"So what else would you like to know?"

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

"So what else would you like to know?"

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Seems we know a lot already. Yet humans have a desire to know a lot more. Do you have a passion to learn about something in your quest for knowledge? (mine would be math)

PhilX 🇺🇸
Science Fan

Re: "So what else would you like to know?"

Post by Science Fan »

I would like to know the winning lottery numbers, before the lottery numbers are picked. Learning the winning numbers after the fact does me little good.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I'm an all or nothing sort of bloke.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

The day I croak so I can buy a few bottles of the finest booze as the ultimate and final libation to the question "what was it all for" that knows it no-longer needs to ask what Purpose it had.

Ying

Post by Ying »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:10 pm Seems we know a lot already. Yet humans have a desire to know a lot more. Do you have a passion to learn about something in your quest for knowledge? (mine would be math)

PhilX 🇺🇸
I'm currently going through the lecture series "Memory And The Human Lifespan" by Steve Joordens again. After that, it's on to "Descriptive Psychology" by Franz Brentano (I'm already familiar with his "Psychology From an Empirical Standpoint"). I also own copies of "The True and the Evident", "The Foundation and Construction of Ethics" and "Philosophical Investigations on Time, Space and the Continuum" (All by Brentano) but only leafed through those for the time being. The only real gap in my reading of phenomenology in general would be Husserl. I'm thinking about picking up a copy of his "Ideas" but it's going to be a slow read since I'm not particularly fond of Husserls take on the project. I probably should re-read "Being and Time" by Heidegger too, but I really can't be arsed with that one...

As for my intellectual interests at the moment? Oh, let's see... Cognitive psychology (mostly lectures), gestalt psychology (Koffka and Kohler mainly) and phenomenology (as noted).
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:10 pm Seems we know a lot already. Yet humans have a desire to know a lot more. Do you have a passion to learn about something in your quest for knowledge? (mine would be math)

PhilX 🇺🇸
I would love to know everything about life and world. Reason being that being in life and world, I would have a right to know everything about life and world.