your penalty box

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: your penalty box

Post by Iwannaplato »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:51 pm I love being on peoples ignore list, it means my bite, hit the bone; my sting, made their ears ring.
I haven't read your posts, until this one, so this could be true. But this is the go to position of a lot of people who don't respond to points made, but seem to think they do, or think restating their position is a response, or who with consistancy misinterpret those they respond to, or who are not as articulate as they think or....and so on. IOW people who have patterns of unpleasant interaction and decide that if people get irritated or uninterested it must be their failing, because the only possible reason to get irritated with someone is if the struck a nerve. And, of course, there can be other, good reasons for having that reaction.
Look, I'm a stickler for kicking exclusivity in the teeth, and I herald inclusivity, I'm its hero. So if your exclusive in your thinking, watch out because I bite. I'm gonna bite your thinking, your arguments, as antiquated as they are.
And in this post it's hard to tell what those terms mean to you, but it comes off, at this abstract level, as pretty self-contradictory, given the level of us/them, aggressive metaphors and pejoratives.

Given that I don't know you, I have no idea how much of this applies, so my point is more general. This 'it must be my genius, my impossible to refute arguments, the other person's underlying fears that lead them to get angry at me, ignore me, judge me,' is often, if not usually a self-serving rationalization. And, of course, it's also not a binary issue. It could be partly that they are troubled by some arguments but also that they are reacting to poor arguments, or lack of direct response, or condescension or.......or......

And any mix of these two on a spectrum of percentages.

In addition, some of the worst trolls can appear generally rational. Over time one can pick up that really they are avoiding certain things, their points don't quite apply to what they are responding to and so on.

The blunt, insult-loving, makes little effort to respond to points at all, smug bastard type trolls are much easier to deal with. There is nothing to suck you in unless you really need to vent at 'the other side.'

The subtle trolls, inwardly convinced of the power of their arguments, bulldoze in their nuanced way over people who actually read and respond to what they write, until the problems with the subtle troll it's clearly better to just let them wander off in their unwarrented certainty of their cleverness.
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Sat May 28, 2022 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:53 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:08 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:53 pm Since you're ignorant of what I speak, your comment is not informed. As usual you say so much of nothing. But then I don't expect anything more from a repub. So you're right off target, as usual. Insurrectionists really don't matter, because they're UN-American, whom did you vote for? :lol:
To be an insulting little pig is simply a mettle-testing tactic that if relied on too oft’ as a crutch, limits language, expression, and eventually cripples mental activity that’s capable of detecting first the subtle and then the obvious.

Perhaps a self-proclaimed, fearless Rambo who has seen so much in life can enlighten the lesser beings of the forum and explain the mindset of any military veteran of any race, culture or creed who supports the idiot Biden.

To be appropriate and relevant to the purpose of the action, one should vote for the candidate whose actions and words reveal an intent appropriate for the welfare of the individual, the country, and the world … per the job description.

Of course the veracity of those words must be determined, and if the voter is an idiotic Biden supporter (but I repeat myself), then the basis of verifying is anyone's guess. Folks even supported him for the simple reason that he was/is incompetent, a happenstance which is difficult to comprehend in a rational world but quite common in Bizzaro World.
You're an idiot! Your boy caused the death of several people, including police, he was also on track to start world war III. Your selfishness has no room in this century, not only are you too self absorbed to know what all "this" is, you don't even know what's in your own psyche, or the meaning of the words you speak. You're a repub parrot, a coward that's so self-righteous you can't get your fat ass off your lazy-boy lounge and tighten your belt because it's necessary in these times. You just want, want, want, desire, desire, desire, like all the other brain dead repubs. The earth and her resources are finite my absent minded friend. Our population has reached a tipping point, just like the planet. And here's the truth of it: Largely the current humans on mother earth are the stupidest animals alive, they can't manage jack shit. More is not the answer, equilibrium is the answer, The Spheres Must Balance! Dumb-ass!

And I'm sure, the apparent has just flown over your air-head.

Edit: type-o
Goodness gracious.
Must have struck a nerve.

Aiming for nerves requires a lot of guessing, a lot of doubt, a lot of choosing.
It results in a lot of missing because the coordinates exist only in fantasy.

Aimlessly hitting a nerve only requires truth-saying.
Truth rustles the bushes and sometimes shakes something off a limb, that isn't too securely attached.

:lol:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

it was only a matter of time before he ended up in the box (again)...
F7A51E04-1E9D-4A0D-B2C2-3E800DF4B3B7.png
F7A51E04-1E9D-4A0D-B2C2-3E800DF4B3B7.png (60.53 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
bahman

Post by bahman »

I am not putting anyone in my penalty box! :mrgreen:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

bahman wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:12 pm I am not putting anyone in my penalty box! :mrgreen:
cuz yer a nice guy... 👍

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:03 pm it was only a matter of time before he ended up in the box (again)...F7A51E04-1E9D-4A0D-B2C2-3E800DF4B3B7.png
I will add my post here just so you can become aware of EXACTLY WHY I ended up on "Henry quirk's" ignore list (again).
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:34 pm
The United States is a fascist country
Of course not.

There is the united states, which is no country, and there's America, which is a nation.

The first is a construct, illegitimate, designed to govern; an iteration of The State.

The second is the natural, on-goin', result of free men livin' and workin' together peacably.
LOL
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:34 pm The first is nuthin' but slavers and their agents; the second is you and me and him and her.

You gotta get past all this left/right, repub/dem, conserv/prog, etc. crap.

It's free men vs slavers: always has been, always will be.

Quickest way to get co-opted is to buy-in to the jargon.
The biggest 'freedom' "men" have, in the misnomer "United states of America", is the 'freedom' to buy guns in order to shoot and kill each other DEAD.

