Favourite movie scenes

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Walker »

Stay on topic. Your mind wanders.

Sure, the Hollywood people can have a political opinion.
Their opinion is Progressive/Hate.
At every award ceremony, politics is the topic, not movies.*
That's why relatively few watch those shows.

And, they can make movies that suck.
Who cares what they say.

They should focus a bit more on movies than politics.*

Just listen to the ignorance coming out of this first mouth when it’s not saying something written for it, like a parrot.
(Then again, maybe he didn't write the words. He likely didn't organize the video.)

Celebrities who are anti-Trump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlqHzbBOZCY

If you edit the garbage opinions out, they say nothing.

* But you know, they don't even talk politics.
Politics is just the ostensible topic.
The real topic is to attack, slime, and defame. And Insult.
Politics and award shows are just the opportunity to do that.
Kind of like a philosophy forum.

No wonder the movies are garbage.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:47 pm
fact is american movies SUCK today - and sadly it think it is a reflection of the health (which is not good) of my American society today. "We" simply do not value "thinking about the human condition" - unlike folks in other nations - where more movies with "heart" are made at a ratio of at least 4 times what i see made here in the last 20 yrs.
Rationally, it makes more sense to say it’s the corporate mentality of film makers that sucks, not to mention that they all (most) supported Hillary Clinton’s politics. Hollywood folks are often heard ignorantly spouting off about politics.

If you don’t have the right politics, you don’t make films unless you keep your mouth shut, or unless you’re a giant like Eastwood.
I agree to 1/2 thereof.

Clinton -with pressure of Gingrich/Dole Congre$$ passed the Telicom (Hellicom) Act of 1996.................Clear Channel (now I-heart radio - sooner those asshates go under the better!!!!!!!!!!!!), also other media (Disney owns ABC now, NBC by GE, CBS..........who knows - some conclomerate of some sort no doubt).

So yes you point is apt, but not all (but yes Sheople are sheep so why your point is apt Consolidated media does form the minds of the weak minded to a degree - bleet bleet.

that still leaves the other 1/2.........which IMO is the general decay of American Society WRT to moral compass.

for whatever reasons - decay of American Hegimony (middle class has been shrinking since 1973), failing public shcools (critical thinking is not valued nor taught).

its a sad future all around. and Media Consolidation has AT LEAST 1/2 of the blame for the death and dying of American Democracy (I should have voted for Bush Sr in 88 - never liked Clinton and voted for Ron Paul - but at that time did not like Bush Sr).

last 25 yrs i've known that Sr was a good president and should have voted for him in 88.............he knew Foriegn Policy and how to fight and win a war on the cheap - Gulf War

unlike is idiot son who only offered a fool's expensive unwinnable war doing his VP's (Cheney) bidding.

that fool is only second to Trump for the worst president ever.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:47 pm
If you don’t have the right politics, you don’t make films unless you keep your mouth shut, or unless you’re a giant like Eastwood.
i respect Eastwood as a persona and directer.

he has made a couple to good films.

but he is generally overated IMO. some of his films are not that good IMO - better than ave., but not Fab.

just my opinion on the matter.

million dollar baby and changing are is only truly worthy offerings.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:23 pm
The reason American films have become shallow shit is money obsession, and because your society has become so dumbed-down that shallow shit is what makes the most money. When people stop paying to see shallow shit then film makers will stop making it. You have to be well educated (which means learning how to think critically) to know crap when you see it.
You should have stopped after your first sentence; it's the only one that made sense.
yep, but due to decay of American culture the pleabs will keep paying to see shit.

sadly.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 pm Stay on topic. Your mind wanders.

Sure, the Hollywood people can have a political opinion.
Their opinion is Progressive/Hate.
At every award ceremony, politics is the topic, not movies.*
That's why relatively few watch those shows.

yes most holly wood actors are "liberal" - I'm a liberal too. but not mindless - as i think you imply for the hollyfolk.

i agree most of them are of the mindless ink sadly.

there were a few not so - and were conservative in fact.

Ron Silver, Charlton Heston - but now dead. I liked both of them - both fine actors.

so there were/are a few - prob 1/10th are today conservative folks.

though really, do you care of their politics?

as long as they are good actors?

I don't.

All i ask is to be able to view a decent movie - about the universal condition in this tough world - be the actors in that flick be conservative or liberal it is irrelivant to me.

is to to you?

-if so why?

..................yes all to many actors get on their high horse "after hours" to pontificate on your Liberalism.

so what?

"after hours" and so i ignore them fully outside of thier work within the movies they are in.

i note if they can act or not, or if the movie they are in is good or not.

nothing more.

