Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Are posts from Age easier to read and appear more intelligent when he refrains from using UPPERCASE?

YES
80%
NO
20%

Total votes: 5

uwot

Re: Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:08 amSEE, I might ACTUALLY be leading 'you' VERY ASTRAY with THESE WORDS before 'you'.
Well, if in reality you are less than a complete nutcase, job done.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

It's childish and annoying.

He hopes to emphasis what he is saying, but it just makes he look like a jerk.

On ILP it is a reportable offence.

I would not mind so much if he did it for one or two words in a long post, but the number of times he used it is silly.
Swear words fail to have impact when over used. This is similar
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:36 am Absolutely not. If he/she did, as I scan a thread I might fail to recognize one of Age's posts, and unwittingly reply to it.
Save yourself the risk. I was so annoyed I put him on ignore.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

If Age must remain preoccupied with posting style and is unable to improve his content, I would offer a couple tips.

Obviously the caps lock has to stop. A confident forum sophist rarely uses caps lock like that, because he doesn't need to shout. Instead, Age needs to learn when and where to italicize words, use semicolons; and the occasional 'scare' quotes. These three devices, when used properly, can devastate a reader and leave them disarmed and frozen in their desk seat. It duddint really even matter what is said. One could say the most retarded shit, and if the form is right, it'll look like something straight out of the classics, something only a boss would write.