Pity though the Truly INNOCENT children do NOT have the ability to protect themselves from these so-called"men", as SEEN, ONCE AGAIN, this week.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

goodbye, norma jean...
48E83657-EB6D-412C-A4F6-E922A10FE6B7.png
48E83657-EB6D-412C-A4F6-E922A10FE6B7.png (60.58 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

From the Henry in the 22nd row
Who sees you as something more than sexual
More than just our Marilyn Phyllo...
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:45 pm From the Henry in the 22nd row
Who sees you as something more than sexual
More than just our Marilyn Phyllo...
Kudos
Kenny92

Post by Kenny92 »

Even if I can't stand a person with all my soul, and somewhere deep in my heart, I wish him the worst... I still can't add them to the blacklist.

I always feel as if I can deprive myself of some crucial information in this way - the person won't get through to me. But here's the funny thing: I regret it all the time and wish they hadn't written to me after all.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Kenny92 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:16 am Even if I can't stand a person with all my soul, and somewhere deep in my heart, I wish him the worst... I still can't add them to the blacklist.

I always feel as if I can deprive myself of some crucial information in this way - the person won't get through to me. But here's the funny thing: I regret it all the time and wish they hadn't written to me after all.
You might miss something. But each time you read their posts, you could be reading someone else's post. So, you are missing that. If you spend 40 minutes here, you can choose to cut out some of the noise, make it easier to avoid certain posters, not catch a phrase and get drawn (by idiocy sometimes) and focus on other people's posts. Yes, we make choices and we might miss something. But keeping their posts visible and checking them out ENTAILS that you miss something else. And what you have done is eliminate something you think probably has less value for you.

If I read a novelist and it was crap, I'd be less likely to read their next novel. Yes, it might be a work of genius, but I will read something else. Perhaps I do read the next and it's crap. Now I decide not to try again (unless I get told by people I respect that finally this person can write) and I read something else. I don't miss that other novel.

Everybody selects, even the people who come and take some moral/intellectual high ground here in a thread like this: Oh, I would never remove a voice. Everyone's posts might have value. Or whatever their take on high ground. But the truth is they are, in their lives, always selecting, and giving preference to make this person a friend and not that one - so they have conversations with this person much more than others and will miss out on other conversations - this director's films and not that one's, these books and not those, this news source and not that one and so on and so on.

So, their moral/intellectual high ground is just bs. They do it, don't think of it in this context, and like standing over others.

We all select what we focus on. Yes, it is fallible. But we have to select, even if we never select, that's selecting and it means out limited time is spent without trying to find voices, writers, speakers who tend to give us what we value.

If one selects 'I'll take whatever comes' well, you sure are going to miss something.

Now, one does not have to use the foe function to avoid certain people here or elsewhere. But if it makes it easier, why not?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:09 am
Kenny92 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:16 am Even if I can't stand a person with all my soul, and somewhere deep in my heart, I wish him the worst... I still can't add them to the blacklist.

You might miss something. But each time you read their posts, you could be reading someone else's post. So, you are missing that. If you spend 40 minutes here, you can choose to cut out some of the noise, make it easier to avoid certain posters, not catch a phrase and get drawn (by idiocy sometimes) and focus on other people's posts. Yes, we make choices and we might miss something. But keeping their posts visible and checking them out ENTAILS that you miss something else. And what you have done is eliminate something you think probably has less value for you.

If I read a novelist and it was crap, I'd be less likely to read their next novel. Yes, it might be a work of genius, but I will read something else. Perhaps I do read the next and it's crap. Now I decide not to try again (unless I get told by people I respect that finally this person can write) and I read something else. I don't miss that other novel.

Everybody selects, even the people who come and take some moral/intellectual high ground here in a thread like this: Oh, I would never remove a voice. Everyone's posts might have value. Or whatever their take on high ground. But the truth is they are, in their lives, always selecting, and giving preference to make this person a friend and not that one - so they have conversations with this person much more than others and will miss out on other conversations - this director's films and not that one's, these books and not those, this news source and not that one and so on and so on.

So, their moral/intellectual high ground is just bs. They do it, don't think of it in this context, and like standing over others.

We all select what we focus on. Yes, it is fallible. But we have to select, even if we never select, that's selecting and it means out limited time is spent without trying to find voices, writers, speakers who tend to give us what we value.

If one selects 'I'll take whatever comes' well, you sure are going to miss something.

Now, one does not have to use the foe function to avoid certain people here or elsewhere. But if it makes it easier, why not?
Reading an interesting post and reading an irksome post are not mutually exclusive. Only if you try to read both at the same moment will you miss something in the posts.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

commonsense wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:54 pm Reading an interesting post and reading an irksome post are not mutually exclusive.
Of course not. And you can like both kinds of posts or only one or I suppose neither. So, If you like irksome posts - I don't think I assumed the qualities of posts being avoided - :| then you wouldn't want to put them on foe. If you think someone has irksome and interesting posts, and you are happy to read them, well obviously it would be silly to eliminate that person.
Only if you try to read both at the same moment will you miss something in the posts.
Well, if there are other posters you enjoy/encounter what you want more reading, then you would be missing their posts. If you have infinite time, then the issue is moot.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Look here...
2942A9B9-1628-45C6-ACC4-55C40D3112F6.png
2942A9B9-1628-45C6-ACC4-55C40D3112F6.png (58.9 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
...pretty sure I ain't missin' anything of value.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:36 pm

Look here...2942A9B9-1628-45C6-ACC4-55C40D3112F6.png...pretty sure I ain't missin' anything of value.
And if no one's left, then it is so clear it's time to move on. It's like emptying the garage or your desk of useless items or taking a laxative after a too long wait. What a relief.