Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:26 am
Nick_A wrote:Do you distinguish between secular love and Christian love?
No, it's love.

Still hearing a big fat nothing about what you are proposing to teach our kids?
If you think they are the same how could you possibly hope to become open to Christianity? As I've said, I don't want to participate in a discussion on education with those dedicated to the destruction of eros in the young and creating metaphysical repression in the cause of secular progressive indoctrination.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:23 am
Nick_A wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:07 amEverything I've experience with the secular progressive mindset indicates it wants nothing else than societal control acquired through indoctrination.
In truth, you lack useful experience with a "secular" or any other mindset. To learn from experience one needs to actually pay attention to ideas in others' heads rather than being locked in your own echo chamber reverberating with your mangled interpretations of Weil and Needleman.

Please go away and try again when you are capable of adult discussion.
You seem to define an adult discussion as one following the secular progressive agenda and intolerant of those aware of its emptiness.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:If you think they are the same how could you possibly hope to become open to Christianity? ...
Why would I wish this? I'm an atheist.
As I've said, I don't want to participate in a discussion on education with those dedicated to the destruction of eros in the young and creating metaphysical repression in the cause of secular progressive indoctrination.
You do know that the Greek 'eros' is about asking and answering questions don't you?

The only metaphysical repression that is going on is with those who have been indoctrinated with a religion before they could think and decide for themselves. For example those kids that Needleman met.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:35 am
Greta wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:23 am
Nick_A wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:07 amEverything I've experience with the secular progressive mindset indicates it wants nothing else than societal control acquired through indoctrination.
In truth, you lack useful experience with a "secular" or any other mindset. To learn from experience one needs to actually pay attention to ideas in others' heads rather than being locked in your own echo chamber reverberating with your mangled interpretations of Weil and Needleman.

Please go away and try again when you are capable of adult discussion.
You seem to define an adult discussion as one following the secular progressive agenda and intolerant of those aware of its emptiness.
No, just normal conversation without regular nagging, sniping and bragging. Do you speak with other people as though they are human beings in regular life in meatspace or do you treat those people like dirt as you do to those online?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am
Nick_A wrote:If you think they are the same how could you possibly hope to become open to Christianity? ...
Why would I wish this? I'm an atheist.
As I've said, I don't want to participate in a discussion on education with those dedicated to the destruction of eros in the young and creating metaphysical repression in the cause of secular progressive indoctrination.
You do know that the Greek 'eros' is about asking and answering questions don't you?

The only metaphysical repression that is going on is with those who have been indoctrinated with a religion before they could think and decide for themselves. For example those kids that Needleman met.
Nick_A wrote:
If you think they are the same how could you possibly hope to become open to Christianity? ...

A_uk replied: Why would I wish this? I'm an atheist.
What a perfect example of blind denial! In former times an intelligent person was considered to be one who asks questions and seeks to understand concepts before either supporting or denying them. The intelligent person as seen by secular progressive philosophy is one whe denies first as conditioned to do so and asks questions later. Why either blindly believe or blindly deny something like Christianity which only a few truly understand sufficiently to live by it? Here we have A_uk openly admitting denial of what is not understood. A truly modern meaningless response. How can anyone with a straight face wonder why verbal abuse and cyber bullying are considered intelligent responses? In the old days it was fashionable to say "shoot first and ask questions later." It has been changed in times of modern education into "deny first and ask questions later." Progress
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:What a perfect example of blind denial! ...
You are truly mental!!

You also avoid answering any sentence ending with a question mark whereas I answer every one that has one so I know who is the lover of 'eros' here.
In former times an intelligent person was considered to be one who asks questions and seeks to understand concepts before either supporting or denying them. ...
You asked me how could I possibly be open to Christianity and I told you that since I am an atheist why would I wish to be. Now given I don't believe in your 'God' what is it that you think I should be open to with respect to Christianity? If it is the message of love that Christ preached then I am already open to that but if you think that my love is different from your proposed Christian love then I'm open to hearing how?
The intelligent person as seen by secular progressive philosophy is one whe denies first as conditioned to do so and asks questions later. ...
Actually no, an intelligent person asks the questions first and the philosophical one upon hearing the answers draws conclusions as to whether to believe them or not, and then we have such as you.
Why either blindly believe or blindly deny something like Christianity which only a few truly understand sufficiently to live by it?
I don't blindly believe nor blindly deny Christianity, what do you even mean by such statements? And if only a few truly understand it how are you even talking about it with the authority you appear to think you have?
Here we have A_uk openly admitting denial of what is not understood. ...
No, here you having someone telling you that they've understood what they've been told and don't believe it.
A truly modern meaningless response. ...
No, a truly philosophical one.
How can anyone with a straight face wonder why verbal abuse and cyber bullying are considered intelligent responses? ...
You are the only one in this conversation that is abusing and bullying. I'm still waiting for you to say exactly what it is you are proposing to teach our kids and the more you avoid answering the more I'm convinced it can't be anything good.
In the old days it was fashionable to say "shoot first and ask questions later." It has been changed in times of modern education into "deny first and ask questions later." Progress
In the old days people used to reply to questions with honest answers but then we got the interweebles like you.