Got any good jokes?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Walker
Posts: 4347
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Walker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Messing with the historical record, appealing to …
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghVSZNYPXtw

:lol:

Walker
Posts: 4347
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Walker » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:16 pm

(If you don’t get the joke, it’s the panoply of tag ID’s associated with her beliefs, and how the logical respond.)

thedoc
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by thedoc » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:09 am

Funeral
An old woman passed away, so her husband organized the funeral. It was a touching service, but as it was ending there was a great clap of thunder and a flash of lightning across the sky.

The old man looked to his minister and shurgged, "Well, she's up there, and it's His problem now"

Walker
Posts: 4347
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Walker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Was her name Irma?

User avatar
PauloL
Posts: 473
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:12 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal.

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by PauloL » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:37 pm

An argument between Evolutionauts:

- Well, we miss a lot of fossils indeed, but I think it will come.
- You're wrong this time, I don't think it will come.
- Look at this evidence, it proves I think it will come.
- Rights, that's irrefutable. It's proven, now I think you think it will come.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thedoc
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by thedoc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:55 pm

PauloL wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:37 pm
An argument between Evolutionauts:

- Well, we miss a lot of fossils indeed, but I think it will come.
- You're wrong this time, I don't think it will come.
- Look at this evidence, it proves I think it will come.
- Rights, that's irrefutable. It's proven, now I think you think it will come.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry but that story doesn't belong in this thread, this thread is for "good" jokes. That isn't funny.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3866
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Harbal » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:09 pm

PauloL wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:37 pm
An argument between Evolutionauts:

- Well, we miss a lot of fossils indeed, but I think it will come.
- You're wrong this time, I don't think it will come.
- Look at this evidence, it proves I think it will come.
- Rights, that's irrefutable. It's proven, now I think you think it will come.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Did you mean the joke to be on you? That's what happens when desperation makes you try too hard.

Walker
Posts: 4347
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Walker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:07 am

Gazing at the devastation from a spot of dry land, the minister said to the old man, “Wasn’t Irma a part-time designer back in the salad days?”

The husband said, “She tried, but clients said her work looked chaotic, and there were payment issues.”

Dontaskme
Posts: 3841
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Dontaskme » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:35 pm

An Englishman an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. They then realise trying to enjoy life is pointless and soon they will be taken back to the dark unending void.

.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3866
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Harbal » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:35 pm
An Englishman an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar.
.
Into a bar of what?

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6681
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:42 pm

PauloL wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:37 pm
An argument between Evolutionauts:

- Well, we miss a lot of fossils indeed, but I think it will come.
- You're wrong this time, I don't think it will come.
- Look at this evidence, it proves I think it will come.
- Rights, that's irrefutable. It's proven, now I think you think it will come.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think the punchline must have been lost in google translation.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6681
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Walker wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:07 am
Gazing at the devastation from a spot of dry land, the minister said to the old man, “Wasn’t Irma a part-time designer back in the salad days?”

The husband said, “She tried, but clients said her work looked chaotic, and there were payment issues.”
Is that the whole thing?

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3866
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Harbal » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:45 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:42 pm
Walker wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:07 am
Gazing at the devastation from a spot of dry land, the minister said to the old man, “Wasn’t Irma a part-time designer back in the salad days?”

The husband said, “She tried, but clients said her work looked chaotic, and there were payment issues.”
Is that the whole thing?
It looks like two parts of two different things to me.

thedoc
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by thedoc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:15 pm

An old man was driving his Volvo home from work and he get's a phone call from his wife, "Please be careful, I just saw on the news that some lunatic is driving the wrong way on the freeway." He answered "It's worse than that, there are hundreds of them."

User avatar
PauloL
Posts: 473
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:12 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal.

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by PauloL » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:51 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:42 pm
I think the punchline must have been lost in google translation.
Perhaps, master of English. Poor arrogants that forget that English was a second language (at most) 100 years ago and it isn't granted that it will keep its status another 100 years.

By the way, perhaps you'd like to know that at high school I had better grades in English than some native speakers in my class.

These thoughts are not extensive to all native English-speakers. Only to those few poor arrogants like this one.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests