Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9152
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:16 pm If the likes of Seleucus and Nick-A feel that they are being 'verbally abused' and 'bullied' then that has to be a good thing. I was under the impression that they are both psychopaths with no discernible feelings at all.
I can see it coming. Vege will establish the official Philosophy Now mob dedicated to the defense and preservation of "right thinking." Those like Selecus and I will be proclaimed disciples of the Frankenstein monster. The mob will chase us into the tower and burn it down with the lighted torches they will be carrying. Secular progressives everywhere will hail it as a victory and one step leading to the coming utopia featuring a quality of education assuring peace and love for all.
Boo hoo. Poor you. Unless of course you are writing satirically? In that case I congratulate you. It's quite funny :)
(Btw, that would be 'lit' torches, but more commonly 'flaming').
FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2465
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 pm Those like Selecus and I will be proclaimed disciples of the Frankenstein monster. The mob will chase us into the tower and burn it down with the lighted torches they will be carrying. .....
A more reliable prediction is that you will continue to inhabit that pathetic vortex of self pity until the day you die of repetitive masturbation injuries.
Nick_A
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09 pm
Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:16 pm If the likes of Seleucus and Nick-A feel that they are being 'verbally abused' and 'bullied' then that has to be a good thing. I was under the impression that they are both psychopaths with no discernible feelings at all.
I can see it coming. Vege will establish the official Philosophy Now mob dedicated to the defense and preservation of "right thinking." Those like Selecus and I will be proclaimed disciples of the Frankenstein monster. The mob will chase us into the tower and burn it down with the lighted torches they will be carrying. Secular progressives everywhere will hail it as a victory and one step leading to the coming utopia featuring a quality of education assuring peace and love for all.
Boo hoo. Poor you. Unless of course you are writing satirically? In that case I congratulate you. It's quite funny :)
(Btw, that would be 'lit' torches, but more commonly 'flaming').
Be careful or you'll be accused of homophobia. "flaming" has a particular connotation. If you insist on being politically correct you must write lighted torches so as not to disturb the snowflakes.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9152
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09 pm
Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 pm

I can see it coming. Vege will establish the official Philosophy Now mob dedicated to the defense and preservation of "right thinking." Those like Selecus and I will be proclaimed disciples of the Frankenstein monster. The mob will chase us into the tower and burn it down with the lighted torches they will be carrying. Secular progressives everywhere will hail it as a victory and one step leading to the coming utopia featuring a quality of education assuring peace and love for all.
Boo hoo. Poor you. Unless of course you are writing satirically? In that case I congratulate you. It's quite funny :)
(Btw, that would be 'lit' torches, but more commonly 'flaming').
Be careful or you'll be accused of homophobia. "flaming" has a particular connotation. If you insist on being politically correct you must write lighted torches so as not to disturb the snowflakes.
You clearly don't understand what PC is (the clue is in the 'P' (oh, and the 'C') ). Never mind. Very few people do. I didn't know that 'flaming' has a particular connotation.
EchoesOfTheHorizon
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:08 am

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:35 am
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:
Hey S57 is Trixie trying to post but is getting deleted faster than he can be seen by me or is he just gone from a while due to moderator abuse
I do not think she will be back since I told her that the mods delete posts and threads without notification
She has not been here for twelve days and I see mods have deleted thirty six more of her posts since then
I will miss her because I liked her very much even though most of what she posted was complete nonsense
I’ve been trying to find out, if they banned him, I’m contacting the English authorities and getting this site listed as a abusive pro-hate site. Only reason he gets banned is because he adhere to the very value system many European sites promote. I’m sick of the contradictions, the inhumanity of pushing people away.

I’ve pointed it out before, a Christian isn’t going to approve of his lifestyle, but we won’t send such people packing. Christians historically were known to live around brothels and bathhouses, amongst every seedy Vice. Not because we embraced it, but rather that is where we are best centered, among people who need it the most. Modern liberalism praises every vice, especially harmful ones, but then pushes such people to the extreme edge of society and more or less hopes they just go away. San Francisco is exactly that way. They applaud it outright, but the reality is utterly brutal for people who embrace such radical lifestyles.

This site is a utter farce if it systematically persecuted him, or outright banned him. It is very shameful. He wasn’t hurting anyone except for a cartoon pony, other than himself. He needed the exposure to ideas of philosophy more than anyone else, and from a variety of viewpoints. Not just mine, I’m saying a authentic variety of viewpoints. He never could get this because people couldn’t take him seriously once they figured out his fetish. I was still in the beginning stages of getting him interested in basic concepts of logic, as a programmer, he could of picked up fast on it.

Just another waste, flesh tossed on the heap bin. Some asshole moderator saying to themselves he didn’t conform to the rules bu accept him.... utter bullshit, he was getting harassed and systematically hammered. Some people have the misfortune of falling more under the jurisdiction of the law than others, due to prejudice.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Arising_uk »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:I’ve been trying to find out, if they banned him, I’m contacting the English authorities and getting this site listed as a abusive pro-hate site. ...
Have you asked the mods if he's been banned? I doubt it.

