Got any good jokes?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

enjoy a 🍪 with a tall🥛
Last edited by henry quirk on Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by attofishpi »

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn’t seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let’s make sure he’s dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"
The operator then says: "Please tell me the dead guy was one of those prejudicial Evangelists that think they have the right to distort the words of Christ!"
Walker

Post by Walker »

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn’t seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let’s make sure he’s dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"
The operator then says: "Please tell me the dead guy was one of those prejudicial Evangelists that think they have the right to distort the words of Christ!"

...And then the other guy, the phone whipper named Gasper, gasps to the operator, “I can’t speak for the one you told me to shoot and it’s a tad late to ask him, so don’t waste your time telling me to kill the joke any deader.”

:lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Fuck me Walker, keep trying, one day you might actually come up with something that resembles humour.
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:52 am Fuck me Walker, keep trying, one day you might actually come up with something that resembles humour.
Seems like folks who extol irony can develop a blind spot when looking directly, as I discovered one night in the dark while watching the smoke detector glow on the ceiling. We can at least admire Lori Lightfoot for her name, if not for her administrative capacity, or fashion sense for that matter. Stepping lightly on the world requires not only the transmission of lightness, but the reception properly tuned to that frequency of humour and lightness of course derived from light, refracted into rainbows. (Rainbow chorus rising in the background). In my figurationing ... uh huh, my contribution was an ironic conclusion to that concocted millstone of religious reference or perhaps some sort of bias tied around the neck of a pretty good joke, that not only caused it to fall flat as a drunk on his face in the mud, but to drag it down to the bottom of the lake where the joke drowned, which reminds me of something that happened in Milwaukee long ago, where the thick fragrance of oats and barley, and hops, hang over the frozen city on the lake ... the reminder being the mud not the drowning and although I'm sure that could be tied in, if it's of interest. Come on now, bring it back ...
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Got any good jokes?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, then I turned myself around...

-Imp
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I put my middle leg in, my middle leg out, in out in out, then shook it all about..
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

We used to do that hokey pokey shit on roller skates when I wuz in elementary school. Talk about a law suit waiting to happen.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:44 am We used to do that hokey pokey shit on roller skates when I wuz in elementary school. Talk about a law suit waiting to happen.
in the old days: we could endanger ourselves with abandon on the playground, in the park, etc....if we survived (which we did) we were better for the bruises, black eyes, lacerations, etc.

today: kids get bubble-wrapped before leavin' the house (if they leave the house at all)
Walker

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:01 pm
promethean75 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:44 am We used to do that hokey pokey shit on roller skates when I wuz in elementary school. Talk about a law suit waiting to happen.
in the old days: we could endanger ourselves with abandon on the playground, in the park, etc....if we survived (which we did) we were better for the bruises, black eyes, lacerations, etc.

today: kids get bubble-wrapped before leavin' the house (if they leave the house at all)
How now to self-endanger?
Walker

Post by Walker »

The hokey pokey makes sense when the arbitrary“That’s what it’s all about,” is taken as an absolute, for purposes of sniffing out contradictions with what's known to be true. Because the I-sense only exists in relationship with a person, place, thing or thought, then hokey must be understood in relationship to “I,” and hokey can only be, when I is.

As one can easily detect by the rhythmic sound of the word itself tickling humour frequencies, hokey is obviously semi-disguised humor and in life as in grammar, it oft’ precedes the pokey, whether the pokey be figurative teasing or literal business time.

Indeed, so connected is the relationship between hokey and pokey that one can scarcely think of one without the other, and if this should ever be forgotten then wine (the increasingly rare Cabernet* if not too heavy) and chocolates are a time-tested relationship of prelude leading to hokey and eventually to that moment when one realizes that the relationship of the two, hokey and pokey, cannot exist one without the other, that is, if one is to truly know, from the depths of experience savoured for meaning in contemplation, that that’s what it’s all about.

So, do you see how the hyperbole of circumstance can in itself be cause for humour? Of course you can, even through petulance and resistance, and by this light we can soon see that hokey has other humourous pairings such as … The Hokey Mask, which is a joke in and of itself that has taken over the world.

* Life is a Cabernet, old chum.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:50 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:01 pm

❓
Walker

Post by Walker »

The philosophical praxis you astutely pose with that hieroglyph, is:

What did we gain from childhood self-endangerments such as metal (iron pipe) jungle-gyms planted in concrete, with only a bed of macadam to buffer the fall? At least it was soft as tar in the hot summer sun. Some kids got hurt on the lawsuits waiting to happen, some climbed to the top and never got hurt.

Conversely, what was in the lost childhood experiences of such self-endangerment?
Perhaps, the need for security.

After the childish things are put away, is philosophy an adult substitute for self-endangerment?
Perhaps only if one gives it a good go.

Self-enquiry certainly is an endangerment to any sense of a compounded self.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

actually, I'm just wondern' what...

...means.