Quote of the day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9697
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Quote of the day

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:55 pm Image

-Imp
:lol:
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 10876
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

for Mick

Post by henry quirk »

0D768894-8729-47CB-AE63-B59579BF56CC.jpeg
0D768894-8729-47CB-AE63-B59579BF56CC.jpeg (57.29 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
Dontaskme
Posts: 9977
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Dontaskme »

Image
Walker
Posts: 8694
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Walker »

“it seems rather odd to say that something is a government forum when a private company* has unrestricted authority to do away with it.”

Clarence Thomas


*Twitter

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/t ... n-n1437416
Dontaskme
Posts: 9977
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Dontaskme »

Image
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 10876
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Quote of the day

Post by henry quirk »

Too many people fail to understand that Law, Justice, and Civilization do not come from the state. And if the state refuses to support those concepts then they will be handled despite their wishes, without most of the niceties one might desire. J_Von_Random
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 10876
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Quote of the day

Post by henry quirk »

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers

I, unfortunately, belong to the third group.
Age
Posts: 6944
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:19 am There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers

I, unfortunately, belong to the third group.
If one, supposedly, "learns" by reading, only, then they, unfortunately, become like the religious, "christians", "musliims", et cetera, and start to BELIEVE what they read.

If one, supposedly, "learns" by observation, only, then they come to BELIEVE what they see, like the sun really does revolve around the earth. But,

If the, supposed, rest "learn" by experiment, and/or tried and tested means, which actually has and does prove some 'thing' as fact, then so be it.

The 'rest' appeared to have 'learned' how to arrive at the best way to make the most accurate conclusion/s.
Walker
Posts: 8694
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:19 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:19 am There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers

I, unfortunately, belong to the third group.
If one, supposedly, "learns" by reading, only, then they, unfortunately, become like the religious, "christians", "musliims", et cetera, and start to BELIEVE what they read.

If one, supposedly, "learns" by observation, only, then they come to BELIEVE what they see, like the sun really does revolve around the earth. But,

If the, supposed, rest "learn" by experiment, and/or tried and tested means, which actually has and does prove some 'thing' as fact, then so be it.

The 'rest' appeared to have 'learned' how to arrive at the best way to make the most accurate conclusion/s.
Some of the rest use thought experiment to predict the future based on known data, which is why many folks have concluded that self-defense masks are unnecessary.
Impenitent
Posts: 3362
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Impenitent »

Image

-Imp
Age
Posts: 6944
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:35 pm
Age wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:19 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:19 am There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. - Will Rogers

I, unfortunately, belong to the third group.
If one, supposedly, "learns" by reading, only, then they, unfortunately, become like the religious, "christians", "musliims", et cetera, and start to BELIEVE what they read.

If one, supposedly, "learns" by observation, only, then they come to BELIEVE what they see, like the sun really does revolve around the earth. But,

If the, supposed, rest "learn" by experiment, and/or tried and tested means, which actually has and does prove some 'thing' as fact, then so be it.

The 'rest' appeared to have 'learned' how to arrive at the best way to make the most accurate conclusion/s.
Some of the rest use thought experiment to predict the future based on known data, which is why many folks have concluded that self-defense masks are unnecessary.
If you say and believe so.

Also, any one could conclude just about any thing, from a 'thought experiment'.
Walker
Posts: 8694
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Walker »

Saying so and believing so does not make it so.

Sure you could reach the wrong conclusion with a thought experiment. People reach wrong conclusions all the time.
Age
Posts: 6944
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:46 pm Saying so and believing so does not make it so.
But saying and believing 'so' actually does make 'it' 'so', to those who say and believe 'so'.

You, among many "others", have ALREADY PROVEN this factually True.
Walker wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:46 pm Sure you could reach the wrong conclusion with a thought experiment. People reach wrong conclusions all the time.
And as I have POINTED OUT many times throughout this forum 'you', people, are continually 'jumping to' wrong conclusions BEFORE 'you' CLARIFY.
Walker
Posts: 8694
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Walker »

“All of that was done in the mother’s womb.”
- Bhagavan Nityananda
Walker
Posts: 8694
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Quote of the day

Post by Walker »

“Never follow good wine with good water, unless you’re out of good wine.”
(Read from a bottle in the Carmel Valley.)
Post Reply