your penalty box

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: your penalty box

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:21 am I will stop when I get an answer that isn't meaningless bs jargon...
Then you musta got that answer, yeah?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:19 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:21 am I will stop when I get an answer that isn't meaningless bs jargon...
Weasel non-answers.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I have one person on my ignore list but it's more to keep me sane than to penalize anyone. Of course, I have gone off it a few times anyway. I just need to be more vigilant with the ignore list thingy.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:37 pm
Weasel non-answers.
How so? You wanted to know where I drew the line. I told you where several times. Specifically what is your issue with this?
henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:28 am
A man belongs to himself.

A man's life, liberty, and property are his.

A man's life, liberty, or property are only forfeit, in part or whole, when he knowingly, willingly, without just cause, deprives another, in part or whole, of life, liberty, or property.

It boils down to mind your own damned business and keep your friggin' hands to yourself.

I know you're no dummy, but -- for some reason -- you wanna be treated like one.

Okay, here we go...

Veg belongs to herself; her life, liberty, property are hers so:

Don't murder, hurt, rape, enslave, steal from, or intentionally damage the property of, Veg.

If you murder, hurt, rape, enslave, steal from, or intentionally damage the property of, Veg, you're on the hook for it. You violated Veg and you must pay.

And, of course, if Veg murders, hurts, rapes, enslaves, steals from, or intentionally damages the property of another person, then she's on the hook. She violated another and must pay.
See, I don't think you can gimme any specifics.

Prove me wrong or I'll stick you in the penalty box with age, mick, and dubious.

I ain't never lettin' em out and that'll go for you too unless you pony up specific criticisms.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:03 pm

Weasel non-answers.
How so? You wanted to know where I drew the line. I told you where several times. Specifically what is your issue with this?
henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:28 am
A man belongs to himself.

A man's life, liberty, or property are only forfeit, in part or whole, when he knowingly, willingly, without just cause, deprives another, in part or whole, of life, liberty, or property.

It boils down to mind your own damned business and keep your friggin' hands to yourself.

I know you're no dummy, but -- for some reason -- you wanna be treated like one.

Okay, here we go...

Don't murder, hurt, rape, enslave, steal from, or intentionally damage the property of, Veg.

If you murder, hurt, rape, enslave, steal from, or intentionally damage the property of, Veg, you're on the hook for it. You violated Veg and you must pay.

And, of course, if Veg murders, hurts, rapes, enslaves, steals from, or intentionally damages the property of another person, then she's on the hook. She violated another and must pay.

Prove me wrong or I'll stick you in the penalty box with age, mick, and dubious.

I ain't never lettin' em out and that'll go for you too unless you pony up specific criticisms.
Makes no difference to me. I'm probably in a lot of 'penalty boxes' but I wouldn't even notice or care.

What about the 'freedom' of others not to have you sneeze all over them, or have to listen to you shooting off your beloved guns all day long? Their freedom to go for a walk without having to step around gobs of spit or dog shit?
Most 'laws' are actually unenforceable. They depend on mutual co-operation and consideration in order to work and thus avoid general chaos and unpleasantness for everyone. If everyone decided to break all the road rules there's not a heck of a lot anyone could do about it--except perhaps impose martial law-- and how 'free' would anyone be then?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Makes no difference to me. I'm probably in a lot of 'penalty boxes' but I wouldn't even notice or care.

Well, that's good cuz you're goin' in. You asked where I drew the line, I gave you a concrete, consistent, answer. You call it weasly, but won't say why. Same damn thing every time we've tussled. Last time it was slavery. I gave a reason why it's wrong, and the thinkin' behind that reasoning. Weasely, you said, but without explanation. You yourself think slavery is wrong but just can't come up with why. Like Pete you say it just is. That's a weasly answer.

So, yeah, I'm never readin' you again.

-----

For everyone else:

This...

