Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Walker »

Biden spoke.
Angelo Cannata

Post by Angelo Cannata »

Hello, I am not sure if this is the correct section for my post. Let me know if I am in doubt. I would like to discuss a specific philosophical problem that is not so easy to solve. I am sure somebody here has the necessary competence to sort it out. So let’s go and enter the heart of the question.
A few premises are strongly needed in order to be able to figure the essential frame of this philosophical difficulty. Let’s explain them in order.
The first thing is the essential interspecific reverse relationship between metaphysics of thinking, on one side, and transcendental subjectivity on the other side. This one is a vital point, exposed to criticism, I must admit, but actually not really theoretical. The next point will bring clarity in this set of ideas.
Let’s consider the marxist rebellion that, once obscured by those who consider themselves self-minded, nonetheless is not liable to any reality about nature. This is a dangerous situation: who would venture to admit the opposite of his theory?
Now let’s face the next point of the difficulty. It is about the strength of linguistic abnormal “dasein”, connected, of course, to Heidegger’s dialectic between life and being. The fallacy of such an empiricist approach is evident to everyone: you must be blind if you can’t grasp it.
Now, let’s consider the ontological consequences of the phenomenology contained in what we said: would you be able to admit, even with reference to skepticism, that such an absolutist agnosticism is not analytic? I don’t think so. Hypothetically, anybody could argue, but it is not so easy. Obviously, Hegel’s anthropology is far from being antinomic, in relation to this. The connection with point number 2 is evident.
So, now you can easily focus the real core of the question: it is not an antithesis, nor an aphorism. We must be clear and say, openly, that this is all about axiology: that’s the truth. Now let’s see the consequences of this situation and go to the conclusion.
It is a matter of fact that the Cartesian category of imperative, that anticipates Kant’s causality, is in radical conflict with all cognitive conceptualism. This makes clear our conclusion: we are forced to admit that any conventional criterion works like a deconstruction of determinism. That’s the point. In other words, to make it simple and clear, the dialectical dilemma is not epistemologic, but etiological. What is the solution? Let me know what you think.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Praise be to Jesus?
Walker

Post by Walker »

- A Muslim walked into a bar.

- Born to the special dispensations of wealth, he ordered a vodka martini from the bartender, a former beauty queen hired to class-up the place.

- When she served the alcohol, he said, "“I’ve heard Russian vodka is the best. Is that Truth, or Marketing?”
She took her time answering. Face pleasant but blank. Eyes like big mirrors that gave nothing away. He wondered if she knew the password. If she was the contact.

She said ...
Walker

Post by Walker »

Angelo Cannata wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:18 pm...
Hello, Angelo.

It's a bit heavy for the joke thread, even philosophy jokes.

There's a veritable cornucopia of appropriate sub-forum placements that would fit.

Looking forward to your exposition of themes.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:10 pm - A Muslim walked into a bar.

- Born to the special dispensations of wealth, he ordered a vodka martini from the bartender, a former beauty queen hired to class-up the place.

- When she served the alcohol, he said, "“I’ve heard Russian vodka is the best. Is that Truth, or Marketing?”
She took her time answering. Face pleasant but blank. Eyes like big mirrors that gave nothing away. He wondered if she knew the password. If she was the contact.

She said ...
Dude. You are screwing with what made the joke funny - the fact that a Muslim doesn't drink alcohol.

How about this, I am such a good salesman I could sell pork pies to a vegan Jew.
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:37 pm
Dude. You are screwing with what made the joke funny - the fact that a Muslim doesn't drink alcohol.
Yeah that's right, and as such, the concept is the first brick of the joke.

This is why the secret password involves alcohol. It's a subtle reminder for the joke plot of this mystery Muslim, which could be fleshed out with funny, should you want to mosey down that path with twists and turns leading to punchlines. Then again, sticking with another verse of the old invalidation song is always comfortable, once you learn a few tricks.

But I won't keep writing the funny all by my lonesome. Not much dialogue in that.

