The Pandemic is over?

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: The Pandemic is over?

Post by Walker »

DanDare wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:04 am
Walker wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:26 amWhen you read without discoursing, the writer is communicating with you.
I disagree. A writer may tell you much, but if you don't try to comprehend, or respond with what it is you have comprehended, then there is no communication. If you mean that communication can be one way, yes it may be but that is not relevant on a discussion forum. You are just obfuscating issues.

Interesting. I’ve found that a lot of questions are loaded up with preconceptions and dichotomies that the questioner is reluctant to suspend. For instance, when it comes to truth the dichotomy between glib and sensible is a personal creation, and perhaps a limitation.

Besides, who wants to disenfranchise the silent lurkers who could very well be more concerned with absorbing and understanding the material rather than indulging in knee-jerk rejections of what doesn’t fit into the noggin.

Speaking from personal lurking experience, silent lurkers are less concerned with using questions to reshape the material in order to fit the information into a personal view of the world, and are less concerned with rejecting the material with labels such as "obfuscating," if it doesn’t fit that personal view.

Also, questions can be endless, so the alternative to abusing the tool of questioning is to treat questions like gold and not waste questions trying to please. The irrelevancy is in trying to please within a venue where pleasing should not be a primary concern.

But, I understand what you say about questions. You present the conventional, or mundane view of questions summarized by the indoctrinating, “There is no such thing as a stupid question.”

:)