Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Anthropomorphism

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:34 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:18 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:48 pm
Plenty of humans do that too.
You know, some probably even see that as a job description.

Ever been to San Francisco? It’s not so much where you step there. At least in walking one can be alert for road mines. The real annoyance is the smell. Really bad, although after a few drinks aided by the onset of nose-blindness, pre-covid restaurants were somewhat tolerable. It helps to use hot sauce.

Now, SF public schools are closed but private schools are open. Why are they closed? That’s the way the unions want it. That’s the way things are there.

The bums are not the only people crapping where they live. Politicians have done it, too.

Crapping where you live also means creating disharmony where you live.

“He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise in heart.”
- Proverbs
but progressive queen nancy has a freezer full of designer ice cream in her castle surrounded by junkie feces

-Imp
What the f does 'feces' mean? 'Feck ess'? What's that???! Bloody yanks and your abominable abuse of the language.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:48 am
Walker wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:18 pm
You know, some probably even see that as a job description.

Ever been to San Francisco? It’s not so much where you step there. At least in walking one can be alert for road mines. The real annoyance is the smell. Really bad, although after a few drinks aided by the onset of nose-blindness, pre-covid restaurants were somewhat tolerable. It helps to use hot sauce.

Now, SF public schools are closed but private schools are open. Why are they closed? That’s the way the unions want it. That’s the way things are there.

The bums are not the only people crapping where they live. Politicians have done it, too.

Crapping where you live also means creating disharmony where you live.

“He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise in heart.”
- Proverbs
but progressive queen nancy has a freezer full of designer ice cream in her castle surrounded by junkie feces

-Imp
What the f does 'feces' mean? 'Feck ess'? What's that???! Bloody yanks and your abominable abuse of the language.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... lish/feces

shove a superfluous u ...

-Imp
vegetariantaxidermy

Impenitent wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:41 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:48 am

-Imp
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... lish/feces

shove a superfluous u ...

-Imp
Read your own link you idiot. It says 'AMERICAN' spelling What 'u'? The correct spelling is 'fAeces', and it's hardly 'superflooiss'. 'AE' gives a long 'E' sound in English, but as an illiterate yank that's hardly going to interest you, nor the origin of the word. That would be too 'intellectual'.
vegetariantaxidermy

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/op ... story.html

Interesting article about dogs. Not so unlike humans. We can still take their behaviour at face value--if they act as if they love us then they love us. Every behaviour we have is self-serving in SOME way-- and that applies to humans, dogs, and every other creature. Aren't we ALL parasites in one form or another?
Walker

Post by Walker »

A dog will sacrifice it’s life defending its human, and it doesn’t even look for thanks.

Not many humans would do the same for a dog.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Wife: I swear, you love that dog more than me.

Husband: If every time I came home you were waiting at the door, jumping out of your skin with excitement and shaking your ass, you might think differently.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I tried to open the link and the computer gave me "fraud" warning.

You might be on China's naughty list.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:31 pm
I tried to open the link and the computer gave me "fraud" warning.

You might be on China's naughty list.
Or you might be. It works fine for me.
Walker

Post by Walker »

:shock:

but ... but... my social credit score!

Seriously though, it provided a link to explain who blocked it.

This is the link.

I never saw the likes of it.

https://apwg.org

Well, if they come to get one of us ... Remember the Alamo!

:D
Walker

Post by Walker »

So, I used another browser and this time don't get the warning that the next click I make could be Trouble.

It takes me to a page that lists a bunch of articles from the newspaper in the link address, but not a specific article.

I could probably find the article, but after the hullabaloo I don't feel the need.

One of life's many mysteries, I suppose. No one in haz mat suits showed up to drag me off, like they did to those poor people in Wuhan who have been conditioned to put the big-guy, a.k.a. the state, before their individuality. Even so, videos showed them in non-compliance, kicking and screaming as they were dragged off to isolation with others of their infected kind.

What are the odds such videos and reports are bona fide, given these scraps of information and no more?
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:47 pm :shock:

This is the link.

Well you can see what my link is anyway. When I click on it I go straight to this article: ''Commentary: Let’s be honest, America: Dogs are parasites, not man’s best friend''
I suppose you just can't help being a wanker...

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:43 pm A dog will sacrifice it’s life defending its human, and it doesn’t even look for thanks.
Does this apply for ALL dogs?
Walker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:43 pm Not many humans would do the same for a dog.
How many dogs would actually do what you implied in the first sentence?

And the word 'its' in your first sentence and the word 'a' in the second sentence puts things into two very different perspectives.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:34 am
Walker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:43 pm A dog will sacrifice it’s life defending its human, and it doesn’t even look for thanks.
Walker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:43 pm Not many humans would do the same for a dog.

And the word 'its' in your first sentence and the word 'a' in the second sentence puts things into two very different perspectives.
Not being a dog, I figure it applies to dogs whose pure dog nature is unblocked, and since dogs have lesser access to delusional concepts of mind than their hosts, most dog natures are unblocked. But, just as a human can be corrupted, so can dogs since as perfect parasites, dogs begin to mirror their humans.