'English Authorities', 'abusive pro-hate site' - I can guess what this is and it'll be like that other Yank twat we had here who got upset that we allowed the freedom to others to express views he didn't like(mainly a spat with the goaturder Satyr) and went on to Amazon reviews in a campaign against the magazine to hurt its sales in your insane country.
ThatOnly reason he gets banned is because he adhere to the very value system many European sites promote. I’m sick of the contradictions, the inhumanity of pushing people away. ...
I'm sick of listening to you Yanks and your self-absorbed narcissism. You have no evidence that GWT has been banned but just love shouting your mouth off.
...
This site is a utter farce if it systematically persecuted him, or outright banned him. It is very shameful. He wasn’t hurting anyone except for a cartoon pony, other than himself. He needed the exposure to ideas of philosophy more than anyone else, and from a variety of viewpoints. Not just mine, I’m saying a authentic variety of viewpoints. He never could get this because people couldn’t take him seriously once they figured out his fetish. I was still in the beginning stages of getting him interested in basic concepts of logic, as a programmer, he could of picked up fast on it. ...
That's a fucking laugh as it was you broadcasting far and wide his fetishes. No-one's been systematically persecuted, as far as I can see a bunch of pointless self-absorbed pointless waffle has been removed. GWT was here before and left saying how stupid we all were and then came back with you lot in tow. Maybe he's just left again.
Just another waste, flesh tossed on the heap bin. Some asshole moderator saying to themselves he didn’t conform to the rules bu accept him.... utter bullshit, he was getting harassed and systematically hammered. Some people have the misfortune of falling more under the jurisdiction of the law than others, due to prejudice.
You and the latest clutch of Yank loons are the misfortune that has landed upon this forum. Personally I'm pleased as it may well cause the management to re-think this forum and turn it into a site only accessible to those who subscribe to the PN magazine(after all that's who pay for it), that way we may still get the loons but the mag will benefit and I doubt we'll get as many as they only seem to be freeloaders in the main.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
Nick_A
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 pm
Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Boo hoo. Poor you. Unless of course you are writing satirically? In that case I congratulate you. It's quite funny :)
(Btw, that would be 'lit' torches, but more commonly 'flaming').
Be careful or you'll be accused of homophobia. "flaming" has a particular connotation. If you insist on being politically correct you must write lighted torches so as not to disturb the snowflakes.
You clearly don't understand what PC is (the clue is in the 'P' (oh, and the 'C') ). Never mind. Very few people do. I didn't know that 'flaming' has a particular connotation.
From the Urban Dictionary:
Flaming has two definitions: The first one is a homosexual man with very "gay" qualities, not to say that I have anything against homosexuals.. In other words it's a gay man who is very loud, feminine, flamboyant, loves fashion, loves techno, loves musical theater, is very sex obsessed and is very obnoxious.
Ya gotta watch your flaming torches. :)
User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Greta »

Since when are unpaid moderators supposed to put up with this kind of self entitled aggression? Wow. If I was mod here, there would be utter carnage and I'd probably have to go into police protection :lol:

When one joins a forum it's like entering a room full of people with pre-existing relationships. What would such a group of people make of a stranger who simply stomped in and tried to take the floor with long grievances full of obvious factual errors, and lashing vulnerable minorities?

They might be rejected by any group that values reason, logic and decency. That is not victimisation, that's life.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 pm The question I am posing, andthis might be strictly subjective: What is so extreme about his philosophy?
To put it succinctly, I think it is extreme to throw everyone (including posters here) in a bucket, labeling them as spirit-killers, saying that they don't care about children, and saying that they follow the Great Beast, because they do not subscribe to Nick's particular set of views. In addition to making false claims against people here, Nick often presents his awareness as being more than that of other people -- while at the same time playing the victim when people respond strongly to all of the above. I don't know how long you've been following Nick's posts... but he has been doing this for a few years from my experience (and probably longer for some other posters).

Every once in awhile, I still try to have a reasonable discussion with Nick because I'm guessing that we ultimately care about the same things... and it's an interesting process (to me) to try to meet somewhere in the middle. But as soon as he starts throwing out the stuff above, there doesn't seem to be any point other than making fun of it.
AMod
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by AMod »

EchoesOfTheHorizon,
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote:...
I’ve been trying to find out, if they banned him, I’m contacting the English authorities and getting this site listed as a abusive pro-hate site. ...
In that case you've made my job easier, bye now.

