Which food would you say is most American?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Which food would you say is most American?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I'm not sure if you could call this social media, but I don't have a clue how to use twitter or Facebook and don't want to know. I'm not interested in telling people how 'gorgeous' they are in their latest hideous 'selfie'.
The Americans on here must be only pretending to be Americans then, to make Americans look bad. You only have to look as far as this thread title.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

VT: There you go again with your bigotry, now insulting all Americans here. If you were rational, you would know that in a nation of more than 300 million people, it is absurd to stereotype every one in that group in a derogatory manner, as you repeatedly do on here. Bigotry has simply caused you to forget how to think rationally.
vegetariantaxidermy

Not at all. You have individual ants and termites too.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

VT: On this forum, how many Americans disagree with one another regarding a wide range of topics? There is not even a unified presence in this forum by Americans. This is because Americans have widely divergent beliefs. Knowing someone is an American does not tell you anything about who they are as a person, other than that they are a citizen of the USA. Any thinking person can see that. You, on the other hand, make blanket statements regarding all Americans, and you do this repeatedly. You aren't even close to getting Americans right.
vegetariantaxidermy

:)
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Upon reflection, my answer would be McDonalds because they have more restaurants throughout the world than anyone else.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:49 am This is a tough question.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
hamburger and hotdog.

.............most "amercan food" outside of those two items came from other lands.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Science Fan wrote: ↑Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:49 pm Ignoring the bigots who know nothing about the USA, the question will largely depend on which part of the country one is talking about. In New Orleans, it may be some seafood gumbo dish. In the south, it may be barbecued smoked ribs.
yes those two are good examples i did not mention.

you are right, those are american foods.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:56 pm
Some foods some people would pick are hamburgers, frankfurthers and corn. But hamburgers derive from Hamburg, frankfurthers from Frankfurt and corn from Indian maize. How American is that?

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
hair splitting in their current form they are american.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:51 pm
thedoc wrote: ↑Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:49 pm French Fries. :lol:
I was thinking about that one doc.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
is that valid though? english have thier "Chips".............did they import them from America?

asking here.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 am New Zealand is a provincial shit-hole that has no real identity any more.
why do you view your nation as a shithole?

I would assume your national identity would be similar you ours - being from the British Empire, your people like mine have a similar culture, self image and law.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 am There's really nothing else to be said about it.

I feel you have more to say about this. i welcome your perspective.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 am They say it's just a mini US copycat now (including the fat arses) so there's no point in going there. I'm not sure how obesity is measured on the world obesity index.
because we share the same culture - the British one.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 am Polynesians are big people with high muscle mass. They could weigh more than a blobby blubbery wobbly american of the same height but not be at all 'overweight'.

yep. it genetic. same for Nigerians (in general - general trends we are talking about here).

yes there are a few thin nigerians/polynesians/etc.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 am And for those Americans who whine about anyone criticising their gas-guzzling, selfish, garbage-creating, planet-destroying, vulgar nightmare of a country, take heart; the rest of the world will be indistinguishable from it in another decade or less (except perhaps muslim countries that could still be beating Ronald McDonald off with a stick (or rocks) ).
Ooh. Can't wait. All that bad spelling and language butchering. Faux American accents everywhere. Women with plastic fish-lips and cricket-ball breasts. Navel gazing, group hugs, high fives, life coaches, unreality TV, Drs. Phil and Drew, corporate jargon, money obsession...........

take heart the whole world - including the Chinese are now adopting the fat american diet.

we will all be fat by 2100 so its all good.

lol.
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: ↑Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:39 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 am New Zealand is a provincial shit-hole that has no real identity any more.
why do you view your nation as a shithole?

I would assume your national identity would be similar you ours - being from the British Empire, your people like mine have a similar culture, self image and law.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 am There's really nothing else to be said about it.

I feel you have more to say about this. i welcome your perspective.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 am They say it's just a mini US copycat now (including the fat arses) so there's no point in going there. I'm not sure how obesity is measured on the world obesity index.
because we share the same culture - the British one.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 am Polynesians are big people with high muscle mass. They could weigh more than a blobby blubbery wobbly american of the same height but not be at all 'overweight'.

yep. it genetic. same for Nigerians (in general - general trends we are talking about here).

yes there are a few thin nigerians/polynesians/etc.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 am And for those Americans who whine about anyone criticising their gas-guzzling, selfish, garbage-creating, planet-destroying, vulgar nightmare of a country, take heart; the rest of the world will be indistinguishable from it in another decade or less (except perhaps muslim countries that could still be beating Ronald McDonald off with a stick (or rocks) ).
Ooh. Can't wait. All that bad spelling and language butchering. Faux American accents everywhere. Women with plastic fish-lips and cricket-ball breasts. Navel gazing, group hugs, high fives, life coaches, unreality TV, Drs. Phil and Drew, corporate jargon, money obsession...........

take heart the whole world - including the Chinese are now adopting the fat american diet.

we will all be fat by 2100 so its all good.

lol.
NZ has it's own cultural identity, just as the US does, and Canada, and Australia.....Or it once did. Countries don't take long to develop a unique identity and character. It's nothing like England's or the rest of the UK's. Possibly closer to somewhere like Norway, but even then not really.
I thought you were American.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Science Fan wrote: ↑Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:42 am You probably hang out on some warped social media sites where the average user is brain-damaged, uneducated, toothless and makes up crap about the USA all day. That would definitely explain it.
IMO all "social media" is AOL of old. for losers.

never joined Facefuk, instacrap, snapshit nor will ever be a twit.

all those sites aim to "Wall off" and remove Forums (like this place) - by making the internet propriety (making forums unviable financially when there are no people NOT on social media!).

fl social media. that future is just the lowest denominator - a shouting eco chamber...................

when that day comes (and it will - people are sheepe, otherwise Social media would never be taking over the net!) I'll unplug from the "net" for the "net" i came to love via the 90's will be a dead empty place with no forums, and only "Social media" left. a propriety place i will never join.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:46 am
NZ has it's own cultural identity, just as the US does, and Canada, and Australia.....Or it once did.
??????????

you saying that NZ used to have a separate identity?

same with Australia, canada and America?..............

I never viewed Canada, Australia or Britain as having an identity from my nation (america) - not since I was around - the 1970's and after.

we share the same culture having a shared foundational history.

I welcome clarification on this view (I really do - value learning, include views about your NZ).

i'm ok with agreeing to dissagree - my ego can manage - lol.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:46 am Countries don't take long to develop a unique identity and character.
we might have to agree to dissagree here. i take a long view on this things and think cultural change take centuries myself.

just my view on the matter.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:46 am It's nothing like England's or the rest of the UK's. Possibly closer to somewhere like Norway, but even then not really.
ok, how so. I value learning more. always like NZ (mostly from what i know of its weather - like Scotland, Pacific Northwest (i'm in love with Washington/Oregon).
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:46 am I thought you were American.
I am - 2 yrs ago I'd have no reservations saying so - but with Trump now, i say so with regret and shame ;-/.