Favourite movie scenes

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3962
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by attofishpi » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Killer Joe - she sort of pretty much deserved this..gotta watch it to understand.

Great film, one of my favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrpaEa_ ... verified=1

Walker
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Walker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:05 am

Legend

“Why not turn everything into garbage. A great towering mountain of slop. Wouldn’t that be magic?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK8gF1DhG-Y

Walker
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Walker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:32 pm

Return of The Pink Panther: Seeing Eye Monkey (Minky - Meenky)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnlIWpZSPXU

gaffo
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by gaffo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:50 am


Walker
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Walker » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Howdy.

Rod Steiger received the Academy Award for this role, before the movies relied on special effects and animation, loud sound and sometimes an unending soundtrack, to carry a story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqd0PE53TEY

Why do you suppose he got so angry?

I know what I think. What do you think?

Walker
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Walker » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:11 pm


gaffo
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by gaffo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:15 am

Walker wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:41 pm
Howdy.

Rod Steiger received the Academy Award for this role, before the movies relied on special effects and animation, loud sound and sometimes an unending soundtrack, to carry a story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqd0PE53TEY

Why do you suppose he got so angry?

I know what I think. What do you think?
"no lonelier than you" - i did not see that as a slight. instead just as on obeservation, as one man to another. I think Steiger overeacted and besmirched Virgil.

my opinion.

somehow Steiger viewed this as judgement/upitty by a n*****.(I see this sight removes letters from a racist term - though champion free speech, with the history related, i understand and ok with..........maybe Negro is not censored? here?).

your view differs?

let me knew so as to understand better.

.............


BTW "In the heat of the night" is an excellent movie, and Steiger was one of the best of all time (him as Marty in the TV version - later Borgine did the movie version - was top work. (both versions the TV and the movie "Marty" were both excellent (i have both - i buy worthy movies/tv shows about the human condition - common humanity).

gaffo
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by gaffo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:33 am

its akin to "patterns" - the movie (with Van Heflin) and the TV show (Richard Kilie(sp))

both good works.

the same for "Marty".

yes i bought both the tv and movie versions - valuing a good script, regardless of actors involved. neither Heflin nor Keilie(sp) are good actors overall - viewing their works over the decades - but both did quite well and i have no compaints in thier role in this particular.

Walker
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Walker » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:25 am

gaffo wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:15 am
Walker wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:41 pm
Howdy.

Rod Steiger received the Academy Award for this role, before the movies relied on special effects and animation, loud sound and sometimes an unending soundtrack, to carry a story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqd0PE53TEY

Why do you suppose he got so angry?

I know what I think. What do you think?
"no lonelier than you" - i did not see that as a slight. instead just as on obeservation, as one man to another. I think Steiger overeacted and besmirched Virgil.

my opinion.

somehow Steiger viewed this as judgement/upitty by a n*****.(I see this sight removes letters from a racist term - though champion free speech, with the history related, i understand and ok with..........maybe Negro is not censored? here?).

your view differs?

let me knew so as to understand better.

.............


BTW "In the heat of the night" is an excellent movie, and Steiger was one of the best of all time (him as Marty in the TV version - later Borgine did the movie version - was top work. (both versions the TV and the movie "Marty" were both excellent (i have both - i buy worthy movies/tv shows about the human condition - common humanity).
But, you ignored pity, and Steiger emphasized pity.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3962
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by attofishpi » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:27 am

Bad Santa - the boxing ring nutcracker scene. I was in tears last night when I watched the film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LxDWSYgiUc

Walker
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Walker » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:02 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:27 am
Bad Santa - the boxing ring nutcracker scene. I was in tears last night when I watched the film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LxDWSYgiUc
He said he would take the kid actor aside and apologize for the language in the script.

A great cameo from U Turn by the brilliant Billy Bob, starring Sean Penn, Jennifer Lopez, Nick Nolte, Powers Boothe, with other cameos by John Voight, Claire Danes, Joaquin Phoenix, Julie Hagerty, Liv Tyler. Those names are reason enough to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps3W_WXy9wU

Walker
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Walker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:22 am

My God we’re all gonna die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoa74e-DJtY

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3962
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by attofishpi » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:08 pm

Walker wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:02 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:27 am
Bad Santa - the boxing ring nutcracker scene. I was in tears last night when I watched the film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LxDWSYgiUc
He said he would take the kid actor aside and apologize for the language in the script.

A great cameo from U Turn by the brilliant Billy Bob, starring Sean Penn, Jennifer Lopez, Nick Nolte, Powers Boothe, with other cameos by John Voight, Claire Danes, Joaquin Phoenix, Julie Hagerty, Liv Tyler. Those names are reason enough to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps3W_WXy9wU
Haha - gold - gonna have to download that!

Walker
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Walker » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:25 pm

Lola is just running along, spacing out, needing to find a hundred thousand marks in about ten minutes or someone will die, with no clue where to look. She loses presence of awareness and runs into traffic, in front of a truck, frozen like a deer in headlights. The truck stops, close. She stops. The world stops. This shatters her continuity. With no other choice, her urgency propels her into a new world.

The new world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJUjRkkM9mQ

In about three minutes her presence as creator totally changed the climate of that room. Just imagine.

*

An interesting philosophical analysis of Run Lola Run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXO_aA4cYB8

Impenitent
Posts: 2726
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by Impenitent » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:07 am


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests