random thought on what-is-perceived of the day

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

random thought on what-is-perceived of the day

Post by The Voice of Time »

It seems to me that the universe is entangled in its own multiversism as some things appear without rhythm, and, could we presume, is this because the different universes "seeps" into each other and the lack of rhythm is only the frictioning of the universes? So that a universe becomes a large complex order of things, and all differentiation in time is the crashing of order-complexes each making out their own world?
RickLewis

Re: random thought on what-is-perceived of the day

Post by RickLewis »

I'm not sure what to make of this. I don't understand your suggestion completely, but maybe it will become clearer?

I read in New Scientist recently that the "multiverse" - having once been a very exotic and far-fetched sort of theory - is becoming a widespread hypothesis. In the last decade, apparently, physicists working in a variety of areas of the subject have suggested that the multiverse is the simplest solution to this or that particular problem.

How can we know if there is a multiverse? I'm not sure, but I remember that we carried an interview with David Deutsch a few years back, about quantum computing. Deutsch thinks that quantum computers work because of very weak interactions between parallel universes, and that while individual quantum events in a particular universe have a degree of randomness, this randomness disappears if you consider the multiverse as a whole. (I'm typing this from memory of what was in the interview - I might have it a bit wrong!). Therefore for Deutsch, if quantum computers work, that will be good supporting evidence for a multiverse in which neighbouring universes interact slightly.

Here is the interview, which was conducted by Filiz Peach:

http://philosophynow.org/issues/30/David_Deutsch
The Voice of Time

Re: random thought on what-is-perceived of the day

Post by The Voice of Time »

My suggestion was rather taken out of the blue. But it comes from the thought each universe may contain its own "persona", its own character, which is really a set of things that "this universe does", and my idea went that when things happen out of rhythm, out of order, it may just be that different universes uniquified by their individual character will friction against each other as, you might think, how different complexes of order friction against each other and cause the emerging of new orders or a unified order, in the same way the different characters of the universes may friction against each other as order complexes to, over time, create a new unified universe which is orderly to the absolute and with perfect rhythm, or, perfect positioning such that while change may not be gone, everything will happen in perfect cycles of time, so things may change from one point of time to the next but they won't differ from what have already happened.