General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Kayla

Post by Kayla »

i first joined PN forum in 2011 - i was 15.

recently I went back home for a few days, and ended up meeting a couple of freshmen from my old high school.

"so You are THAT Kayla" they said. "we heard the stories about your meltdowns"

apparently my fits of temperament are now a matter of legend, passed down to incoming frosh from generation to generation

it seems that losing a reputation is harder than getting one

i got much better at showing emotions in a more acceptable way since
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Re: Reputation

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

I think it depends on where it happened. If these meltdowns got plastered all over facebook, I could definitely see why people still remember it.

I would usually say embrace it, you know be the first to bring it up in a conversation - unless you feel like the people talking about it are doing it in a really mean and malicious way. Then I'd say just let it blow over and don't ever say anything about it.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

i am not worried, i am not aware of any of them on social media - but there are stories which grow in retelling

to all my high school peers i will always be the meltdown girl. i ran into a former classmate that i barely remembered he was like, "I know you. You are the epic meltdown girl. What was your name again?

We had a nice chat, we both got over the stupid stuff we did at 15
Skip

Post by Skip »

It sounds to me as if nothing remarkable happens in that school - or maybe in that town - from year to year.
At least you gave them something to talk about!
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Skip wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:38 am It sounds to me as if nothing remarkable happens in that school - or maybe in that town - from year to year.
At least you gave them something to talk about!
lol yea that sounds about right
bennyhill

Post by bennyhill »

I used to know someone that was crazy and always losing his temper in his early twenties. He was such a "cool" and charismatic guy that everyone wanted to hang out with him anyway.

Now that he is in his 30s he has chilled out completely, no one cares about who he was in his 20s and new people meeting him can't believe he would ever lose his temper.

I'm sure no-one really cares about the things you did when you were 15 now, apart from it being some kind of "gossip" :)