Is it an incomplete question, to ask, if it's a tangible error that people associate metaphors with other people?

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

trokanmariel

Is it an incomplete question, to ask, if it's a tangible error that people associate metaphors with other people?

Post by trokanmariel »

Iwannaplato

Re: Is it an incomplete question, to ask, if it's a tangible error that people associate metaphors with other people?

Post by Iwannaplato »

I think it would be easier to engage in a response if there was an example or two and some fleshing out. A practical response, on my part.

I don't think it is a tangible error, necessarily. But one can mislead oneself and others with metaphors.

As a side but I think important issue: it is very hard to avoid using metaphors, living/new ones or dead ones.
trokanmariel

Re: Is it an incomplete question, to ask, if it's a tangible error that people associate metaphors with other people?

Post by trokanmariel »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:05 am I think it would be easier to engage in a response if there was an example or two and some fleshing out. A practical response, on my part.

I don't think it is a tangible error, necessarily. But one can mislead oneself and others with metaphors.

As a side but I think important issue: it is very hard to avoid using metaphors, living/new ones or dead ones.

Thanks for the response.
Indeed, metaphors are potentially the system of citation science's survival.

Citation science:
The process, of figuring which citations are correct and which aren't correct.