What about the 'freedom' of others not to have you sneeze all over them, or have to listen to you shooting off your beloved guns all day long? Their freedom to go for a walk without having to step around gobs of spit or dog shit?
Most 'laws' are actually unenforceable. They depend on mutual co-operation and consideration in order to work and thus avoid general chaos and unpleasantness for everyone. If everyone decided to break all the road rules there's not a heck of a lot anyone could do about it--except perhaps impose martial law-- and how 'free' would anyone be then?

Let's apply my definition to her examples.

Is someone sneezing on you depriving you of life, liberty, or property? In the world of BEER VIRUS some might say yeah or maybe. Okay, take your claim to court and prove it. Don't be weasely. Or, you can do what adults do, and ask the offender to cover his mouth. 999 times out of a 1000 he'll apologize and be mindful the next time. And if he doesn't: if he gets nasty, then you're probably movin' quickly from the land of you bein' offended by a sneeze to the land of defendn' yourself against a psycho.

Is the sound of my shotgun or Jerome's sterero or Alice's kids deprivin' you of life, liberty, or property? If you think so, take us all to court and prove how you've been anything more than annoyed. Or, mebbe, you can put a touch of steel in your spine and ask the offender to keep it down. Most of the time he'll apologize and cut the volume. Where he won't and becomes surly, you may have to defend yourself.

Is steppin' over or around spit or dogshit deprving' you of life, liberty, and property? Might be if we're talkin' about pounds or gallons of it. Unless you catch the offender in the act (Stan expellin' gallons of phlegm, Lou allowing his elephant-sized dog to drop a load) you probably have no recourse 'cept to sue your town or city (and that's only if that town or city is takin' your money in taxes to provide street/sidewalk/park cleaning). if your city sez it's gonna clean, and you pay it to clean, and cleanin' ain't gettin' done, you most certainly are bein' deprived of property (and mebbe life too if all that phlegm and crap is breedin' nasty killing-bacteria).

If Morris is toolin' down the Interstate at 140 mph instead of the posted 70 mph, is he depriving you of life, liberty, or propety? If he looses it, sideswipes you, wrecks your car and injures of kills you, then absolutely he is, but not more so than if he lost it goin' the posted speed. It's not his speedin' that's depriving you; it's his vehicle whackin' into your vehicle that deprives you. Road rules aren't about safety (cuz if they were, hundreds of pounds of plastic, metal, and rubber powered by a volatile chemical wouldn't be allowed to tool down the interstate at 70 mph). The road rules are about makin' car travel smoother so that, for example, folks don't have guess at what to do at a four-way stop. They're also about revenue: you, gettin' caught failing to signal, or speedin', or parking in the wrong place, that's not a moral infraction; that's about your governors makin' a buck from your noncompliance with the rules.

Lawlessness: a common criticism is without law and law enforcers it would be Somolia (never mind that I advocate for law [the three I advocate for are just up-thread] and advocate for the proxies of constabulary, local courts, border patrol, and militia). Let's look at the assumption that without overseers, we just fall apart and all become killer apes. Absolutely some folks do (as they do right now), but not everyone. Most folks would rather cooperate to solve, for example, a supply chain problem than go at each other with razors to get theirs. Unfortunately, it's the bad eggs who get the press, not the good eggs. This leaves a bad taste in the mouths of, and a whole whack of misperceptions in heads of, good eggs.

Stop payin' attention to folks who think poorly of you, who cast you in the role of killer ape, who want you to be killer apes (cuz that justifies their oversight of you). Talk to your neighbors; make your own connections with others (outside of what is encouraged by your gov). Be human beings.

'nuff said.
vegetariantaxidermy

Moronic yank. We have laws to protect us from kunts (of which there are plenty). And yes, we are killer apes (an insult to other, gentler apes) whether you want to 'believe' it or not. I don't remember the slavery conversation. Where is it? I doubt if I would have said 'it just is' wrong. I've often said that I don't see why slavery is always brought up as some kind of benchmark for the worst kind of evil. I can think of far worse things that humans can do. Someone might have slaves that they treat really well. You don't have to pay for anything...
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:13 am I do not put ANY one in the, so called, "penalty box". This is because EVERY one is worthy of being LISTENED TO and HEARD. But most in here will NEVER KNOW this.
Hey you actually did it Age, you united humanity! I knew you'd pull it off eventually.
Every single human being is now saying the same thing: they can't stand you. I think this means God has spoken.

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:18 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:30 pm We have, in this place, the possibility of puttin' folks on ignore.

I know I'm in the penalty box of some.

I have two (age & mick) in mine (and I'm contemplatin' addin' a third).

Now, no one is obligated to reveal who is in their penalty box, but I'm curious why you may have someone in the box.

Age, for example, is in the box cuz it's impossible to actually converse or debate with him, and when you try, you get hounded with, and your thread review overflowed with, idiosyncrasy. Him, in the box, is easier on my head and one good eye.

Mick is just a garden-variety commie shill. Nuthin' he posts is worth diddly. Not readin' him is a pleasure.

Your turn.
I don't really bother with official lists, Age has vertually begged to slide into my ignores, but that club is too exclusive to have him.

There's quite a few nutters that I typically scroll right past unless I see someone else quoting them. I only picked up on Hedgehog7's classic fear of triangles and witches because Arising was taking the piss out of it, and I always like there to be a solid thousand new posts on Age's account before I read him again.
The last part of this sentence here is a GREAT EXAMPLE of WHY human beings, up to the days when this was being written, were STILL LOOKING FOR thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.

See, when they think and say things like this, which are OBVIOUSLY absolutely False, Wrong, and Incorrect, and they are BELIEVING what they are thinking/saying, then they are FOOLING "themselves".

Thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' can be uncovered and found by just being TOTALLY Truly Honest, instead of this continual ASSUMING, LYING and BELIEVING misbehavior, which can be CLEARLY SEEN here.

As can be CLEARLY SEEN in that last sentence here in that quote section of "flashdangerpants" what WAS MEAN is NOT what WAS SAID, and WRITTEN.

If "flashdangerpants" wants to BELIEVE that that is true or right, and does NOT want to acknowledge, even to "itself", that it is False and Wrong, then the only one they are FOOLING is "itself". Unless, OF COURSE, ANY one else wants to BELIEVE that it is true or right.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:18 am But is anyone else finding they aren't as patient or willing as they used to be though? Is this what getting old feels like? In my younger days, way back in 2017, I thought nothing of wasting a whole week just trying to get Bob the Baptist to understand that 'intrinsic market value' is a self contradiction. But just in the last couple of days there was a wannabe Bond villain who hopes to flush volcanoes out with sea water, I should be all over over that crazy shit, but I am already too bored to bother.
Maybe this "boredom" comes with the BELIEF that one KNOWS 'so much'.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:18 am It's possible I have spent the last of my mojo, old before my time, I can feel my balls descending to my knees and maybe onwards to death's icy reacharound.
Well that is coming around FAR QUICKER than you REALIZE. VERY, VERY SOON you will NOT get bored AT ALL as you will NOT even be able to bother with the FAR "less knowledgeable than you" in this forum.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:03 pm

Weasel non-answers.
henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:28 amA man belongs to himself.

The one known as "henry quirk" here could NOT be MORE of a HYPOCRITE, as "henry quirk" ACTUALLY BELIEVES that "he" has the RIGHT to kill "another" human being DEAD just because they "touch" some thing, which "he" BELIEVES is "his property".

So, HOW, EXACTLY, could a "man's" life and liberty be "his", when "henry quirk" ALSO BELIEVES, wholeheartedly, that "he" has the RIGHT to take "another man's" life and liberty?
henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:03 pm A man's life, liberty, or property are only forfeit, in part or whole, when he knowingly, willingly, without just cause, deprives another, in part or whole, of life, liberty, or property.
So, would "henry quirk's" life and liberty be forfeited also when "henry quirk" takes "another man's" life or liberty, when "henry quirk" BELIEVED that he had the RIGHT, and did take the life or liberty, of "another", for let us say someone touched "henry quirks" toothpick? Or, would that NOT be included?

This REALLY is so PLAINLY OBVIOUS NONSENSICAL and ILLOGICAL to even consider.
henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:03 pm It boils down to mind your own damned business and keep your friggin' hands to yourself.

Okay, here we go...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 am Makes no difference to me. I'm probably in a lot of 'penalty boxes' but I wouldn't even notice or care.

Well, that's good cuz you're goin' in. You asked where I drew the line, I gave you a concrete, consistent, answer. You call it weasly, but won't say why. Same damn thing every time we've tussled. Last time it was slavery. I gave a reason why it's wrong, and the thinkin' behind that reasoning. Weasely, you said, but without explanation. You yourself think slavery is wrong but just can't come up with why. Like Pete you say it just is. That's a weasly answer.

So, yeah, I'm never readin' you again.

-----

For everyone else:

This...

Let's apply my definition to her examples.

Is someone sneezing on you depriving you of life, liberty, or property? In the world of BEER VIRUS some might say yeah or maybe. Okay, take your claim to court and prove it. Don't be weasely. Or, you can do what adults do, and ask the offender to cover his mouth. 999 times out of a 1000 he'll apologize and be mindful the next time. And if he doesn't: if he gets nasty, then you're probably movin' quickly from the land of you bein' offended by a sneeze to the land of defendn' yourself against a psycho.
So, if someone does just NOT apologize to "henry quirk", when "henry quirk" EXPECTS one to, then that one is, labelled, "a psycho" by "henry quirk", who then also starts ASSUMING and BELIEVING that they have the RIGHT to DEFEND "themself", "by bearing arms, maybe", from the now labelled "psycho".

There is NO wonder WHY the 'world' was, the way it was, in the days when this was written, with adult human beings like this allowed to roam the earth.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 am Is the sound of my shotgun or Jerome's sterero or Alice's kids deprivin' you of life, liberty, or property? If you think so, take us all to court and prove how you've been anything more than annoyed.
What would "henry quirk" be shooting, with their shotgun?
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 am Or, mebbe, you can put a touch of steel in your spine and ask the offender to keep it down. Most of the time he'll apologize and cut the volume. Where he won't and becomes surly, you may have to defend yourself.
So, HOW does one defend "them self", EXACTLY, from "henry quirk" when "henry quirk" does NOT apologize for shooting "his" shotgun, when "he" is the one standing here holding a shotgun, and, "he" has already been recognized as "the psycho" here?
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 am Is steppin' over or around spit or dogshit deprving' you of life, liberty, and property? Might be if we're talkin' about pounds or gallons of it. Unless you catch the offender in the act (Stan expellin' gallons of phlegm, Lou allowing his elephant-sized dog to drop a load) you probably have no recourse 'cept to sue your town or city (and that's only if that town or city is takin' your money in taxes to provide street/sidewalk/park cleaning). if your city sez it's gonna clean, and you pay it to clean, and cleanin' ain't gettin' done, you most certainly are bein' deprived of property (and mebbe life too if all that phlegm and crap is breedin' nasty killing-bacteria).
So, if we are "deprived of property", then would "henry quirk" also say we can take their life or liberty?

Also, can we throw "lou's" elephant-sized dog's "load" directly in "henry quirk's" face? This is obviously and certainly NOT depriving the life, liberty, NOR property of "henry quirk".
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 am If Morris is toolin' down the Interstate at 140 mph instead of the posted 70 mph, is he depriving you of life, liberty, or propety? If he looses it, sideswipes you, wrecks your car and injures of kills you, then absolutely he is, but not more so than if he lost it goin' the posted speed. It's not his speedin' that's depriving you; it's his vehicle whackin' into your vehicle that deprives you.
This can ONLY "deprive" the you if one BELIEVES that a motor vehicle is a part of the 'you'.

Otherwise it is just a wrecked motor vehicle, and, relatively, of NO real issue NOR concern AT ALL. But some people REALLY do SEE that absolutely EVERY thing revolves around the 'you', them.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 am Road rules aren't about safety (cuz if they were, hundreds of pounds of plastic, metal, and rubber powered by a volatile chemical wouldn't be allowed to tool down the interstate at 70 mph). The road rules are about makin' car travel smoother so that, for example, folks don't have guess at what to do at a four-way stop.
A Truly INTELLIGENT species would NOT make a four-way stop to begin with.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 am They're also about revenue: you, gettin' caught failing to signal, or speedin', or parking in the wrong place, that's not a moral infraction; that's about your governors makin' a buck from your noncompliance with the rules.
ONCE AGAIN, it comes back to money and greed with 'you', adult human beings.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 am Lawlessness: a common criticism is without law and law enforcers it would be Somolia (never mind that I advocate for law [the three I advocate for are just up-thread] and advocate for the proxies of constabulary, local courts, border patrol, and militia). Let's look at the assumption that without overseers, we just fall apart and all become killer apes.
WHY would 'you', adult human beings, even want to kill "each other", to begin with, let alone actually do turn into a species that does kill "each other"?
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 am Absolutely some folks do (as they do right now), but not everyone. Most folks would rather cooperate to solve, for example, a supply chain problem than go at each other with razors to get theirs. Unfortunately, it's the bad eggs who get the press, not the good eggs. This leaves a bad taste in the mouths of, and a whole whack of misperceptions in heads of, good eggs.
But there is NEVER, so called, "bad taste in the mouths, nor ANY missed perceptions, in those who Truly UNDERSTAND WHY ALL adult human beings do some good AND some bad things. There is NO, so called, "good egg" NOR "bad egg".
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 am Stop payin' attention to folks who think poorly of you, who cast you in the role of killer ape, who want you to be killer apes (cuz that justifies their oversight of you). Talk to your neighbors; make your own connections with others (outside of what is encouraged by your gov). Be human beings.

'nuff said.
What would "Be human beings" mean, REALLY, to the one known as "henry quirk" here?

Let us use "henry quirk's" own words and SEE what "Be human beings" REALLY means and refers to.

"Be human beings" means 'bearing arms' and having the RIGHT to KILL absolutely ANY one who just touches what you claim are your own things, which includes even a toothpick.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Age wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:11 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:30 pm We have, in this place, the possibility of puttin' folks on ignore.
.... and I always like there to be a solid thousand new posts on Age's account before I read him again.
The last part of this sentence here is a GREAT EXAMPLE of WHY human beings, up to the days when this was being written, were STILL LOOKING FOR thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.
You are so incapable of discussing any other subject that you even attempt to hijack a thread about putting people on ignore and make that about yourself. To you there is not even a shred irony in this.

Now fuck off, I'm not dealing with you again until either your post count is at least 8810, or I happen to actually notice you writing something interesting.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:20 pm
.... and I always like there to be a solid thousand new posts on Age's account before I read him again.
You are so incapable of discussing any other subject that you even attempt to hijack a thread about putting people on ignore and make that about yourself. To you there is not even a shred irony in this.

Now fuck off, I'm not dealing with you again until either your post count is at least 8810, or I happen to actually notice you writing something interesting.
That's only about anuva 1000 posts, give it 48 hrs. I fink I might get drunk and join in this shenanigans.. could be a fun night.

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:20 pm
You are so incapable of discussing any other subject that you even attempt to hijack a thread about putting people on ignore and make that about yourself.
I NEVER made this thread about "myself". As evidenced and proven above.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:20 pmTo you there is not even a shred irony in this.
I have ASKED to be put on the ignore list. Do you see the irony in this?
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:20 pmNow fuck off, I'm not dealing with you again until either your post count is at least 8810, or I happen to actually notice you writing something interesting.
While you continue to ASSUME things, which are OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, or Incorrect, then I will decide whether to POINT THIS OUT or not.

Also, you are under absolutely NO obligation AT ALL to respond.

And, if I do NOT have to deal with you until my 8810th post, then that is perfectly fine with me.
henry quirk

and here's #5...

Post by henry quirk »

"Dontaskme, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post."