The additional bricks were just an informal comedy-collaboration-invitation bouncing off a simple punchline that is likely effective with the right timing, but inflation of the joke is obviously not your cup of fortified tea, for whatever reason, although the door's always open to continue that joke continuity.

I added the joke-brick that wealthy Muslims have some kind of dispensation from their religion concerning alcohol and women, while lounging around the Tiki Bar of a fancy resort wearing a tuxedo rather than traditional robes.
Angelo Cannata

Post by Angelo Cannata »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:13 pm
Hello, Angelo.

There's a veritable cornucopia of appropriate sub-forum placements that would fit.

Of course it's heavy. Actually it is impossible to understand because I made it by putting together some randomly chosen philosophical words, connected by some sentences to give them the appearance of something having some meaning, even an important meaning :lol: and so deceive the reader, but actually what I wrote was meant to be 100% meaningless: it was a joke!
Now try to read it again. :D :shock: :lol:
Last edited by Angelo Cannata on Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Angelo Cannata wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:46 am
Hello, Angelo.

Of course it's heavy. Actually it is impossible to understand because I made it by putting together some randomly chosen philosophical words, connected by some sentences to give them the appearance of something having some meaning, and so deceive the reader, but actually what I wrote was meant to be 100% meaningless: it was a joke!
lol. However, around these parts had you posted it as an opening thread statement it would have been debated seriously and would have been far more funny when you revealed the above.
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:50 am
Hello, Angelo.

Of course it's heavy. Actually it is impossible to understand because I made it by putting together some randomly chosen philosophical words, connected by some sentences to give them the appearance of something having some meaning, and so deceive the reader, but actually what I wrote was meant to be 100% meaningless: it was a joke!
lol. However, around these parts had you posted it as an opening thread statement it would have been debated seriously and would have been far more funny when you revealed the above.
You're catching on, almost.

Of course it was obvious, as presented.
Any daydreams of revelation is just that old wanker self-stroking tendency.

The intent of The Joke Philosophy is to extend the obvious into a running joke, as with the other one you fumbled.
Without The Running Joke, known as The Walking Joke when taken more slowly, all you have is the known.

However, what was revealed, is that the joke ends when the continuity ends.

The continuity ends when the joke is turned into somethings else, which is the invariable NLP of PN, which is the self-reinforcing, consensus Default Philosophy of PN.

Are the mists of projection, parting?

I suggest inflating the Muslim joke, your fears of doing that are becoming a curiosity.

Well, let's put a stop to that rumour right now. No need to fear, with fun.

:|
Walker

Post by Walker »

Angelo Cannata wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:46 am Now try to read it again. :D :shock: :lol:
Sixland offers more relevant irony opportunities.

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:34 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:50 am
You're catching on, almost.

Of course it was obvious, as presented.
Any daydreams of revelation is just that old wanker self-stroking tendency.

The intent of The Joke Philosophy is to extend the obvious into a running joke, as with the other one you fumbled.
Without The Running Joke, known as The Walking Joke when taken more slowly, all you have is the known.

However, what was revealed, is that the joke ends when the continuity ends.

The continuity ends when the joke is turned into somethings else, which is the invariable NLP of PN, which is the self-reinforcing, consensus Default Philosophy of PN.

Are the mists of projection, parting?

I suggest inflating the Muslim joke, your fears of doing that are becoming a curiosity.

Well, let's put a stop to that rumour right now. No need to fear, with fun.

Walker, I have yet to see anything you post resemble the slightest degree of humour (an important component to a joke) when you are intending to be humourous. Alas, it is when you are being serious that I find your posts slightly funny since they consist of little more than folly and sometimes I find stupidity amusing.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Now's your chance to show us how it's done.

Make a funny.

- A Muslim walked into a bar.

- She took her time answering. Face pleasant but blank. Eyes like big mirrors that gave nothing away. He wondered if she knew the password. If she was the contact.

She said ...
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

.."supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus"
Walker

Post by Walker »

:)

She wasn't the one.
The martini was off, too. Not dry enough.

He sipped the spirits, thought twice about complaining, and looked around the big room for his contact.
Last edited by Walker on Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.