Justified True Belief and Hypothetico-Deductive Method

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

TimeSeeker

Re: Justified True Belief and Hypothetico-Deductive Method

Post by TimeSeeker »

Necromancer wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 pm
TimeSeeker wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:31 pmTime for a paradigm shift, maybe ? ;)
Let me end this exchange by saying that you have not proven that B, T, JTB (Plato Tripartite Definition) are junk.

My scientific experience says that it is true, although in a more elaborated version today, in 2018.

Ok? Enjoy! (Welcome to the Philosophy Now forum!) :D
Perhaps if you state where your uncertainty lies and be transparent of the evidence you require for me to falsify JTB I can do better?
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

TimeSeeker wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:48 pmPerhaps if you state where your uncertainty lies and be transparent of the evidence you require for me to falsify JTB I can do better?
For a start, I have absolutely no trouble formulating a winner strategy by B, T and JTB and you go directly against it.

Therefore, put simply, you are wrong!

If not the above, I can't see that you have made a case for it yet! You say "information theory" and then you win? No! Sorry about that! 8)
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Necromancer wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:10 pm
TimeSeeker wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:48 pmPerhaps if you state where your uncertainty lies and be transparent of the evidence you require for me to falsify JTB I can do better?
For a start, I have absolutely no trouble formulating a winner strategy by B, T and JTB and you go directly against it.

Therefore, put simply, you are wrong!

If not the above, I can't see that you have made a case for it yet! You say "information theory" and then you win? No! Sorry about that! 8)
Heh. I never claimed to have the ability to determine ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ or proclaim ‘winners’ and ‘losers’. I am more of a Lindy effect kind of guy.

But by Witrgenatein’s ruler I am making some inferences about your self-esteem given that you think your opinion matters ;)

I tend to side with Paul Feyerabend on matters of epistemology.