Re: Got any good jokes?

Post by Walker »

Nasty Quacks.
Brilliant toon.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19d45w
doolhoofd

Post by doolhoofd »

"If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive...
they would eventually start finding me attractive."
Walker

Post by Walker »

doolhoofd wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:00 am "If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive...
they would eventually start finding me attractive."
:!: :lol:

That reminds me of this one.
https://imgc.artprintimages.com/img/pri ... und=fbfbfb
doolhoofd

Post by doolhoofd »

A man comes home to his wife carrying a box of condoms with different flavours. He says to her, "Let's have some fun. We'll turn off the lights, I'll put some on, and you have to guess what flavour it is." His wife agrees; they head into the bedroom; they undress; they turn off the lights. Fifteen seconds later, the woman can be heard saying, "Roquefort?" To which the man replies: "But honey, I haven't even put one on yet!"
doolhoofd

Post by doolhoofd »

Actually, come to think about it, it would have made more sense if the man were a boy and the wife his girlfriend...
I'll have to retell it! :?

A boy comes home to his girlfriend carrying a box of condoms with different flavours. He says to her, "Let's have some fun. We'll turn off the lights, I'll put some on, and you have to guess what flavour it is." His girlfriend agrees; they head into the bedroom; they undress; they turn off the lights. Fifteen seconds later, the girl can be heard saying, "Roquefort?" To which the boy replies: "But honey, I haven't even put one on yet!"

There.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

More like American Italian stereotypes I'd have thought?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Funny :D
Unlike most nations the Brit's are very good at seeing the funny side of themselves and but doesn't detract from the fact that the Italian stereotype was a stereotype about Americans not Italians.
Still reminds me of a saying I heard, for the British a sense of humour is obligatory for the American it's optional.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:20 am Funny :D
Unlike most nations the Brit's are very good at seeing the funny side of themselves and but doesn't detract from the fact that the Italian stereotype was a stereotype about Americans not Italians.
Still reminds me of a saying I heard, for the British a sense of humour is obligatory for the American it's optional.
And the option was exercised with the posting of the clip about Italian-Americans, and cliched perceptions of Italy by American cartoon characters, Nitpicker.

Reminds me of this punchline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-PA-ls6RXU
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Then we agree. Whoever posted the clip title failed to understand that it was about Americans not Italians.

Don't get me wrong, I think Americans have produced some of the finest comedies and comedians, Fraizer, Soap, Malcom in the Middle, TBBT, cime to mind. It's just a shame that interweebers on this site don't appear to exercise their option often.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

They do have a binary view of their obligatory matters.

Gun control comes to mind.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

But apart from Monty Python in its heyday, the Goodies, and the Two Ronnies, the English just aren't funny. I mean please...Morcambe and Wise?? Lowbrow English humour is about a lowbrow as it comes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvCIrX-Zlc
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:52 pm
But apart from Monty Python in its heyday, the Goodies, and the Two Ronnies, the English just aren't funny. I mean please...Morcambe and Wise?? Lowbrow English humour is about a lowbrow as it comes.
You are ridiculous - everything Rowan Atkinson has partaken in - Black Adder especially. The only time Monty Python was worth watching was the Life of Brian and the Meaning of Life - their series was pathetic. Alas Smith and Jones. Coupling shit all over the PC American 'similar' Friends. I could go on but am in the midst of a conversation on discord.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:58 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:52 pm
You are ridiculous - everything Rowan Atkinson has partaken in - Black Adder especially. The only time Monty Python was worth watching was the Life of Brian and the Meaning of Life - their series was pathetic. Alas Smith and Jones. Coupling shit all over the PC American 'similar' Friends. I could go on but am in the midst of a conversation on discord.
That's because you are a pom and therefore like pommy humour. Rowan Atkinson is as funny as a piece of string. Mr. Bean is just annoying.
Aussies are pretty funny. Fast Forward. Kath and Kim.