Failure of the Absolute.

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Failure of the Absolute.

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

The absolute truth is absolute....this is a relative statement.

Discuss.
Dontaskme

Re: Failure of the Absolute.

Post by Dontaskme »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:07 pm The absolute truth is absolute....this is a relative statement.

Discuss.
The relative is an illusory appearance of the absolute that never appears?

uwot

Post by uwot »

It's pretty much taken for granted in philosophy of science that all theories, hypotheses and mathematical models are underdetermined. Basically, there is nothing for which you cannot offer an alternative explanation. Some philosophers accept Peter Lipton's Inference to the Best Explanation (IBE for short). Others insist that some inferences lead to the only explanation, but that's just a lack of imagination.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:37 am Others insist that some inferences lead to the only explanation, but that's just a lack of imagination.
The only explanation is your own self evident direct experience. You are light and only light can know itself.

Every hologram...aka the mind, aka the projector knows itself as a holographic recorded image of the one field of information manifested by the light streaming as and through the projector mind.

All imagined things (knowledge)(inferences) ...are recorded projections of the one light projecting itself as images known...as knowledge.

uwot

Post by uwot »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:05 pm
uwot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:37 am Others insist that some inferences lead to the only explanation, but that's just a lack of imagination.
The only explanation is your own self evident direct experience.
No. My direct experience is the stuff I have to explain.

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:05 pmYou are light and only light can know itself.

Every hologram...aka the mind, aka the projector knows itself as a holographic recorded image of the one field of information manifested by the light streaming as and through the projector mind.

All imagined things (knowledge)(inferences) ...are recorded projections of the one light projecting itself as images known...as knowledge.
You are free to believe any hypothesis you please, but again, to insist that your explanation is the correct one is, by your own definition, unwise.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:21 pm You are free to believe any hypothesis you please, but again, to insist that your explanation is the correct one is, by your own definition, unwise.
It's unwise to believe there is a you to have the correct definition or not.

No thing can define what is reality, although every definition is defining it.

No word can describe what is reality, although every word is it.

Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:11 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:07 pm The absolute truth is absolute....this is a relative statement.

Discuss.

But the illusion as an illusion is real; hence illusions are a deficiency in truth but a truth nonetheless. So what we understand of the illusion as a mere deficiency in truth, simultaneously observes it as an approximation of this ultimate unity and in these respects an extension of truth so what we percieve as "vanity" is merely a medial point, through "image" as a structure, and hence is "real" in itself through the one, but is not the "one".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:36 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:11 am

Discuss.

But the illusion as an illusion is real; hence illusions are a deficiency in truth but a truth nonetheless. So what we understand of the illusion as a mere deficiency in truth, simultaneously observes it as an approximation of this ultimate unity and in these respects an extension of truth so what we percieve as "vanity" is merely a medial point, through "image" as a structure, and hence is "real" in itself through the one, but is not the "one".
Beautifully put.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:35 pmIt's unwise to believe there is a you to have the correct definition or not.
So you accept there might be a you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:04 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:35 pmIt's unwise to believe there is a you to have the correct definition or not.
So you accept there might be a you.
There is no you because there is no other than you.

This is not solipsism as I AM cannot be named.

I AM a solipsist implies two, where there is only you. (I AM)

The named I AM is a fictional character...the dream of separation.

The I AM cannot know what it is.
The I AM can only know what it's not...(the known)
Therefore, the I AM is this immediate not-knowing known.

uwot

Post by uwot »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:28 amThere is no you because there is no other than you.
Trust me; I am not you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

uwot wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:00 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:28 amThere is no you because there is no other than you.
Trust me; I am not you.
Trust me, there is no you without me.

You need me to exist.

You have no face without a mirror. :shock:

The mirror and it's reflection is the same one.

You obviously have no understanding of the real world.

uwot

Post by uwot »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pmTrust me, there is no you without me.

You need me to exist.
That's some sense of grandeur you have. Personally, I suspect the world would cope perfectly well without me.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pmYou have no face without a mirror. :shock:
Just when you thought it couldn't get any sillier...
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pmThe mirror and it's reflection is the same one.
Gibberish and profundity is not.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pmYou obviously have no understanding of the real world.
It's a very mysterious place, but I do at least try and engage it.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:21 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:05 pm
The only explanation is your own self evident direct experience.
No. My direct experience is the stuff I have to explain.
I agree insofar as perceptions require explanation. But does the awareness that does the experiencing require explanation, beyond the neurological, in your view, uwot?
Last edited by Dalek Prime on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Trust me, there is no you without me.

You need me to exist.
uwot wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:58 pmThat's some sense of grandeur you have.
I have a sense of grandeur ? ? :roll: ......well okay,thanks, I wouldn't have known that if you hadn't told me.

Thanks for informing me of what I didn't know but you did ...I guess we do need each other after all. :D
uwot wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:58 pmPersonally, I suspect the world would cope perfectly well without me.
The world already copes with or without you.

There is no without you without you knowing you are without you. You cannot know what you do not know, you can only know what you know.

When have you ever been without you?