AMod.
p.s.
GWT was not banned.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9152
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:35 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 pm
Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Be careful or you'll be accused of homophobia. "flaming" has a particular connotation. If you insist on being politically correct you must write lighted torches so as not to disturb the snowflakes.
You clearly don't understand what PC is (the clue is in the 'P' (oh, and the 'C') ). Never mind. Very few people do. I didn't know that 'flaming' has a particular connotation.
From the Urban Dictionary:
Flaming has two definitions: The first one is a homosexual man with very "gay" qualities, not to say that I have anything against homosexuals.. In other words it's a gay man who is very loud, feminine, flamboyant, loves fashion, loves techno, loves musical theater, is very sex obsessed and is very obnoxious.
Ya gotta watch your flaming torches. :)
I'm not PC and I will use the word 'flaming' whenever I flaming well want to :D .
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 pm Exactly what have I accused you of that is untrue?
Here are just a few from this thread...
Nick_A wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:24 am You don't respect differences between people
Nick_A wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 pmYou are only concerned with appearance and believe with the correct progressive education people will all react the same because they are the same in their essence.
Nick_A wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 pmin you eyes these “chosen people should be eliminated
How am I supposed to respond to you Nick when you continually make statements about me that are untrue?
Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 pm You prefer to argue colors
Only in response to people who frame everything as black or white. Don't misrepresent the context of my communication.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 pm Others are aware that their source is white light so seek to move psychologically closer to white light through awakening.
So do I. Don't you think it's possible to see and value both perspectives?
Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 pm You see many reflections and others are attracted to wholeness.
Again, you misrepresent the context of my communication -- which was in response to your claims that things are only a "particular way". OF COURSE I'm attracted to wholeness, Nick. I continually speak of being connected and being one -- just as I did in response to your arguments of separation. Why is it that you can see wholeness when you think it contradicts me, but you don't see it when it contradicts you? I can see "the many" and "the one" and the unknown and the fluid... and I can feel appreciation for all of it. Please stop defining me in narrow terms that serve your argument from one moment to the next.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 pm I am challenging you to abandon wishful thinking and be open to the reality of the human condition.
OF COURSE I AM open to the human condition... I have LIVED it my entire life... and I SEE it everywhere continually. But I see MORE than just what YOU FOCUS ON. That is what I'm trying to communicate and share.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 pm Show a little humility rather than continually indulging in defensive emotional reaction.
Maybe you should have written that directive to yourself, Nick. I'm responding to the things you say. I do not feel defensive. I think you ruin the chance for discussing your position rationally and truthfully because you interject too much weird stuff into it, and project weird stuff onto other people.
User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Greta »

Here's an idea just to mix things up a bit ... let's start with the premise that everyone has some valid points to make, even if they make mistakes.

What might those valid points be?
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6220
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:15 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 pm The question I am posing, andthis might be strictly subjective: What is so extreme about his philosophy?
To put it succinctly, I think it is extreme to throw everyone (including posters here) in a bucket, labeling them as spirit-killers, saying that they don't care about children, and saying that they follow the Great Beast, because they do not subscribe to Nick's particular set of views. In addition to making false claims against people here, Nick often presents his awareness as being more than that of other people -- while at the same time playing the victim when people respond strongly to all of the above. I don't know how long you've been following Nick's posts... but he has been doing this for a few years from my experience (and probably longer for some other posters).

Every once in awhile, I still try to have a reasonable discussion with Nick because I'm guessing that we ultimately care about the same things... and it's an interesting process (to me) to try to meet somewhere in the middle. But as soon as he starts throwing out the stuff above, there doesn't seem to be any point other than making fun of it.
Well maybe you take his perspective too seriously. I like Nick but I view his philosophy like a barking dog. The dog barks, you know something is out of place, however once you know it is out of place you just ignore the dog as it does what it does: bark. Can't blame a dog for being a dog. Can't hate the dog, because what it does is necessary. The dog barks, I look up, check out and make sure everything is right. Once I check, the dog continues barking and you let him...because you need him too.

Nick is a necessary evil, but evil is too strong of word...or maybe too dramatic. He can post as much as he want for all I care. If I don't want to listen to a post, I just don't read it.

Why force him to meet in the middle? What do you want out of it? Me personally, extremes offer the opportunity for differ perspectives I would not see otherwise. There is a place for everything and everyone under the sun. Stop trying to fix the world and let it be.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:53 am Why force him to meet in the middle? What do you want out of it? Me personally, extremes offer the opportunity for differ perspectives I would not see otherwise. There is a place for everything and everyone under the sun. Stop trying to fix the world and let it be.
Maybe YOU are taking this too seriously. Why are you telling me how to be... and telling me not to "force" Nick to meet in the middle... as if that has any place in reality? I have very politely answered your questions and told you why I view Nick's behavior as extreme (so what?). Yet you're "correcting" me by telling me how YOU handle it (what does that have to do with this?) -- AND YOU'RE TELLING ME NOT TO TELL NICK how to be? :lol: Why don't YOU stop trying to FIX ME and let me be?
Post Reply