Favourite movie scenes

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Walker »

Interesting body language. The man is respectfully talking about his own life, while disrespectfully pointing his ass at the receiver of this self-satisfied transmission because in the ass’s mind, he is speaking to an inferior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM6uU9CWjAI
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:18 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:39 pm OK. So this isn't a movie, but a guy playing my favourite game Dirt Rally 2.0 - I use VR, this guy is using a big screen..

Check out the skills of this guy
Audi S1 WRX
https://youtu.be/K6xE1IQx650
I've never seen such a thing. It looks real. Amazing, noise and everything. Does the virtual engine send disorienting shock waves through the body?
The only thing that is missing, cannot be simulated is the g-forces!

The steering\peddles below is the Thrustmaster RS300 - (force feedback - enough force to almost break your wrists!! Amazing feeling fighting the terrain, especially if you go off track and up embankments)
- so my setup is really just above entry-level - as you see the steering wheel is just clamped to my desk, the wheel has paddles either side for gear changes - but you can get a stick shift, and handbrake. (some get the chair and really expensive wheel etc as per above video - I ain't that into it.) Of course there are plenty of other racing sims - track racing - but I prefer dirt rally, rarely play the other stuff.

It's a steep learning curve and there are loads of cars you can select, all with very accurate differences in handling. I've got really good in the Rally Ford Focus 2007 - have been winning (against people from across the globe) on many stages - won the Finland WRC a couple of weeks ago - in the snow.
So I'm using a PC with 1080 GPU card connected to the Rift-S VR - and of course some headphones cranked to max!
I've got so into it, now I've installed the WRC app so I can watch the real thing on TV - Greece is starting tomorrow.

(I know the floor is due for vacuum!!) - the v large TV is my 3rd monitor I sometimes use - $100 bucks from cashconverters!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Do you think that the learning is comparable to real life?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:13 am Do you think that the learning is comparable to real life?
Well, my real car is a little Audi TT quattro turbo, and most definitely knowing how to handle that up in the Adelaide Hills helps! (a friend of mine tells people he thought he was going to die - I had Kuhmo sports tires on, I wouldn't push the car as hard with the current tires)

If you look up a u-tuber Jimmy Broadbent - he's got a massive following for his e-sport sim driving, there is one where he gets on an official track, in a real car and does very bloody well. A lot of pro's in the real racing, have the rigs at home too - they tweak the peddles different to that of the pressure felt in the real cars - since there are no g-forces to contend with when braking.
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:24 am
Walker wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:13 am Do you think that the learning is comparable to real life?
Well, my real car is a little Audi TT quattro turbo, and most definitely knowing how to handle that up in the Adelaide Hills helps! (a friend of mine tells people he thought he was going to die - I had Kuhmo sports tires on, I wouldn't push the car as hard with the current tires)

If you look up a u-tuber Jimmy Broadbent - he's got a massive following for his e-sport sim driving, there is one where he gets on an official track, in a real car and does very bloody well. A lot of pro's in the real racing, have the rigs at home too - they tweak the peddles different to that of the pressure felt in the real cars - since there are no g-forces to contend with when braking.
That is interesting. Also, your emphasis on the tires. A couple of years ago I was checking out the recommended sustained speed limitations for various passenger tires, which I think about sometimes when heavy, loaded-up, big-family cars pass me on the highway at speeds of 80+ mph, with ambient air temperatures at 95 degrees F and a lot higher where the rubber meets the road. Such trust in technology while jockeying for position in heavy high-speed herds! Sheesh. It would benefit folks to adjust the simulator to experiencing uncontrollable blowouts with big, wallowing passenger vehicles complete with G-forces, to get a taste.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

scene from A Fish Called Wanda

https://youtu.be/eSK3BpSfULo

"i might ask you the same question!"
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:27 am scene from A Fish Called Wanda

https://youtu.be/eSK3BpSfULo

"i might ask you the same question!"
Fantastic film. If I think U R asking me a particular question..

ANSWER: Everything is relative...ergo, no.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

At the theater now watching this movie. Brilliant so far. A parody of the classic 'who dunnit' suspense. Seasoned detective reluctantly paired up with an over enthusiastic, over talkative constable in training who will probably end up saving the day and solving the case. Lol.

https://youtu.be/VMtf6XBaS0E
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

^^^ why this dialogue is so brilliant is because if you discover what's important later on, you wouldn't know what was important in advance (so you couldn't write it down), neither would you need to have written it down to confirm what was important about what you eventually discover.

bloody brilliant, commissioner. well done.

So the culprit ended up being nobody you'd suspect, so true to the formula.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Walker

Post by Walker »

promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Here's a scene I just made with the youcut app free edition. Just record your video, open and edit in the app, and presto... you're a producer.

This particular scene was shot for a Tool/Dr. Dre video I'm producing.

https://streamable.com/vdijmc
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

https://bestgore.fun/w/vSLU7hjANF1cX7dTx7ADUw

Oh thank God I didn't have to see that. That's a goddamn rescue dog is what that is.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

shit the video's gone. not ironic because it wasn't violent or graphic, and you're not advised to post 'normal' videos at that godless site.

anyway now i gotta explain. so this big, strong black woman has her phone set up on the gym floor behind her about ten feet away. she's recording herself doing squats. so she's got the barbell and just as she goes down for the first squat, a middle sized dog steps right in front of the phone facing her, and stands there watching... his ass like two feet in front of the phone. all you see is his ass end as she does a set of squats. she's completely out of sight. just a close up of this dog's back side. so funny.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lawrence has no worries, no problems.
Listen and learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-A0eZDJsKU