Got any good jokes?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Walker »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:18 pm
Astro Cat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:12 pm What the fuck is even happening here?
Would you like for me to explain to you?
All set. Answers ready.

Red light? Green light?

:lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal, did you get the joke about the shallows?
I was just wondering because you know, you didn't answer my question.

The punchline is, folks with such shallow responses are shallow, and minnows are small. Get the connection?

Does that help for you to understand, while you're trying to think of how to humiliate folks? :lol:

(any slower and I'd be asleep)

The question is, when it's all in good fun you fucktard, why are you looking to humiliate folks?
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Astro Cat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:12 pm What the fuck is even happening here?
Yes pls
Walker

Post by Walker »

Astro Cat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:56 pm
Yes pls
What timing. Be right back.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Am I just witnessing a manic episode?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Astro Cat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:58 pm Am I just witnessing a manic episode?
That's silly. But, you must move beyond questions to be funny.

Here's what I prepared in advance, knowing what your response would be.

- Excellent. For that (a relevant dialogue), you must provide a toehold to begin, and a suitable setting. If it is to be here, appropriateness and relevance would be found in the funny … even the funny of stilted language, a personal favourite accentuated by British spellings.
- Funny how admirers of irony so oft’ are blind to what they desire to really know, which is irony.
- I would suggest forming a premise for a toehold, since this is a philosophy forum, even though it’s become customary, some would say corrupted, by folks leaping from observation to conclusion like children chasing butterflies, unmindful of the process in between.
- Take your time. I’m off to new adventures and the tales they tell. (I know, a bit corny, but that’s for thread relevance.)
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:06 pm
Astro Cat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:58 pm Am I just witnessing a manic episode?

- Excellent. For that (a relevant dialogue), you must provide a toehold to begin, and a suitable setting. If it is to be here, appropriateness and relevance would be found in the funny … even the funny of stilted language, a personal favourite accentuated by British spellings.
- Funny how admirers of irony so oft’ are blind to what they desire to really know, which is irony.
- I would suggest forming a premise for a toehold, since this is a philosophy forum, even though it’s become customary, some would say corrupted, by folks leaping from observation to conclusion like children chasing butterflies, unmindful of the process in between.
- Take your time. I’m off to new adventures and the tales they tell. (I know, a bit corny, but that’s for thread relevance.)
Ok. Well I was just over here tryna tell dumb math jokes and bad pickup lines when I noticed all the fuck you’s flying around lol.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Astro Cat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:08 pmWell I was just over here tryna tell dumb math jokes and bad pickup lines when I noticed all the fuck you’s flying around lol.
Gotta say that Wanker did say one thing that is coherent, and that is that you shouldn't have to explain jokes. But er, re that maths joke, why mosquito/vector?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:43 pm
The question is, when it's all in good fun you fucktard, why are you looking to humiliate folks?
You are actually humiliating yourself. How that makes me a fucktard, I don't know.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

uwot wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:17 pm
Astro Cat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:08 pmWell I was just over here tryna tell dumb math jokes and bad pickup lines when I noticed all the fuck you’s flying around lol.
Gotta say that Wanker did say one thing that is coherent, and that is that you shouldn't have to explain jokes. But er, re that maths joke, why mosquito/vector?
Mosquitos are vectors of disease. I dunno lol, not sure what else would constitute a vector pun
uwot

Post by uwot »

Astro Cat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:22 pmMosquitos are vectors of disease.
Ah.
Astro Cat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:22 pmI dunno lol, not sure what else would constitute a vector pun
Yeah. Needs work.
Here's one I made earlier: What do you call a 65 million year old pig? Jurassic Pork.

I'll get my coat.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Astro Cat wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:08 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:06 pm

Ok. Well I was just over here tryna tell dumb math jokes and bad pickup lines when I noticed all the fuck you’s flying around lol.
It the spirit of living philosophy ...

1. Say what you’re going to do.
2. Do it.
3. Say what you did.

1. I said that sometimes folks talk tough (curse) to express contempt for a situation (condition, environment). Being cursed at, is a situation. Personal, cursed insults in a situation.

2. I joined the cursing party and said, fuck that.

3. If you’re going to curse and accomplish what cursing is supposed to accomplish, be all your filthy mouth can be. Go through it, not around it. In an attempt to spruce up the same old slime, I gave a bit of attention and care, to court inspiration. Sadly, the curser folded like a cheap suitcase, a desert of cursing creativity.

Bonus answer: With nothing much original to say but with an intent to humiliate, Harbal is just hanging around the edges for a scrap to comment on.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:59 pm Harbal is just hanging around the edges for a scrap.

Well even a minnow has to eat.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:08 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:59 pm Harbal is just hanging around the edges for a scrap.

Well even a minnow has to eat.
Well, that’s enough sunshine and good cheer for today.

But remember, especially you Harbal …
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQnxlHZsjY
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Poor Walker. So desperate to be understood, but still can't help trying to be all 'clever and mysterious' :cry: