Thanks

Latest news of Philosophy Now

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mhoraine

Thanks

Post by mhoraine »

Hi again !!

Would just like to thank everybody at PN , and all who contribute to this forum, for being a continual source of inspiration, joy and humour.
Yes, even the naughty doggy !!

Have a wonderful time over the festive season.

Love and best wishes

M.
Morpheus

Re: Thanks

Post by Morpheus »

Hello Mhoraine,

As I'm still new here, I don't think we've met within a thread. Any way, here's wishing you a happy festive season too. However, I'm tempted to put the dog in solitary confinement and starve it over the holidays...cough. Er, forgive me. It's the season of goodwill and all that and I should observe it.

Love and peace,
Morpheus
mhoraine

Thanks

Post by mhoraine »

Hi Morpheus

Morpheus. Did you say that was the name of the God of Poppies or something....? Not that you are 'A Morphing One' ?

Yes, you are quite correct. I haven't been netted in the threads of PN lately. However, I do haul in a juicy catch every so often.

The PN magazine has wOw'ed me today.
The review and link to Vonnegut's ' 2 B R 0 2 B' was much appreciated :

'•Utopian/dystopian aficionados, and anyone else, can find ‘2 B R 0 2 B’ on the Gutenberg Project’s website at gutenberg.org/etext/21279.'

Well-timed, given the current rash of documentaries on assisted suicide.
Perhaps this calls for a thread, if no-one has started one already...

See ya' around.

M.
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

Yes, Morpheus the original. Not the character in the Matrix film. Morpheus is the ancient Greek god of dreams and opium poppies. And of course poppies give us morphine, a wonderful pain killer and trigger of dreams and eventually death. He morphs in the dream world. I must read your assisted suicide thread next...