Do we need more Philosophy Presence on Social Media i.e the popular instagram??

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Jeina Johnson

Do we need more Philosophy Presence on Social Media i.e the popular instagram??

Post by Jeina Johnson »

Hallo everyone :D A friend and i were discussing on how we feel about philosophy representation on instagram, which is basically at the moment the most trending app when it comes to social media. Sadly #Philosophy is nothing compared to #outfitoftheday :roll:
Harbal

Re: Do we need more Philosophy Presence on Social Media i.e the popular instagram??

Post by Harbal »

Jeina Johnson wrote:Hallo everyone :D A friend and i were discussing on how we feel about philosophy representation on instagram, which is basically at the moment the most trending app when it comes to social media. Sadly #Philosophy is nothing compared to #outfitoftheday :roll:
Isn't most social media for people who look down on intelligence?
bobevenson

Re: Do we need more Philosophy Presence on Social Media i.e the popular instagram??

Post by bobevenson »

You mean people like Trump?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote:You mean people like Trump?
No, I was referring to the average "social media" user, although I imagine Trump is counting on the dullness of his following.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

...not unless you have a yen for hyper-caffeinated thoughts of instant origin which are forgotten as soon as they're read. There are more than enough plebs practicing it now on philosophy forums where insult is more of the norm than actual debate.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dubious wrote:There are more than enough plebs practicing it now on philosophy forums where insult is more of the norm than actual debate.
I totally agree. I think that no more than four or five of the best ones should she allowed on the forum at any one time.
Jeina Johnson

Post by Jeina Johnson »

Like someone said before ..yes, i was referring to the normal social media.
Jeina Johnson

Post by Jeina Johnson »

Does anyone of you have an Instagram account? and if so, i recently created an account but i have no clue how someone can increase the number of followers :oops:
Any tips?
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Hi Jeina, Philosophy Now magazine itself has an Instagram account. We've only had it for a few months and we use it to post photos of front covers and so on. We have about 1,700 followers so far.

I don't know much about how to promote an Instagram account, except that my colleague Katy, who runs the account, says that if you follow other people, then your account gets shown their other followers sometimes as a suggestion of an account they might like to follow. Does that make sense?
Jeina Johnson

Post by Jeina Johnson »

Thank you for the response RickLewis. I just found the "Philosophy-Now-Magazine" Instagram-account and immediately followed! :D It has 1700 followers, which i guess is quite good for a followers number. As for my account, i will be trying out some tips that i got from a blog post i stumbled upon the other day. I was reading through this which in my opinion summarises how to increase your instagram following really well. Thought i would share.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

So-called social media is for twerps, not that I wouldn't use it for Ouzo or the AEP!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote:So-called social media is for twerps, not that I wouldn't use it for Ouzo or the AEP!
You already have your love doll to keep you occupied. :lol:

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
bobevenson wrote:So-called social media is for twerps, not that I wouldn't use it for Ouzo or the AEP!
You already have your love doll to keep you occupied.
Now we're in your area of expertise.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Actually you couldn't use it for Ouzo nor AEP as they don't exist.

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Actually you couldn't use it for Ouzo nor AEP as they don't exist.
Both are waiting for divine guidance. As it says in "The Ouzo Prophecy," "The Ouzo Game Company will sell no game before its time. After all, it's been two thousand years in the making."