First British people

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: First British people

Post by -1- »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:10 pm The scouser accent is the zenith in English accent sexyness - up North it's hard to find a decent one - but Liverpool stands alone.
Finally! Finally I understand 2/3 of the title of the old Monkees song, "Randy Scouse Git." Up 50% from previous level of knowledge. I am still having trouble with "git".

My friend Paul who has a degree in English, and is one of the most cultured guys I know with encyclopedic knowledge, had had trouble with "jiggered". He lived to be 42 before he actually got the meaning.

English English to a person speaking North-American English is not transparent, like the other way around.

Four speakers (or at least three) of the few of the clearest and most beautiful British accents were the Beatles -- with the possible exception of Ringo -- and they were from Liverpool. I don't know if they had a scouser accent, as I only learned the word today.

Anyone care to post the answer? To the question: did the Beatles sing and speak in a scouser accent?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

-1- wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:38 pm Well I suppose when your own women sound like a cross between a foghorn and a distressed parrot then pretty much anything would sound good by comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBJtGeRsYJ4

Warning. Have the volume very low if you don't want bleeding from your ears and permanent hearing damage.
You're only jealous because you are not a cross between a foghorn and a distressed parrot.

You only wish.

And I don't own any women, per se. We are all autonomous individuals (except for me... my actions are dictated by determinism. If I want an ice cream cone, for instance, I am determined to get that ice cream cone.)
It's just an expression. Not meant to be literal, so don't get your PC knickers in a twist over it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Belinda wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:04 am Good article you recommended, Explorer. I like how the author stresses the importance of reproductive age as a factor.
Regarding albino Africans, these people whose albinism is bad for the public gene pool are badly treated. I wondered if the mammalian social tendency to kill mavericks is genetic.
Does that person look albino to you???
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:15 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:10 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:08 am
I find the yank fascination with English accents odd. I think every English accent is horrible. Extremely unsexy. I find Welsh the prettiest accent in the English speaking world and after that Irish (NOT Northern).
The scouser accent is the zenith in English accent sexyness - up North it's hard to find a decent one - but Liverpool stands alone.
How does this guy have a scouse accent when he's not from Liverpool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YcWkvkEZUg
He is from Liverpool.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

-1- wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:36 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:10 pm The scouser accent is the zenith in English accent sexyness - up North it's hard to find a decent one - but Liverpool stands alone.
Finally! Finally I understand 2/3 of the title of the old Monkees song, "Randy Scouse Git." Up 50% from previous level of knowledge. I am still having trouble with "git".

My friend Paul who has a degree in English, and is one of the most cultured guys I know with encyclopedic knowledge, had had trouble with "jiggered". He lived to be 42 before he actually got the meaning.

English English to a person speaking North-American English is not transparent, like the other way around.

Four speakers (or at least three) of the few of the clearest and most beautiful British accents were the Beatles -- with the possible exception of Ringo -- and they were from Liverpool. I don't know if they had a scouser accent, as I only learned the word today.

Anyone care to post the answer? To the question: did the Beatles sing and speak in a scouser accent?
The members of the Beatles are scouser, down south we would call anyone from Liverpool a scouser. They do speak with a scouser accent, not sure about singing whether it's discernible though.
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:10 pm

The scouser accent is the zenith in English accent sexyness - up North it's hard to find a decent one - but Liverpool stands alone.

He is from Liverpool.
According to Wiki it's Cheshire, and I think he puts it on (for some unknown reason) because he loses it every now and then. Well it's a repulsive accent anyway.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:35 pm

He is from Liverpool.
According to Wiki it's Cheshire, and I think he puts it on (for some unknown reason) because he loses it every now and then. Well it's a repulsive accent anyway.
We must be in different dimensions when we look at WIKI. What's more repulsive is the American and Australian drool that has spawned from it.
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:44 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:35 pm

He is from Liverpool.
We must be in different dimensions when we look at WIKI. What's more repulsive is the American and Australian drool that has spawned from it.
Well Americans love all English accents, so don't mind me. The Beatles sounded ok, but that comedian sounds ridiculous.

According to Wiki he comes from 'Winsford' which apparently is in Hong Kong :D

''Early life

Bishop is the youngest of four children born to labourer Edward Bishop and wife Kathleen Hackett. He grew up mostly in Winsford, Hong Kong and Runcorn, Cheshire, and attended Murdishaw West Primary School and Brookvale Academy, after he and his family moved from Huyton, Merseyside.[4] He briefly studied English at Newcastle Polytechnic[5][6] and gained a Bachelor of Arts in Social Science from Manchester Polytechnic.[7]''
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:04 am Good article you recommended, Explorer. I like how the author stresses the importance of reproductive age as a factor.
Regarding albino Africans, these people whose albinism is bad for the public gene pool are badly treated. I wondered if the mammalian social tendency to kill mavericks is genetic.
Veggie, I was referring to albinism which is mentioned in the article cited.
vegetariantaxidermy

Belinda wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:08 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm
Veggie, I was referring to albinism which is mentioned in the article cited.
I couldn't find any mention of albinism, and it's a pretty shallow article (easy to scan for a particular word).

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/02/turn ... lly-black/
vegetariantaxidermy

The article oozes 'warm fuzzy' politics anyway.

"The historical perspective that you get just tells you that things change, things are in flux, and what may seem as a cemented truth, that people feel the British should have white skin through time, is not at all something that is an immutable truth," Dr Yoan Dieckmann, a University College London who participated in the study, told the press. "It has always changed and will change." The heading is just mischievous ''Progressive'' politicking.

Ten thousand years ago there was no 'Britain' :roll:
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Veggy, I referred to this article cited by Philosophy Explorer.

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibra ... _skincolor
vegetariantaxidermy

Belinda wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:06 pm Veggy, I referred to this article cited by Philosophy Explorer.

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibra ... _skincolor
That wasn't the one posted. I see there's no link there now.
-1-

Post by -1- »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:31 pm
The members of the Beatles are scouser, down south we would call anyone from Liverpool a scouser. They do speak with a scouser accent, not sure about singing whether it's discernible though.
Ta.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 pm So 'British' people used to have darker skin, and the mutation for blue eyes happened before the skin became paler. OMG! Absolutely unbelieveable! This incredible discovery will change the world as we know it!
"change the world as we know it"?

ok - lol.

BTW the first British People were Neanderthals and their earlier Home Hablis kindred...............whom the latter Sapians breed with around 60-40,000 BC............through around 24k. we out bread them and interbred the "first brits" into outselves via numbers. at most neanderthals numbers 1/4 million.

we swamped them literally when we showed up - first 60K yr ago (but that migration died out) - later in 40K yr ago........which held, and so from that time forward we literally swamped them numberwise

as for skin color - whatever - that is a "Fast mutation" (not racial - there are many south african blacks (due to being far from equator) with lighter skin than Pakis/Indians - who though have darker skin - are Caucasion (via shape of skull).

blue eyes showed up 20,000 yr ago around the Caspian Sea - that give 10,000 yrs of breeding from there to England for Cheader man to get his eyes.