LET'S GO TO OKLAHOMA !!

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

XENA3001

LET'S GO TO OKLAHOMA !!

Post by XENA3001 »

Let's say that you are a stupid person - a nice white so called Christian - you live in Oklahoma, and that you voted for Trump. Maybe your issue is energy - namely oil.

Recently, OKLAHOMA was subjected to one of its biggest earthquakes to date, the damage done will be well into the MILLIONS. This series of earthquakes is said to be caused by FRACKING.

Of COURSE the oil companies that do all the fracking will PRIVATIZE the profits, while they SOCIALIZE the costs. The earthquake that damaged your grocery store is just another cost that you will never find in an oil company ledger. Indeed YOU will pay for earthquake damages, not the oil companies.

At the end of the day, you don't seem to care, because you like people who want to "drill baby drill." AND because you are stupid.
Hobbes' Choice

Re: LET'S GO TO OKLAHOMA !!

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Even if the quake was not caused by fracking, most civilised countries often accept a responsibility to help their fellow countrymen; not the US it seems.
Katrina was a prime example of the utter disregard that the US has for its own people. Thousands were left with no water or food. The US response was to shoot so-called looters trying to feed themselves and to denigrate and demonise black people in the media.
The fact that the flooding was due to the failure of government to maintain sea defences, and that the money from off shore oil ought to have provided the region with the best flood defences on earth, was put to one side in the scrabble to blame blacks for their own poverty.
God bless America??
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

How would you like to be shaken awake by a 7.8 earthquake? You are right. The oil companies would rather sacrifice a whole country (or a whole planet) than lose a cent of profit.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

XENA3001 wrote:Let's say that you are a stupid person - a nice white so called Christian - you live in Oklahoma, and that you voted for Trump. Maybe your issue is energy - namely oil.
Whereas you make a good point re oil companies and fracking why emphasize "a nice white so called Christian". What about all the blacks and orientals who also make a living drilling? Also it's hardly a surprise to most people that oil companies along with other multinationals such as mega food companies have the morals of a serial killer when it comes to profits and keeping shareholders happy. Why that should pertain only to white so-called Christians I have no idea. The Saudis are already considering the eventual use of fracking to continue their main income source when the "easy flow" starts flowing less. Of course, they never invent or discover anything themselves to they'll just hire some stupid white American or European technocrats who already have the expertise.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Has anyone noticed that this is not an USA forum? I'm in Spain, some people here and in England, or... I don't know, I'm not posting shit about my country, all political bullshit (all political anything) here, seems to be about USA. (What they call america). Why do you think that people care about the piece of land with drawed lines were you live? Why don't you talk about North Korea? Just asking.I want people to talk about international shit.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

TSBU wrote:Has anyone noticed that this is not an USA forum? I'm in Spain, some people here and in England, or... I don't know, I'm not posting shit about my country, all political bullshit (all political anything) here, seems to be about USA. (What they call america). Why do you think that people care about the piece of land with drawed lines were you live? Why don't you talk about North Korea? Just asking.I want people to talk about international shit.
Poor things don't realise that the US isn't the whole world. They don't seem to take any interest in anyone else at all, except to bomb them.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

I like when the wind comes sweeping down the plain.
Terrapin Station

I'm guessing that you're the grocery store owner, by the way? (Or maybe you're related to the grocery store owner or something?)
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

None of you believe in the free-market capitalism that has improved the standard of living for everybody on this planet. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

If fracking turns out to not be the culprit, will Xena post about it?

Probably not.

#

Katrina: I live in Louisiana, lived through the storm. The population was warned well in advance and a significant portion made no effort to do diddly-squat for themselves. And: the biggest governmental failure was on the state level -- a largely Democrat-run affair at the time -- not the federal.

#

Last: seems to me, the folks who talk about America most in this forum aren't Americans.
Terrapin Station

Re:

henry quirk wrote:If fracking turns out to not be the culprit, will Xena post about it?

Probably not.

#

Katrina: I live in Louisiana, lived through the storm. The population was warned well in advance and a significant portion made no effort to do diddly-squat for themselves. And: the biggest governmental failure was on the state level -- a largely Democrat-run affair at the time -- not the federal.

#

Last: seems to me, the folks who talk about America most in this forum aren't Americans.
Apparently the USGS did a study in Oklahoma where they said that all of the evidence points to fracking--and specifically, the disposal of wastewater that's a byproduct of fracking--as the cause of the 600x increase in Earthquakes in that state. Of course, that conclusion could be incorrect, but it would probably be awhile and take a lot of other evidence to falsify it.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dubious wrote:
XENA3001 wrote:Let's say that you are a stupid person - a nice white so called Christian - you live in Oklahoma, and that you voted for Trump. Maybe your issue is energy - namely oil.
Whereas you make a good point re oil companies and fracking why emphasize "a nice white so called Christian". .

Because that's who is destroying Oklahoma, obviously!!!1
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote:None of you believe in the free-market capitalism that has improved the standard of living for everybody on this planet. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Look at Standard Oil and all of the proposed mergers the US has blocked due to possible negative monopolies.

PhilX
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

However let me say this. The US was not formed for the benefit of the world and its philosophy (which it practices less of in current times) is isolationism so the US government is under no obligation (aside from any treaty or agreement) to feed and take care of the rest of the world. One of the reasons why it does is if the US stands to gain something in return.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:However let me say this. The US was not formed for the benefit of the world and its philosophy (which it practices less of in current times) is isolationism so the US government is under no obligation (aside from any treaty or agreement) to feed and take care of the rest of the world. One of the reasons why it does is if the US stands to gain something in return.

PhilX

It's a shame then that you don't keep your interfering, exploiting, warmongering nose out of everything!!
You'd soon be in trouble if you really kept yourself to yourself.

[Edited by iMod]