Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: personal truth

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:59 pm
There are even more wrong answers to "What is 2+2."
Not really.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:59 pmYou could say, for example, "It could be evolution." Questions remain about it, of course; but it's at least a plausible alternate story.
What is it, that you do not understand about the word ''story'' ?

Any thing that can be 'thought about' is a story. You are ''reality'' you are not in 'reality'
Reality doesn't need a story to exist or be.

You do not have to 'think yourself' into being, you are being, and being just is, reality just is, reality does not have a story. A story is a mental projection reality superimposes upon itself, but is never what reality actually is, because reality is pure natural art, but the nature of that art is artificial...it's an interpretation of the art, it's just an empty representation of reality, like a painting on a blank canvas that can be erased and then be re-painted according to the interpretation that is being artificially emitted. The reality, aka the blank canvas can never be erased, because that's the real reality. You confuse fact with fiction, and you confuse the unreal with real.

Reality is devoid of identified characters, which are artificially created by concepts manifest as sound, heard as words, believed to be real. But only reality is real, and you do not see this because you are so invested in the fictional character within story as being real when it's only a temporal illusory appearance within the real.. You stubbornly refuse to believe the fictional character is just a story which is empty to the core. You are seduced by the mirage, so much that it becomes your reality when it's really nothing more than a mirage within reality. This is too unbelievable for you because you cannot see it as true, and so you will continue to live for your believed delusion.

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:59 pmBut again, the presence of two different answers to "What is 2+2," say, "4" and "5," does not suggest any problem exists with the answer "4," far less that there is no real answer.
That's a strawman argument. It's a false dichotomy. The answer doesn't specifically have to be 4 ... the answer to 2+2 could just as easily be 'two twos' and that would be right. In other words 'answers' are meaningless and irrelevant. There are no answers to what is reality.

There are no right answers to find, for the 'questioner' only exists as an idea within the emptiness of space. Ideas are not found in the material world known as brain either. Ideas appear to manifest to the sense of 'me' which is just an appearance within the illusory sense of separation, which cannot be found to exist anywhere in reality whatsoever, except as a belief, with is just another empty conceptual idea.

No one is writing the story, and no one is believing there is a someone writing the story, and no one is believing the unwritten story...see what is being pointed to here?

There is no one believing they are intelligent, and there is no one believing that pain and suffering is bad. And there is no one believing that they can do something to elleviate pain and suffering forever...except in the illusory dream of separation, an appearance within reality. Appearing real, the dream is real, it's an unreal story believed to be real by no one, doesn't mean it's not happening, it's happening to no one.

The truth is, there isn't any truth, that's the real truth.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:55 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:59 pm There are even more wrong answers to "What is 2+2."
Not really.
:lol: Now, that's funny.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:59 pmBut again, the presence of two different answers to "What is 2+2," say, "4" and "5," does not suggest any problem exists with the answer "4," far less that there is no real answer.
It's a false dichotomy. The answer doesn't specifically have to be 4...
:D Wow! I had no idea a person could go so far in denying the undeniable.

DAM, you're unequalled. A classic. I'm soooo amused. But I'm not optimistic we can make any progress if you are just fine with this level of truth-denial.
Just when I thought you couldn't say anything goofier! :D Wow again.

My dear DAM, if it's "the real truth, 'then there's a "truth." And it's that there's no truth...which means there is a truth, which is that there's no truth, meaning that there is a truth, the truth that there's no truth, which then is the truth....and on into eternity.

Confusion? That's not even a strong enough word for where you are.

All I can tell you is you've got to let go of that worldview of yours. It's not helping you, and it's just spinning your head.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:43 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:55 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:59 pm There are even more wrong answers to "What is 2+2."
Not really.
:lol: Now, that's funny.
It's a false dichotomy. The answer doesn't specifically have to be 4...
:D Wow! I had no idea a person could go so far in denying the undeniable.

DAM, you're unequalled. A classic. I'm soooo amused. But I'm not optimistic we can make any progress if you are just fine with this level of truth-denial.
Just when I thought you couldn't say anything goofier! :D Wow again.

My dear DAM, if it's "the real truth, 'then there's a "truth." And it's that there's no truth...which means there is a truth, which is that there's no truth, meaning that there is a truth, the truth that there's no truth, which then is the truth....and on into eternity.

Confusion? That's not even a strong enough word for where you are.

All I can tell you is you've got to let go of that worldview of yours. It's not helping you, and it's just spinning your head.
You’re reply made me laugh, my response was made up just to see how you would react. I made it all up mannie. 😀

I’m not going to lie, I don’t know anything about truth. And that’s the truth.😂
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:36 pm I made it all up mannie. 😀
Oh. So I'm wasting my time?

Just asking.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:50 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:36 pm I made it all up mannie. 😀
Oh. So I'm wasting my time?

Just asking.
Mannie my man..you have free will to do what ever you please with your time. 😀

I wouldn’t mind if everyone ignored me and never responded to my posts.

I’m only here to entertain myself, I’m selfish like that.

This forum helps pass the time while I wait to die.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:22 pm I wouldn’t mind if everyone ignored me and never responded to my posts.
Very odd, as hobbies go.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:32 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:22 pm I wouldn’t mind if everyone ignored me and never responded to my posts.
Very odd, as hobbies go.
Not for dam. 😀

I’ve got other hobbies as well...but I love being here because I get to experience some good belly laughs, especially reading back through my old posts. 😂 I’ve never known anyone to crack me up than reading my own garbage. 😂
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:58 pm its seems to be fashionable now to redefine personal knowledge as personal truth. turning what i know or have experienced isn't what you know or have experience in to "truth is relative". and converting that into if it isn't known, then its not true.
DPMartin.
Knowledge is a personal experience, and personal knowledge/experience is personal truth. As an organism you are the only sensing object in the physical world, and what your body tells you, is true to the state of your biology being in the world. Among healthy examples of a given species is related a common apparent reality, common experiences. Over eons of time, that common knowledge/experience becomes instinct. The instincts of a species reflects its biology. This is relative truth, and with this relative truth organism is able to move through a dangerous world. We can take useful knowledge/experience from trusted sources, books and many other sources because by and large we share a common apparent reality, a common experience of things in general. A different biology experiences a different apparent reality, this is true from species to species and from individual to individual, but to the common healthy biology of a given species, the experience/knowledge is the same.

Post by Age »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:38 am
DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:58 pm its seems to be fashionable now to redefine personal knowledge as personal truth. turning what i know or have experienced isn't what you know or have experience in to "truth is relative". and converting that into if it isn't known, then its not true.
DPMartin.
Knowledge is a personal experience, and personal knowledge/experience is personal truth.
Will you provide ANY examples of your OWN 'personal truth/s'?

If no, then WHY NOT?
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:38 am As an organism you are the only sensing object in the physical world, and what your body tells you, is true to the state of your biology being in the world. Among healthy examples of a given species is related a common apparent reality, common experiences. Over eons of time, that common knowledge/experience becomes instinct. The instincts of a species reflects its biology. This is relative truth, and with this relative truth organism is able to move through a dangerous world.
WHY is the 'world', itself, to you, "dangerous"?

Is this an example of a 'personal truth'?
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:38 am We can take useful knowledge/experience from trusted sources, books and many other sources because by and large we share a common apparent reality, a common experience of things in general. A different biology experiences a different apparent reality, this is true from species to species and from individual to individual, but to the common healthy biology of a given species, the experience/knowledge is the same.
AGAIN, will you provide ANY examples?

And, also again, if no, then WHY NOT?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

The easiest thing in the world is to be full-time negative or full-time positive neither requires thought. If you wish me to explain a given statement then ask, one point at a time. You obviously didn't find any worth whatsoever in my post, so, what is it full-time negative?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Personal truth is nothing more or less than a perspective (including memory, knowledge, and experience) on The Truth. There is only one Truth.

Post by Age »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:38 am The easiest thing in the world is to be full-time negative or full-time positive neither requires thought.
Do you KNOW ANY one who is so-called "full-time" negative OR "full-time" positive?

If yes, then who, EXACTLY?

Also, what WILL be found that being either ALWAYS or "full-time" is NOT that easy AT ALL, REALLY.
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:38 am If you wish me to explain a given statement then ask, one point at a time.
If you wish to talk to me, then make that CLEAR.

And, IF you are directing 'this' to me, then I have ONLY EVER asked, one point at a time.
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:38 am You obviously didn't find any worth whatsoever in my post, so, what is it full-time negative?
What kind of question IS: "What is it full-time negative"?

YOU mentioned and talked about "full-time negative and positive" so it is YOU who SHOULD KNOW what is 'it' "full-time negative".

By the way, is EVERY one MEANT to find 'worth' in your post, ALWAYS?

AND, if you can NOT back up and support nor CLARIFY your posts, FULLY, BEFORE you even write them down, then I suggest you WAIT until you CAN.

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:31 am Personal truth is nothing more or less than a perspective (including memory, knowledge, and experience) on The Truth. There is only one Truth.
VERY, VERY True.

And what you say here BELONGS WITH the One and ONLY Truth.

SOME 'perspectives', or 'personal truths', MAY align with the ONLY One, ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE, Truth. But, as can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED IRREFUTABLY True, 'personal truths' just in this forum, let alone throughout human history, VERY RARELY align with thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.

But what can be CLEARLY SEEN here is AN EXAMPLE of A 'personal truth' that aligns PERFECTLY with thee One Truth, which can NOT be REFUTED.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:38 pm People share belief in all kinds of "truths", which may or may not be true at all.
That anyone could write that with a straight face is either insanity or an intentional abuse of language.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

The word truth is completely unnecessary and malfunctional in just about any language on the planet. It's only used to fix what appears true as truth. It changes an active connotation (true) into a denotation (truth). It changes the concept of flow into something that's fixed and anchored. If we go with the flow more often, we will many times avoid a situation that needs to be but can't be fixed. One can also say it functions perversely as a power word when dogmatized and legalized by scripture, enshrining it in an aura of infallibility.

The word Truth as encountered in human affairs is the least truthful and trustful word in the dictionary...a conceptual container of the most egregious lies.