Moderators: AMod, iMod

dattaswami

Can we understand God fully?

Post by dattaswami »

iambiguous

Re: Can we understand God fully?

Post by iambiguous »

Come on, cut the bullshit.

You're not asking if we can understand God fully. You're posting your own insufferable religious dogma -- drivel to some -- pummeling the forum over and over and over with your own canned spiritual nostrums.

What, in my view, you need to ask yourself is why those on all the other One True Paths -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r ... traditions -- aren't here doing the same.

In a philosophy forum.

And the only thing that really interest me here is the existential parameters of this deluge. What truly does motivate you to come here like this? What particular experiences did you have that first prompted it?

Well, that and this...

Reconciling your God with what I have pointed out to you before:

...an endless procession of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions and tornadoes and hurricanes and great floods and great droughts and great fires and deadly viral and bacterial plagues and miscarriages and hundreds and hundreds of medical and mental afflictions and extinction events...making life on Earth a living hell for countless millions of men, women and children down through the ages...

"Each day, 25,000 people, including more than 10,000 children, die from hunger and related causes. Some 854 million people worldwide are estimated to be undernourished, and high food prices may drive another 100 million into poverty and hunger." United Nations

To the best of my knowledge, you haven't gotten back to me on this. This is always my own main interest in God and religion. Less whether God exists [that's always one possible explanation for the existence of existence itself] but, instead, if He does, how does one explain the actual world that we live in?

Other than Kushner's narrative or the fact that God is basically a sadistic monster.
Last edited by iambiguous on Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

iambiguous wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:06 am
...an endless procession of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions and tornadoes and hurricanes and great floods and great droughts and great fires and deadly viral and bacterial plagues and miscarriages and hundreds and hundreds of medical and mental afflictions and extinction events...making life on Earth a living hell for countless millions of men, women and children down through the ages...
Then you yourself tell me the reason and answer and solution for the above natural calamities and problems...
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

dattaswami wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:24 am

You're not asking if we can understand God fully. You're posting your own insufferable religious dogma -- drivel to some -- pummeling the forum over and over and over with your own canned spiritual nostrums.

What, in my view, you need to ask yourself is why those on all the other One True Paths -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r ... traditions -- aren't here doing the same.

In a philosophy forum.

And the only thing that really interest me here is the existential parameters of this deluge. What truly does motivate you to come here like this? What particular experiences did you have that first prompted it?

Well, that and this...

"Each day, 25,000 people, including more than 10,000 children, die from hunger and related causes. Some 854 million people worldwide are estimated to be undernourished, and high food prices may drive another 100 million into poverty and hunger." United Nations

To the best of my knowledge, you haven't gotten back to me on this. This is always my own main interest in God and religion. Less whether God exists [that's always one possible explanation for the existence of existence itself] but, instead, if He does, how does one explain the actual world that we live in?

Other than Kushner's narrative or the fact that God is basically a sadistic monster.
Then you yourself tell me the reason and answer and solution for the above natural calamities and problems...
Please. I'm not the one here connecting the dots between righteous behavior on this side of the grave and immortality and salvation on the other side.

I'm not the one peddling the One True Path and then offering nothing more than a passel of "because a Swami says so" homilies to back it up.

Instead, it's you yourself that is of particular interest to me. How on earth do those like you come to be the way they are? Coming into a philosophy forum and bombarding us with post after post after video after video that amounts to little more than preaching the gospel.

Look, I can help you if you'll let me. But you've got to come clean regarding how you allowed yourself to actually become this way in the first place. Were you indoctrinated as a child? Did you have a profound experience that brought God into your life? Why this God and not one of the zillions of others?

Let's start there.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

In a philosophy forum.

Well, that and this...

Wouldnt the "understanding" of God defeat the purpose of even being human atall-trying to comprehend such a power that holds the very existence of the universe essence through his very breathe seems such a stretch from the diagnoses of being "Human".
If the Abrahamic god is who we speak of then lets take into account is moses was granted the oppertunity to glace a god and moses stated he only looked at his behind or back, "Gods Ass", and moses only veiwed it shortley and it was stated to be very bright. When Moses came down from the mountain the people saw his face it was bright as hell for he appereantly just witnessed a small portion of gods holy essence. And like nobody would go near him he was so bright, literally reflecting the essence of God.
Anyway the point of this i would say would be to gran the idea of...maybe God isnt wanting us to understand him he knows even if he layed it out in front of us we physically wouldnt be able to understand what were looking at or possibly even be able to acknowledge what is even being represented atall for that matter.
What if we could entertain the idea that God just simply...is. And was, and always will be. And there is absolutely nothing we could do about to. :|
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:45 pm

In a philosophy forum.

Well, that and this...

Wouldnt the "understanding" of God defeat the purpose of even being human atall-trying to comprehend such a power that holds the very existence of the universe essence through his very breathe seems such a stretch from the diagnoses of being "Human".
If the Abrahamic god is who we speak of then lets take into account is moses was granted the oppertunity to glace a god and moses stated he only looked at his behind or back, "Gods Ass", and moses only veiwed it shortley and it was stated to be very bright. When Moses came down from the mountain the people saw his face it was bright as hell for he appereantly just witnessed a small portion of gods holy essence. And like nobody would go near him he was so bright, literally reflecting the essence of God.
Anyway the point of this i would say would be to gran the idea of...maybe God isnt wanting us to understand him he knows even if he layed it out in front of us we physically wouldnt be able to understand what were looking at or possibly even be able to acknowledge what is even being represented atall for that matter.
What if we could entertain the idea that God just simply...is. And was, and always will be. And there is absolutely nothing we could do about to. :|
:lol:

No, seriously: Another one!!!
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

iambiguous wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:23 am
dattaswami wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:24 am

In a philosophy forum.

Well, that and this...

Please. I'm not the one here connecting the dots between righteous behavior on this side of the grave and immortality and salvation on the other side.

I'm not the one peddling the One True Path and then offering nothing more than a passel of "because a Swami says so" homilies to back it up.

Instead, it's you yourself that is of particular interest to me. How on earth do those like you come to be the way they are? Coming into a philosophy forum and bombarding us with post after post after video after video that amounts to little more than preaching the gospel.

Look, I can help you if you'll let me. But you've got to come clean regarding how you allowed yourself to actually become this way in the first place. Were you indoctrinated as a child? Did you have a profound experience that brought God into your life? Why this God and not one of the zillions of others?

Let's start there.
WDYM??????
im confused lol
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

What u just saw there Tops wuz an encounter between an incarnation of a Hindu god (we know him as swami) and a moral nihilist/existentialist (we know him as Iambiguous).
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

There is not one word of truth in that entire video or the entire comments section besides my own.