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 pm
And, they can make movies that suck.
Who cares what they say.
exactly!

just ignore them if they say stuff you dissgree with.
Walker wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 pm They should focus a bit more on movies than politics.*

I'm sure they do - they are actors first and formost.

case in point, from what I've heard from Tim Robbins i know he is damn near a Communist.

do I care?

nope, he is entitle to his views if not mine, he is a damn good actor and like what he is in.

he's got good taste too - damn near every movie he has been in is above average.

and he is an excellent actor (that is all that matter to me - other than the quality of the movie he is in (which is the primary factor for me)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:28 am
from what I've heard from Tim Robbins i know he is damn near a Communist.

do I care?

nope, he is entitle to his views if not mine, he is a damn good actor and like what he is in.

he's got good taste too - damn near every movie he has been in is above average.

and he is an excellent actor (that is all that matter to me - other than the quality of the movie he is in (which is the primary factor for me)
I like him very much too. There are a few that stand out as being capable of a certain subtlety that makes actors great.
If you want good films on the human condition then you should watch anything but American films. It's amazing how quickly you get used to subtitles and almost forget they are there. 'Dubbed' films are awful though. I prefer subtitles and to hear the real voices.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:20 am

do I care?

I like him very much too. There are a few that stand out as being capable of a certain subtlety that makes actors great.
If you want good films on the human condition then you should watch anything but American films. It's amazing how quickly you get used to subtitles and almost forget they are there. 'Dubbed' films are awful though. I prefer subtitles and to hear the real voices.
yes i know - per my earlier posts with all the foriegn movies in them.
Majid Majidi is great!

I have 50 - 100 such via Crition Bluray.

also a fan of 60-70's brit TV shows (my former "Z-channel" on Youtube - removed last year - up for 6 months) - had 6 TV shows (160 pisodes or so)

Callan, human Jungle, Gidoen's Way, the Senator, the Defenders, Danger UXB (these were encoded by me from DVD to mp4 and uploaded to my channel).

also via that channel i linked to

elizabeth R, six wives of henry the 8'th, Devil's crown, in the shadow of the tower, fall of eagles, colditz, secret army.

i have these on DVD - but did not upload since others had them on their YT channels and just linked them from mine.

all of them are gone now too.

YT has gotten anal WRT to copyreich over old shows no-body has seen nor know about within the last couple of years.

ft YT - its all gone to shit today - just celebriy "putie pie" type sht now.

that leaves Dailymotion.........which is buggy and locked up last time i tried to create my channel over their in France (at least they never signed the DMCA - good for them).

one of these days i try to make my channel over there again....................
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

sad to learn Anthony Valintine died a couple of yrs ago.

great actor (Colditz, Callan, Raffles).

utterly unknown by Americans - i only know of him via the old YT - from years ago when all the great old TV shows and movies were on that site for me to discover and then buy the DVDs of.

those days are gone, YT due to their policy removes my ability to discover great works never offered here in america for me to learn of. ;-/.

glad i was "on the ball" at least to find these shows before YT turned to shit.
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:38 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:20 am

do I care?

yes i know - per my earlier posts with all the foriegn movies in them.
Majid Majidi is great!

I have 50 - 100 such via Crition Bluray.

also a fan of 60-70's brit TV shows (my former "Z-channel" on Youtube - removed last year - up for 6 months) - had 6 TV shows (160 pisodes or so)

Callan, human Jungle, Gidoen's Way, the Senator, the Defenders, Danger UXB (these were encoded by me from DVD to mp4 and uploaded to my channel).

also via that channel i linked to

elizabeth R, six wives of henry the 8'th, Devil's crown, in the shadow of the tower, fall of eagles, colditz, secret army.

i have these on DVD - but did not upload since others had them on their YT channels and just linked them from mine.

all of them are gone now too.

YT has gotten anal WRT to copyreich over old shows no-body has seen nor know about within the last couple of years.

ft YT - its all gone to shit today - just celebriy "putie pie" type sht now.

that leaves Dailymotion.........which is buggy and locked up last time i tried to create my channel over their in France (at least they never signed the DMCA - good for them).

one of these days i try to make my channel over there again....................
Brilliant series all of those. That was a good channel. I watched all the later Star Trek series on it. I had withdrawals when Z ended :(
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

WRT Peter Watkins' (another guy i never knew about until finding him on YT years ago)

The War Game and Culloden are on Bluray now - excellent work and picture quality is quite good.

Threads (another one not known by Americans) has also been re-mastered for bluray (I need to get off the pot and buy this one - i have DVD)
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_Channel

not a happy ending. founder killed his family then himself.

i rem watching the channel as a kid during its hayday. offered all 3? 5? hours of heaven gate. first time i viewed Gallipoli.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:52 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_Channel

not a happy ending. founder killed his family then himself.

i rem watching the channel as a kid during its hayday. offered all 3? 5? hours of heaven gate. first time i viewed Gallipoli.
Must be a different channel Z i'm thinking of.
Walker

Post by Walker »

QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »