How can we know... "The Universe"

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: How can we know... "The Universe"

Post by Age »

VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:54 am
Age wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:10 am
VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:42 am
Age wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:00 pmThe, so called, big bang theory is just a "theory", which obviously is just an assumption or a guess about what took place. And, just as obvious is all 'theories', 'assumptions', and 'guesses' could be completely or partly wrong. Also, you make the claim now that that 'theory' is based on "interpretations" of, so called, "evidence" collected so far.
Yes - I agree. That is specifically why I ask 'how can we know?"
How we can know is by looking at irrefutable proof and not just at 'interpretations'.
Is there any example of the irrefutable proof that you or anyone is able to give to us to look at?
YES. There are PLENTY.

Did you have ANY 'specific' ones that you would like to LOOK AT and DISCUSS?
VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:42 am Someone claimed that the universe created itself,
Did they?
Yes.
I ALSO wrote under and with that, 'Did they?' question;

Who was that?

And PROVIDE the PROOF, and NOT just the 'interpretation', that this was the case.

What MIGHT BE DISCOVERED and SEEN is that what 'you' 'interpreted' is ACTUALLY Wrong and Incorrect.

But until you provide THEE PROOF for YOUR CLAIM, then we have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to LOOK AT and GO ON to DISCUSS.

Which you OBVIOUSLY, quite CONVENIENTLY for 'YOU', just happen to LEAVE OUT.
VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:42 am so I started this thread so that there was a place in which the personality could show the evidence so any such evidence could show US that it is the case that the universe created itself.
By the way, the Universe was neither 'created' NOR 'created', Itself.
What does that mean? That it always existed?
YES.

What that ALSO MEANS IS;

The Universe was NEVER 'created', by Itself. Which is what YOU CLAIMED someone had CLAIMED, prviously.
VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:54 am Does it also mean that it will always exist?
YES.

I was hoping that you would continue on with what YOU CLAIMED, previously. But we do NOT always get what we hoped for.

VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:42 am I myself don't KNOW how we can KNOW either way.
How it is already known that the Universe was not 'created' and did not have 'a beginning' is through the actual evidence and proof that actually exists.
Well the universe does actually exist as something which can be experienced as reality, but how is that evidence that it has always existed? [/quote]

Did ANY one SAY or CLAIM that that WAS 'evidence' for what you say here?
VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:42 am Is there something specific [yet still unmentioned], which we cannot deny as incontrovertible evidence that shows it wasn't created and did not have a beginning?
YES. There is PLENTY.

There is also PLENTY of actual PROOF, and NOT just the, so called, "evidence".

Upon reading again, however, I will have to change my answer to, 'NO'. This is because you have CHANGED from my 'irrefutable' word to 'deny' or 'incontrovertible evidence' wording, which OBVIOUSLY ANY one CAN DENY ANY 'thing'.

However, there are some 'things', which just can NOT be REFUTED.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:10 am
VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:42 am

Yes - I agree. That is specifically why I ask 'how can we know?"
How we can know is by looking at irrefutable proof and not just at 'interpretations'.
Is there any example of the irrefutable proof that you or anyone is able to give to us to look at?
Yes. There are plenty. Did you have any 'specific' ones that you would like to look at and discuss?
Nope. I will examine whatever anyone offers and discuss those.
bahman

Post by bahman »

VVilliam wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:28 am How can we know if the universe was created or that it created itself?
1) The act of creation is impossible (the argument)
2) There is a beginning (the arguments)
3) Therefore the universe popped out of nothingness or the universe just existed at the beginning
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:23 pm
VVilliam wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:28 am How can we know if the universe was created or that it created itself?

False claim.

Unacceptable claim.

3) Therefore all whales are fish or all whales are not fish.
QED
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:53 pm

False claim.

Unacceptable claim.

QED
Why (1) is false and (2) is unacceptable?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:56 pm

False claim.

Unacceptable claim.

QED
How can (1) be true? How can (2) be proved?

Post by Age »

False claim.

Unacceptable claim.

QED
BOTH of YOUR, so called, "arguments" have ALREADY BEEN PROVEN to be COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE for YOUR CLAIMS, for the VERY REASONS ALREADY GIVEN.

Remember those SAME REASONS that I HAVE PROVIDED, which you can NOT SEE and UNDERSTAND, for REASONS GIVEN, or because you just keep REFUSING to LOOK AT them and UNDERSTAND them.
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:11 am
QED
Please just read through. Your comments are welcome.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:44 am
QED
BOTH of YOUR, so called, "arguments" have ALREADY BEEN PROVEN to be COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE for YOUR CLAIMS, for the VERY REASONS ALREADY GIVEN.

Remember those SAME REASONS that I HAVE PROVIDED, which you can NOT SEE and UNDERSTAND, for REASONS GIVEN, or because you just keep REFUSING to LOOK AT them and UNDERSTAND them.
You haven't shown anything useful against my proofs.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

3) Therefore the universe popped out of nothingness or the universe just existed at the beginning
I've already commented on some of what you said before but like how this particular statement sums up your ideas with the appropriate links to each. Let me take these each at a time now and try to critique or credit what I interpret these with my own additions where necessary.

On (1), Creation is impossible

Your argument:
bahman wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:52 pm There are two states of affair in act of the creation, nothing then something respectively. One state of affair follows another one. This act requires time. Time is a part of the creation itself. Therefore, the act of creation is impossible since this (the act requires time and time is a part of creation) leads to regress.
Creation is not formally defined (though you may have done this in that thread). I believe this is at least easy to infer though.

My interpretation of your argument given charity to missing premises:
(1) By creation, you seem to mean "the absolute original causation from the state of absolutely nothing; [Definition of creation]

(2) With absolutely nothing, not even time 'exists'; [Implied by the Definition of Absolutely Nothing]

(3) The act of such absolute causation (creation) is an action which implies it requires time prior to time's origin;

(4)Time's cause then begs the meaning of absolute creation circularly;

(5)Circular meanings cannot be interpreted meaningfully and thus default to mean 'false' and thus 'impossible'.

(6)Thus creation as a time-dependent concept cannot be true in principle. That is, "creation" is impossible. [Conclusion]
I've given some extended liberty to add some things here that I believe are understood but you may possibly disagree in wording.

It might be better to point out the 'meaninglessness' of saying that something 'exists' if it does not involve time. However, the 'regression' points to infinite steps which means that existence is always time-dependent and never not true. Thus this would go against your main intention of proving that there is an actual 'beginning' later.

If there is no origin to time from a state of absolutely nothing can occur, it means anything where no time exists, including any state of 'nothingness' prior to it. You'd have to interpret this to require that there is no such thing as an absolute state of nothingness TO come from, which goes against your second argument I'll be addressing after this.

I DO know that in context to the rest that you are attempting to argue similar to my own points against the idea that things WITHIN time cannot speak about what is outside of it as 'existing' but it does not MEAN that there is no outside apriori state of no time absolutely. We just find it 'ineffible', meaning that it cannot in principle be argued true NOR false. This is what I think would be a better argument for this point to set up because it just establishes THAT the states with no time can be certain to be ruled out. It COULD be true but we just cannot determine its truth nor falsity.

So, I would alter this particular argument as:
My argument wrote: An 'origin' from the state of absolutely nothing is ineffible.

(1)Given Absolutely Nothing as a possible (candidate) for a state, it cannot 'cause' anything for lacking anything, including a mechanism to 'cause' anything.
(2)For something to be PROVEN to change from such a state requires we can witness both states.
(3)The lack of proof though does not in itself mean that the possibility of it being true exists but that it may be in principle unable to be proven nor disproven, and thus, is called ineffible
(4)Therefore, an 'origin' from the state of Absolutely Nothing is ineffible. [conclusion]
The advantage of this is that it does not lead to the mistake of your 'regression' to imply the contradiction that time NEVER NOT existed, itself an unprovable claim and that contradicts your intended combined larger argument.

Your second argument is to assert a beginning based on two points:
There are two proofs for this. A) The physical argument (the second law of thermodynamics) and B) The metaphysical one (the logical one).

Proof of A: Heat death is the final state of any close system eventually. This is due to the second law of thermodynamics that states that entropy (disorder) increases in any close system. We are not in heat death therefore there was a beginning.

Proof of B: There are two scenarios for the eternal past (eternal past being whatever that exists in past): 1) One can reach from the eternal past to now or 2) One cannot. In the first case, we have a beginning since we just need to look at the past to see the eternal past. In the second case, we cannot reach from the eternal past to now, therefore, there is no beginning. We however are at now. Therefore there is no eternal past. Therefore the second case is wrong. We are left with (1) that is plausible. Therefore, there is a beginning.
I did respond in that thread but do not recall you responding. But obviously you felt here in this thread that it still stood. So let me critique it again here for completion.

A 'closed' system is finite or "bounded", meaning that the whole can be treated as 'finite' if you have external known points outside that confine the infinite as one whole. We use the term Universe to describe this concept. But while we understand the meaning of this whole, we cannot be certain THAT something exists beyond to define this as 'bounded' with certainty. If it is the case that nothing lies outside, then the internal state is infinite because the whole is also a proper 'part' of itself, especially if we are confined to time. This means that you can imagine getting to the edge of this Universe but if you were to attempt to reach out to its 'present' size, as you attempted to touch this boundary, it would be extended by the time you could possibly reach it and so could NOT actually touch it.

In physics, the closed system regarding entropy assumes that there is and was some FIXED amount of energy in the Universe (via Big Bang version cosmology). Unlike the Steady State version that treats the DENSITY of energy constant but NOT FIXED by any finite amount, the present Standard Model takes the view that given this 'fixed' energy exists AND that space itself continues to expand, then and only then does entropy decrease. So the Standard Model argues that there WILL be heat death in direct defiance of your position.

Note though that the Big Bang version still implies boundaries exist due to assuming that the appearance of a singularity implies an origin. They do not support the idea that time is eternal unless there are other outside worlds beyond this. But that is speculation for those who maintain this model. Regardless, it begs an origin (and possibly) an end. For certain, they believe that there is an eventual expansion but no new energy, thus entropy increases. Yet, the Steady State model does not postulate origins (nor endings), even if they may exist sometime. That theory supports a 'steady' state of energy distribution. As space 'expands' so too would the energy where space is itself always carries with it energy.

So neither model supports your first argument. You COULD argue for the present more accepted Big Bang theory in the Standard Model but cannot 'prove' anything logical by this. It would only be speculative and dependent upon the singularity. But given others of the present Standard model also argue THAT other worlds are possible, especially with respect to Quantum theories, this would allow for continuity beyond the singularity and so the 'beginning' of this Universe would no longer be treated as having an ABSOLUTE origin. Science cannot thus support your particular argument regarding thermodynamics.

Although your argument-A is out, it was only inductively based but you are attempting to argue apriori, which leaves argument-B, the logical one, potentially viable. Let's look at that.
To repeat for ease of reference:
Proof of B wrote:There are two scenarios for the eternal past (eternal past being whatever that exists in past): 1) One can reach from the eternal past to now or 2) One cannot. In the first case, we have a beginning since we just need to look at the past to see the eternal past. In the second case, we cannot reach from the eternal past to now, therefore, there is no beginning. We however are at now. Therefore there is no eternal past. Therefore the second case is wrong. We are left with (1) that is plausible. Therefore, there is a beginning.
I first find this argument awkwardly stated and as it stands without adding more premises is begging because you are not expressing HOW one can connect the second case to "no beginning". You clearly are intepreting that if one cannot 'reach from the eternal past' that it implies "no beginning" but lack any proof of this condition.

In fact, if the second is interpreted as "IF you cannot remember your infinite past, then you cannot assert a beginning exists with certainty," then this would be more clear and fair. This is precisely my OWN argument. The alternate you give though would be "If you CAN remember your infinite past, you CAN assert a beginning." But this just means that IF you COULD know infinitely everything before your time, you would be QUALIFIED to know WHETHER their is a beginning or not, not that it is a FACT THAT there is a beginning.

When I used this kind of argument, my point was precisely that you cannot even assert knowledge of a beginning UNLESS you could see into the infinte past, something we cannot do. You inferred the opposite AND ignored even the memory beyond the present as admissible. You also beg this particular proof while not noticing it is what you want the other two proofs of the initial three to add value. If this particular argument was valid (yours, that is), it would not require the other two at all or it would be circular.

The difference between your argument and mine is this: yours falsely infers that there IS a 'beginning' while mine argues that you cannot rule out a beginning. Mine is not about determining with certainty a beginning because we can forget it even when it might exist. And I argued then that to QUALIFY whether a beginning does or does not exist, we'd have to at least be ABLE to know all of time(s) ....that is, to BE able to be at this 'beginning' IF IT EXISTS to assert THAT it existed.

So, technically, this argument does not prove 'a beginning' but may if fixed up, prove that you cannot rule OUT 'a beginning'. We have local evidence of 'beginnings which should suffice to assert it a possibility, but not in absolute closure of one possible in principle. Thus this argument is flawed.

On the last part, "3) Therefore the universe popped out of nothingness or the universe just existed at the beginning", this is written as a conclusion FROM the other two but seems to actually imply a conclusion not mentioned as its own argument separate from the others. Worse, this is conflicting as written. The first part of it is that 'either the universe popped out of nothingness' but does not complement that 'the universe just existed at the beginning.' In fact, the second one is conflicting in that it seems to assert that the infinite universe CAN be its own beginning, which if properly stated should be that the Universe has no beginning. You are implying that the first part is true but that if not, by some standard, that the 'beginning' is coequal to meaning 'instant infinity' without acceleration, as the first may imply.

I cannot determine exactly what you meant by (3) because of the 'therefore' is used as the conclusion for what came before, but (1) and (2) do not seem to connect unless (2) stood alone. The argument AS STATED, thus, is not valid nor sound. What I think we might agree on is that AT LEAST, a beginning cannot be ruled out.

My own position argues that a type of origin to time from nothing is static such that if Absolute Nothing coexists with Absolutely Something, then the states as an ordered set can define a 'beginning' as the perspective of the state of Absolutely Nothing OR the state of Absolultely Nothing AND Absolutely Something. In set form, this is

{Absolute-Nothingness, {Absolute-Nothingness, Absolute-Something}}

but

NOT {Absolute-Something, {Absolute-Something, Absolute-Nothingness}}

The latter cannot permit something WITHOUT nothing while the former DOES permit nothing to be able stand alone. And I argue that this is because

Given Something, you can imply Something [Something here is either Absolute or not]

but

Given Absolutely Nothing, if actually true, it would BE a fact which is still at least Something.

So an 'origin' CAN exist but would be static and necessarily CONTRADICTORY. And to me, 'contradiction' IS the force that causes time. Absolutely Nothing does NOT require being non-contradictory, whereas anything else cannot be contradictory following that. The state of something to continuously BE NOT nothing IS the cause of change. If a static Absolute Something were NOT ever nothing, then THAT lacks the ability to STOP BEING what it is and NO CHANGE would occur!

Thus, ONLY Absolutely Nothing can 'originate' or Absolutely EVERYTHING exists, which would still imply Absolutely Nothing in that infinite set.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Note regarding my prior post on use of set theory at the end:

The concept of 'order' is described by asserting a set that contains some X with another whole set that contains both that same X and some Y as follows:

{X, {X, Y}} to mean that "X is followed by Y"

To state that "Y is followed by X", you would assert, {Y, {Y, X}}.

This is the way to express STATIC order without begging concepts like time. Think of the single stand-alone element as a relative origin and THEN that becomes two, which defines the order.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:29 pm
I’ve read your posts more than once. Every time I do that I am left still wondering how (1) can possibly be true and how (2) could be proved true. I hope you will soon be making the most important parts more obvious to me.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

I think posters here are forgetting an important observation.

We know this universe exists as something we are experiencing.

If we were not experiencing this universe, for us - it would not exist. [even though it does - but we know this only because we are experiencing it.]

We can surmise that 'nothing' also exists, because we have experience of it [as memory or lack of memory of it. It doesn't matter which, because is it nothing.]

If something [this universe] derived from nothing, then that would signify a beginning point to the universe.

It may not be that the nothing is actually what created the universe. Nothing may be a type of curtain between us and something else.

But in every instance, be it something or nothing there is always the same something [not nothing] which acknowledges the existence of something or nothing.

The Observer.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm
I've already commented on some of what you said before but like how this particular statement sums up your ideas with the appropriate links to each. Let me take these each at a time now and try to critique or credit what I interpret these with my own additions where necessary.
Oh, thanks for repeating. I don't recall the state of art there.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm On (1), Creation is impossible

Your argument:
bahman wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:52 pm There are two states of affair in act of the creation, nothing then something respectively. One state of affair follows another one. This act requires time. Time is a part of the creation itself. Therefore, the act of creation is impossible since this (the act requires time and time is a part of creation) leads to regress.
Creation is not formally defined (though you may have done this in that thread). I believe this is at least easy to infer though.
Thanks. I should have added the definition of creation.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm My interpretation of your argument given charity to missing premises:
(1) By creation, you seem to mean "the absolute original causation from the state of absolutely nothing; [Definition of creation]
I agree with the definition.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm (2) With absolutely nothing, not even time 'exists'; [Implied by the Definition of Absolutely Nothing]
I agree with the definition.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm (3) The act of such absolute causation (creation) is an action which implies it requires time prior to time's origin;
I agree with the argument&the premise.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm (4)Time's cause then begs the meaning of absolute creation circularly;
Could you please elaborate?
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm (5)Circular meanings cannot be interpreted meaningfully and thus default to mean 'false' and thus 'impossible'.
Could you please elaborate?
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm (6)Thus creation as a time-dependent concept cannot be true in principle. That is, "creation" is impossible. [Conclusion]
Yes, that is the conclusion but I don't see how it follows from (4) and (5). From (3) I argue that this leads to a regress...
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm I've given some extended liberty to add some things here that I believe are understood but you may possibly disagree in wording.
I don't understand (4) and (5) so I cannot tell that I agree.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm It might be better to point out the 'meaninglessness' of saying that something 'exists' if it does not involve time. However, the 'regression' points to infinite steps which means that existence is always time-dependent and never not true. Thus this would go against your main intention of proving that there is an actual 'beginning' later.
I assume that there is a beginning. The existence of the beginning is discussed later.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm If there is no origin to time from a state of absolutely nothing can occur, it means anything where no time exists, including any state of 'nothingness' prior to it. You'd have to interpret this to require that there is no such thing as an absolute state of nothingness TO come from, which goes against your second argument I'll be addressing after this.
I assume that there is a beginning.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm I DO know that in context to the rest that you are attempting to argue similar to my own points against the idea that things WITHIN time cannot speak about what is outside of it as 'existing' but it does not MEAN that there is no outside apriori state of no time absolutely. We just find it 'ineffible', meaning that it cannot in principle be argued true NOR false. This is what I think would be a better argument for this point to set up because it just establishes THAT the states with no time can be certain to be ruled out. It COULD be true but we just cannot determine its truth nor falsity.
Knowledge is time-independent. We are discovering it.

Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm So, I would alter this particular argument as:
My argument wrote: An 'origin' from the state of absolutely nothing is ineffible.

