There is no such thing as knowing

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

rantal

Re: There is no such thing as knowing

Post by rantal »

No, it is foolish, thinks I, to suggest that truth can be relative, nor do I consider you a person worhty of debate, as I generally find it pointless to debate with those who resort to abusive behavior

all the best, rantal
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

rantal wrote:No, it is foolish, thinks I, to suggest that truth can be relative, nor do I consider you a person worhty of debate, as I generally find it pointless to debate with those who resort to abusive behavior

all the best, rantal
And this, coming from the one that was first, in being abusive. It was you that started the name calling, in another thread. I see that one that believes that as long as they close with "all the best," they can say anything before hand, no matter how nasty, lies to them selves on a regular basis. I also see that because of this it is futile debating with one that is obviously a hypocrite, and a liar, though I shall continually try and get through to them, I owe it to them.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

What a remarkably in depth and interesting philosophical discussion you two are having.
SpheresOfBalance

chaz wyman wrote:What a remarkably in depth and interesting philosophical discussion you two are having.
How nice of you to take your valuable time to enlighten us. As if in so doing you have somehow elevated yourself to such great heights, that I could only dream of reaching, lucky me. Chaz, you never cease to amaze me!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:What a remarkably in depth and interesting philosophical discussion you two are having.
How nice of you to take your valuable time to enlighten us. As if in so doing you have somehow elevated yourself to such great heights, that I could only dream of reaching, lucky me. Chaz, you never cease to amaze me!

I live to amaze.
SpheresOfBalance

chaz wyman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:

I live to amaze.
Yes megalo, it was sarcasm.
Last edited by SpheresOfBalance on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: How nice of you to take your valuable time to enlighten us. As if in so doing you have somehow elevated yourself to such great heights, that I could only dream of reaching, lucky me. Chaz, you never cease to amaze me!

I live to amaze.
Yes magalo, it was sarcasm.
Wow, I've graduated from megalo to magelo.
SpheresOfBalance

SpheresOfBalance wrote:How nice of you to take your valuable time to enlighten us. As if in so doing you have somehow elevated yourself to such great heights, that I could only dream of reaching, lucky me. Chaz, you never cease to amaze me!
chaz wyman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:I live to amaze.
Yes magalo, it was sarcasm.
Wow, I've graduated from megalo to magelo.
Chaz, unfortunately, it seems that you shall never graduate, unless someone mistakenly types otherwise.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:Chaz, unfortunately, it seems that you shall never graduate, unless someone mistakenly types otherwise.
I've graduated many times.
SpheresOfBalance

chaz wyman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:Chaz, unfortunately, it seems that you shall never graduate, unless someone mistakenly types otherwise.
Like I said!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Like I said!
Banal.
Not at all what you said.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:... as death is what all men fear most, ...
Is it tho'? Many appear to be able to give their lives for many reasons. I agree that most would avoid dying if possible but to fear death appears to be an exercise in futility if one believes that one is inevitably going to die. For myself I fear dying before I've achieved certain things, I also fear illness and infirmity more than dying. Of course I can only base this upon the few limited occasions when I've thought "I going to die right now".
SpheresOfBalance

Arising_uk wrote:
Is it tho'? Many appear to be able to give their lives for many reasons. I agree that most would avoid dying if possible but to fear death appears to be an exercise in futility if one believes that one is inevitably going to die. For myself I fear dying before I've achieved certain things, I also fear illness and infirmity more than dying. Of course I can only base this upon the few limited occasions when I've thought "I going to die right now".
Of course sometimes I forget to fully qualify my statements, often like most people, I take certain things for granted, I believe them to be self evident. What I should have added was "as death is what all sane men fear most, ..." Of course this is the way I see things, you may see them differently, as obviously do, those insane men. At least all but those that do so, to save an innocent, at the very moment, that the innocent is certainly to be killed, where their sacrifice, shall save the innocent, which really has no bearing on what they fear most, as one cannot query them, after the fact.
Last edited by SpheresOfBalance on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpheresOfBalance

chaz wyman wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:I've graduated many times.
Like I said!
Banal.
Not at all what you said.
For a man that believes himself superior, you sure are dense. Some words just seem to dance over your head. Re-read, or act stupid, I care not!!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
Of course sometimes I forget to fully qualify my statements, often like most people, I take certain things for granted, I believe them to be self evident. What I should have added was "as death is what all sane men fear most, ..." Of course this is the way I see things, you may see them differently, as obviously do, those insane men. At least all but those that do so, to save an innocent, at the very moment, that the innocent is certainly to be killed, where their sacrifice, shall save the innocent, which really has no bearing on what they fear most, as one cannot query them, after the fact.
But what you need to do is qualify your statements by saying you have no right to say them.
As you cannot know all sane people, you cannot assess what is their maximal fear. So this statement is beyond your ability to make, being not a possible part of your experience. Only megalomaniacs demand to make statements that you are beyond their possible experience.

Why would anyone fear death anyway? There is nothing more certain than death.
It seem to me a very childish thing to hang on to such a fear.
Maybe you are just a pussy?
And are transferring your cowardice to others