If TIME picked loser of the year, who would that be?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: If TIME picked loser of the year, who would that be?

Post by -1- »

If it were really TIME that picked the loser of the year, I'd say it'd be one of the other three dimensions in the space-time coordinate system: it would be either X, Y, or Z.

Now, one has to carefully consider the position of these coordinates, as their exact location in space is determined not by some ideal or constant or absolute, but by the very matter space contains. This is true, as far as human thought and interpretation of space-time is concerned. There may be a true X, a true Y, and a true Z, just like there is a true north.

Finding the location and direction of these coordinates may be the clue we need to understand truly what TIME is.

Therefore, while I can't decide this question for TIME, I am sure that Z, Y, and X have their own choices for picking the ultimate loser of the available candidates: TIME, X, Y, and Z.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:50 am FDP:

"Trump's only two objectives are to be rich...'

Since he never released his tax return, you can't tell. And what do you mean by rich? And how do you know what he has on his mind exactly? I won't waste my time responding to the rest of what you wrote, but it's obvious from just this part you didn't put careful thought into what you wrote.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Oh dear Phil, are you still pissy at me about that sales tricks thing?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

FlashDangerpants wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:48 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:50 am FDP:

"Trump's only two objectives are to be rich...'

Since he never released his tax return, you can't tell. And what do you mean by rich? And how do you know what he has on his mind exactly? I won't waste my time responding to the rest of what you wrote, but it's obvious from just this part you didn't put careful thought into what you wrote.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Oh dear Phil, are you still pissy at me about that sales tricks thing?
You can't even address what I brought up here and resort to ad homs to try to provoke me. You just spout off what comes off the top of your head without clear thought. What else will you try to bring up from social media?

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
FlashDangerpants

Yeah, you still don't know what Ad Hominem means, which is sad because it is extremely simple.
I have no idea what you are referencing in regard to social media, and most likely, neither do you.

The tax reform bill is major legislation and as I understand it has now passed, so the claim you made that he "hasn't seen any major legislation passed under his administration" is factually incorrect.

It's sort of cute to see you trying to grasp standards of argument and stuff. But you aren't making any real progress if your only use for them is try and troll me even when I don't give a flying fuck.
Philosophy Explorer

FDP:

"The tax reform bill is major legislation and as I understand it has now passed, so the claim you made that he 'hasn't seen any major legislation passed under his administration' is factually incorrect."

Bullshit as I didn't make that claim. Reread what I posted and quote me properly.

Since you're following me, I'd say you're the one who's trolling especially when you say I'm getting all pissy. You're not able to make credible arguments to the points I'm making.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Philosophy Explorer

I don't think I'll get too much argument that Trump is the worst President the US ever had. Yet, in spite of that, the US will move ahead for years to come.

From what I've heard, on balance, the new tax bill will be positive. The main griping is that the middle class won't benefit as much as the wealth BUT THE MIDDLE CLASS WILL STILL BENEFIT.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
FlashDangerpants

Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 pm Bullshit as I didn't make that claim. Reread what I posted and quote me properly.
Yes it is, you definitely claimed that no major legislation has passed. But here you go, quote in full if you want to get all pissy about it.
Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:53 am Regarding Trump, it's a no brainer that he has little influence considering his party holds the majority by two votes in the Senate and to date hasn't seen any major legislation passed under his administration. I can add that his support of Roy Moore wasn't enough influence in the Alabama election so I would consider Trump a loser under those circumstances.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Trump signs tax bill before leaving for Mar-a-Lago
Major legislation. Sorted. you were wrong twice because you lied about the claim which you clearly did make.

Why do you do this shit to yourself Phil?
Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 pm From what I've heard, on balance, the new tax bill will be positive. The main griping is that the middle class won't benefit as much as the wealth BUT THE MIDDLE CLASS WILL STILL BENEFIT.
You aren't well read then. There's a sunset clause to take the benefits away from the middle class after a few years - otherwise the debt numbers were too disastrous. There isn't one on the pass-through entities reduced tax provisions which is actually the worst part of the bill (reducing corporate income tax is unpopular, but very sensible). But the absurd assumption about tax cuts paying for themselves means you have hugely increased your ongoing deficits and America is politically unable to handle that without regular government shut-downs and budget crises such as those you have uniquely had among all rich economies in the last couple of decades. This will result in further cuts to basic government services which will affect you, not the rich.