You raise an interesting point about words, and as I see it, it’s because you have the energy of mind fueled by the mind/body connection to notice the distinction between “its” and “a.” Also, the rule-book grammatical error of "it’s" in the first sentence puts a slightly different light than the proper "its" does, doesn’t it.

I’ve heard that farmers see pets more in the “circle-of-life” frequency of light, and from that I figure a farmer would be less likely to sacrifice his one and only, precious and rare life for the life of a dog, not that I’m a farmer although I can grow tomatoes and hot peppers for pasta sauce. There could be farmers who trade their one and only precious life for a dog’s life … Timmy and Lassie’s dad was a pretty good guy but I don’t remember that episode.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:28 am
Walker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:47 pm :shock:

This is the link.

Well you can see what my link is anyway. When I click on it I go straight to this article: ''Commentary: Let’s be honest, America: Dogs are parasites, not man’s best friend''
I suppose you just can't help being a wanker...
Interesting title. If it's a surprise it might change preconceptions of parasites from yuck to cuddly.

I prefer Hex Hammer's "cozy chat."

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:56 am
Age wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:34 am

Not being a dog, I figure it applies to dogs whose pure dog nature is unblocked, and since dogs have lesser access to delusional concepts of mind than their hosts, most dog natures are unblocked.
Could the phrase "delusional concept of mind" be just a 'delusional concept' itself?

What about human beings whose pure human nature is unblocked?

Also, how many dog natures are there exactly? And which ones are, so called, "blocked" and which ones are, so called, "unblocked"?
Walker wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:56 am But, just as a human can be corrupted, so can dogs since as perfect parasites, dogs begin to mirror their humans.
So, does this mean that if not many humans will sacrifice their life defending 'a' dog, or defending 'their' own dog as the case may be, could then this imply that many owned dogs could be corrupted as well and so then will do the same thing and NOT defend 'their' own human?
Walker wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:56 am You raise an interesting point about words, and as I see it, it’s because you have the energy of mind fueled by the mind/body connection to notice the distinction between “its” and “a.” Also, the rule-book grammatical error of "it’s" in the first sentence puts a slightly different light than the proper "its" does, doesn’t it.
Being grammatically correct was and still is of NO real concern to me, because if it was, then I would say something about there being NO question mark at the end of your question here.

But anyway the answer is 'Yes' the incorrect "it's", which you wrote in the first sentence does put a VERY slightly different light than the proper "its", but it is of SO 'slight of light' that I perceived to be of ABSOLUTELY NO CONCERN at all, especially considering the fact that 'we' of age to have learned how to write ALL make these of NO real concern, grammatical errors.

By the way, the beauty of you making that grammatical error in that sentence meant I did not have to make further explanations of which 'its' I was referring to. So, as just now, some grammatical errors come in handy.

Now, back to the ACTUAL issue I was pointing out and highlighting, the intentional or unintentional deceptive nature of using 'its' in the first sentence and 'a' in the second sentence is of what is of REAL concern, to me.

See, if you wrote; "A dog will sacrifice defending its (corrected) life defending 'a' human", and also, "Not many humans would do the same for its [their] dog, then we do have TWO EXTREMELY DIFFERENT scenarios.

What you wrote above, and the 'picture' it painted, then many MORE human beings would agree with that compared to what I wrote, and the 'picture' I painted here just now. See, the subtleties of words, and their meanings, can influence people if the FULL extent of the words and their meanings is NOT recognized and noticed at first. This is the reason why I say the words that we say and use have far more bearing on us than we even FULLY realize YET, in the days of when this is being written. This includes, and maybe more especially so, to those words we say and use, internally, to "ourselves".

Now, of course, dogs do not look for 'thanks'. 'Thanks' is a human being concept and construct only. A dog, however, will look for a pat on the head or maybe just a rub under the chin and/or maybe just a bit of food instead. Which sometimes either of these can mean FAR MORE to 'a' dog than some of the 'thanks' human beings say and give to each other.

Furthermore could it actually be argued that for a dog to sacrifice its life for its human, then its dogs nature has actually been 'blocked' or 'influenced and 'corrupted' by living with that human being? For surely not many dogs would sacrifice their life for 'a' human, just like, and as you correctly pointed out and said, not many humans would sacrifice their life for 'a' dog.

And if we wanted to be even more deceptive we could have used the term 'just any' dog. But this deception would have be far MORE recognizable and noticeable than just the 'a' word.
Walker wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:56 am I’ve heard that farmers see pets more in the “circle-of-life” frequency of light, and from that I figure a farmer would be less likely to sacrifice his one and only, precious and rare life for the life of a dog, not that I’m a farmer although I can grow tomatoes and hot peppers for pasta sauce. There could be farmers who trade their one and only precious life for a dog’s life … Timmy and Lassie’s dad was a pretty good guy but I don’t remember that episode.
If we want to DISTRACT to this length and go so far astray, then would you also like to talk about "flipper, sandy, and bud" and/or "mr ed and wilbur" as well?