Write the first thought that comes to your head!

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion

Re: Write the first thought that comes to your head!

Post by reasonvemotion »

Ohhhhhhh............. to have the luxury of ONE thought only.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

i had a teacher in elementary school who would insist in asking the inattentive students what they are thinking about

so she would ask 'kayla what is blah blah blah yakketi yak?' and i would be like huh what was the question

and she'd ask what i was thinking about instead of paying attention

one time i told her that i was thinking that if she werent so fat and ugly she'd get laid once in a while and would not be such a bitch

that totally cracked the class up

i got hauled off to the principals office and my parents got called and so forth

much to my surprise my parents sided with me saying that i am allowed to think - but not state - whatever i want

but if someone directly and voluntarily asks what i am thinking and it turns out to be offensive i should not be held responsible for that its not like i volunteered my thoughts
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

My first thought was "About what" I was looking for the reference of what the thought was to be about?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Kayla wrote:i had a teacher in elementary school who would insist in asking the inattentive students what they are thinking about

so she would ask 'kayla what is blah blah blah yakketi yak?' and i would be like huh what was the question

and she'd ask what i was thinking about instead of paying attention

one time i told her that i was thinking that if she werent so fat and ugly she'd get laid once in a while and would not be such a bitch

that totally cracked the class up

i got hauled off to the principals office and my parents got called and so forth

much to my surprise my parents sided with me saying that i am allowed to think - but not state - whatever i want

but if someone directly and voluntarily asks what i am thinking and it turns out to be offensive i should not be held responsible for that its not like i volunteered my thoughts

I was a bit older and my 2nd wife and I joined the church choir. The choir director had the bright idea that we would sing together better if we knew each other better, so she would ask a question and we were supposed to answer. I really was getting the shits of the whole process as she went through the typical questions, and then she asked "What is your favorite color?" and started through the group. Everyone else was giving the typical answer, red, green, blue, etc. and then it was my turnand I said "Flesh." everyone busted up laughing the choir director went several shades whiter and we soon gave up on that idea and went back to singing.
lucem ferre

Post by lucem ferre »

Alot... I got 98435 Terrabyte of RAM
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

lucem ferre wrote:Alot... I got 98435 Terrabyte of RAM
but only one Central Processing Unit :) So one of them has to be the first!
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

I find it extremely difficult to simply have a "first thought" enter my head. When I "try" or even try NOT to try, or even just wait, my thoughts somehow feel tainted and unoriginal, like they are already being censored by my subconscious.

In fact the only way for me to have a first thought is if I am completely and totally distracted by something else, a process, task, or train of thought. For me, original, or even just, unfettered thoughts can only emerge in a process of bubbling up out of seemingly nowhere. It might be something which has been set in motion a while ago, in which some connection in my brain is made which brings two ideas together into one more cohesive and meaningful thought. Or it might be some want which has been lying dormant for a while, which becomes activated by some other thing. In either case, those purest of thoughts are passive ones, not actively pondered on, and they are usually the most enlightening.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

I can agree with that.

Very nicely expressed.
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

This is a strange question. I mean, do thoughts originate outside the head then? Are we perhaps being kept by a foreign agency that feeds us what we think of as our thoughts? The idea cannot be entirely without currency; for if we truly lived our lives by the intelligence humans are capable of would we have become homicidal egoists? Overbred ourselves? Have all our ridiculous rituals and routines? Live by idiotic prescribed religions?

That was the first thought in my head in relation to this topic anyway.
lucem ferre

Post by lucem ferre »

The Voice of Time wrote: but only one Central Processing Unit :) So one of them has to be the first!
lol... I don't know, its like my system is unique. Thoughts come in like dropping different things from the sky (all things being equal)
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

The Voice of Time wrote:As title says: write the first thought that comes to your head!

Mine:

I need to grab another coke can from my fridge

Answering thought 1 to Major: it's 13:53 here in Norway, which is well past midday, but that may have been your second thought ^^
You have a long face.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

The Voice of Time wrote:As title says: write the first thought that comes to your head!
there is a hole in the bottom of the boat

-Imp