(1)Given Absolutely Nothing as a possible (candidate) for a state, it cannot 'cause' anything for lacking anything, including a mechanism to 'cause' anything.
True. The process of nothing to something is however possible. I have no argument against it yet?
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm (2)For something to be PROVEN to change from such a state requires we can witness both states.
What is the point of having a witness?
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm (3)The lack of proof though does not in itself mean that the possibility of it being true exists but that it may be in principle unable to be proven nor disproven, and thus, is called ineffible
What do you mean by ineffible?
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm (4)Therefore, an 'origin' from the state of Absolutely Nothing is ineffible. [conclusion]
I cannot reach to this conclusion yet.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm The advantage of this is that it does not lead to the mistake of your 'regression' to imply the contradiction that time NEVER NOT existed, itself an unprovable claim and that contradicts your intended combined larger argument.
It is provable. I will discuss this later.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm Your second argument is to assert a beginning based on two points:

I did respond in that thread but do not recall you responding. But obviously you felt here in this thread that it still stood. So let me critique it again here for completion.

A 'closed' system is finite or "bounded", meaning that the whole can be treated as 'finite' if you have external known points outside that confine the infinite as one whole. We use the term Universe to describe this concept. But while we understand the meaning of this whole, we cannot be certain THAT something exists beyond to define this as 'bounded' with certainty. If it is the case that nothing lies outside, then the internal state is infinite because the whole is also a proper 'part' of itself, especially if we are confined to time. This means that you can imagine getting to the edge of this Universe but if you were to attempt to reach out to its 'present' size, as you attempted to touch this boundary, it would be extended by the time you could possibly reach it and so could NOT actually touch it.
A closed system is a system that does not interact with anything else. The whole is a closed system since there is nothing left to interact with.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm In physics, the closed system regarding entropy assumes that there is and was some FIXED amount of energy in the Universe (via Big Bang version cosmology). Unlike the Steady State version that treats the DENSITY of energy constant but NOT FIXED by any finite amount, the present Standard Model takes the view that given this 'fixed' energy exists AND that space itself continues to expand, then and only then does entropy decrease. So the Standard Model argues that there WILL be heat death in direct defiance of your position.
The whole is not interacting by anything. Therefore, entropy increases within.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm Note though that the Big Bang version still implies boundaries exist due to assuming that the appearance of a singularity implies an origin. They do not support the idea that time is eternal unless there are other outside worlds beyond this. But that is speculation for those who maintain this model. Regardless, it begs an origin (and possibly) an end. For certain, they believe that there is an eventual expansion but no new energy, thus entropy increases. Yet, the Steady State model does not postulate origins (nor endings), even if they may exist sometime. That theory supports a 'steady' state of energy distribution. As space 'expands' so too would the energy where space is itself always carries with it energy.
The whole is boundless. I don't agree with the existence of boundaries.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm So neither model supports your first argument. You COULD argue for the present more accepted Big Bang theory in the Standard Model but cannot 'prove' anything logical by this. It would only be speculative and dependent upon the singularity. But given others of the present Standard model also argue THAT other worlds are possible, especially with respect to Quantum theories, this would allow for continuity beyond the singularity and so the 'beginning' of this Universe would no longer be treated as having an ABSOLUTE origin. Science cannot thus support your particular argument regarding thermodynamics.
The standard model is an approximation of reality. We cannot depend on it.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm Although your argument-A is out, it was only inductively based but you are attempting to argue apriori, which leaves argument-B, the logical one, potentially viable. Let's look at that.
I don't agree that argument A is out.
Scott Mayers wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm To repeat for ease of reference:

Suppose that there is no beginning. Just imagine that you travel back in time. there is no beginning therefore you keep going back unboundedly. Can you reach the edge? Of course, not there is no edge. Now, there are people who assume that they existed at the point that they cannot reach by traveling back in time forgetting that the opposite process is also impossible.

I am talking about eternity which is bigger than infinity. It is unbounded. How could you be there!?

I don't need to see the infinite past.

I mean once you role out God then theings has to start on their own way if there is a beginning. I argue in favor of beginning. Therefore, 3) follows.
I don't agree with this state: {Absolute-Something, Absolute-Nothingness}. You cannot have nothing with something.
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:25 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:29 pm

I’ve read your posts more than once. Every time I do that I am left still wondering how (1) can possibly be true and how (2) could be proved true. I hope you will soon be making the most important parts more obvious to me.
Could we work on (1)? Tell me which part of my argument you don't understand so I can elaborate?