Incidentally, the fact that you need a foreigner to tell you these things is not impressive.
Philosophy Explorer

Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 pm FDP:

"The tax reform bill is major legislation and as I understand it has now passed, so the claim you made that he 'hasn't seen any major legislation passed under his administration' is factually incorrect."

Bullshit as I didn't make that claim. Reread what I posted and quote me properly.

Since you're following me, I'd say you're the one who's trolling especially when you say I'm getting all pissy. You're not able to make credible arguments to the points I'm making.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
This is the correct quote dummy:

"Regarding Trump, it's a no brainer that he has little influence considering his party holds the majority by two votes in the Senate and to date hasn't seen any major legislation passed under his administration."

"...to date..." So your claim is a baldfaced lie which is why you didn't try to fix your misquote. Learn to read.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Philosophy Explorer

FlashDangerpants wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:17 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 pm Bullshit as I didn't make that claim. Reread what I posted and quote me properly.
Yes it is, you definitely claimed that no major legislation has passed. But here you go, quote in full if you want to get all pissy about it.
Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:53 am Regarding Trump, it's a no brainer that he has little influence considering his party holds the majority by two votes in the Senate and to date hasn't seen any major legislation passed under his administration. I can add that his support of Roy Moore wasn't enough influence in the Alabama election so I would consider Trump a loser under those circumstances.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Trump signs tax bill before leaving for Mar-a-Lago
Major legislation. Sorted. you were wrong twice because you lied about the claim which you clearly did make.

Why do you do this shit to yourself Phil?
Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 pm From what I've heard, on balance, the new tax bill will be positive. The main griping is that the middle class won't benefit as much as the wealth BUT THE MIDDLE CLASS WILL STILL BENEFIT.
You aren't well read then. There's a sunset clause to take the benefits away from the middle class after a few years - otherwise the debt numbers were too disastrous. There isn't one on the pass-through entities reduced tax provisions which is actually the worst part of the bill (reducing corporate income tax is unpopular, but very sensible). But the absurd assumption about tax cuts paying for themselves means you have hugely increased your ongoing deficits and America is politically unable to handle that without regular government shut-downs and budget crises such as those you have uniquely had among all rich economies in the last couple of decades. This will result in further cuts to basic government services which will affect you, not the rich.

Incidentally, the fact that you need a foreigner to tell you these things is not impressive.
Even with the sunset clause, the new tax plan has a much higher standard deduction built into the tax code. And time will tell what else is forthcoming.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
FlashDangerpants

Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:41 pm Even with the sunset clause, the new tax plan has a much higher standard deduction built into the tax code. And time will tell what else is forthcoming.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Cool, so Trump isn't such a loser then.
Philosophy Explorer

FlashDangerpants wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:46 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:41 pm Even with the sunset clause, the new tax plan has a much higher standard deduction built into the tax code. And time will tell what else is forthcoming.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Maybe not, but keep in mind that the bill originated from Congress which he signed into law.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
FlashDangerpants

Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:50 pm

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Maybe not, but keep in mind that the bill originated from Congress which he signed into law.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Do you need to watch that "I'm Just a Bill" cartoon to learn how this stuff works?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0

One more: Foreigner explaining this to American is a sad reflection on your education establishment.
Philosophy Explorer

FlashDangerpants wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:38 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:50 pm

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Do you need to watch that "I'm Just a Bill" cartoon to learn how this stuff works?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0

One more: Foreigner explaining this to American is a sad reflection on your education establishment.
I look upon this as foreigner has nothing else that's interesting to bring up (e.g. what's going on in his own country?) Besides I don't follow politics closely as I have plenty to preoccupy me.

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
FlashDangerpants

I gave you a good example of a massive fucking loser in UK politics already. If you don't pay any attention to how your own politics works, you don't have to start threads about it in which to broadcast your ignorance.
Philosophy Explorer

FlashDangerpants wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:59 pm I gave you a good example of a massive fucking loser in UK politics already. If you don't pay any attention to how your own politics works, you don't have to start threads about it in which to broadcast your ignorance.
We're all here to learn so what makes you the exception?

PhilX πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