remains: how much of McD food is too much? Is one portion (an order of any item) too much, or not too much?

One can further ask, does it depend on the state of hunger, the size, and the general health of the eater of McD food, when deciding how much of it is too much?
Just as in everything else in life it depends on the individual. For some once a week is too much, for others every day is not, the trick is to know what is good for the individual. One size does not fit all.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

There is another Hungarian saying (I'm actually not sure where it came from) that claims that if a woman wants to attract a particular man, she should take some of her pubic hair, chop it up very small, mix it with some food and serve it to the man in question. I can see how this might work.
-1-

Post by -1- »

thedoc wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:31 pm
There is another Hungarian saying (I'm actually not sure where it came from) that claims that if a woman wants to attract a particular man, she should take some of her pubic hair, chop it up very small, mix it with some food and serve it to the man in question. I can see how this might work.
There is also a Norwest saying (I don't know either where it exactly came from) that if you want a woman to love you, you must mix your snut and pooh in into her food, and see what happens after she eats this.

You should try this.

And for the record, no, I haven't tried it, and I shan't.
Mike Strand

Post by Mike Strand »

Many of us simply eat way more than we need to. Daily food portion size is a big driver of an individual's weight. I think a person could be OK if not perfectly healthy on nothing but McD food, if the portions eaten daily were varied in content and not too big for the individual. Weight also depends on the amount of daily exercise, but not nearly as much as on the amount of food consumed per day. One way I've seen a friend reduce weight successfully was to train the stomach to accept smaller portions -- uncomfortable at first, but the stomach shrinks over time to make the person feel full on reasonable portion sizes. Weight loss then can be gradual and not dangerous. Not a dramatic, short-term method -- it takes patience, and maybe a new habit to replace eating as a comforting habit or mental crutch.