Nobody Knows.

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Nobody Knows.

Post by Dontaskme »

No one can assign qualities to a "knower".....simply because there isn't one.

To announce ''I know'' is known.

That which is 'known' doesn't know anything.

Renounce everything back to it's original source...because in knowing itself, the "knower" would be altered by the knowing.
The new knower would again have to change to accommodate the new knowing.
On and on it would go never quite catching up.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Age wrote:
Once who and what the Absolute One IS is found out to be then just how simply and easily the Absolute
One can be accessed may come as quite a shock and surprise to some
Could the Absolute One not be accessed simply by being truly open and having precisely no assumptions ?
And if this is indeed so then is there any reason as to why it should come as a shock and surprise to some ?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:18 am

Could the Absolute One not be accessed simply by being truly open and having precisely no assumptions ?
No because you already are the Absolute One - accessing you would require two of you. So the one being truly open and having precisely no assumptions is an assumption, that one does not exist.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:18 amAnd if this is indeed so then is there any reason as to why it should come as a shock and surprise to some ?
It will only come as a shock to the one who assumes it exists when it finds out it doesn't.

barbarianhorde

Post by barbarianhorde »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:09 am In the end, you can't even know that you're nobody.

How do you know?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

barbarianhorde wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:46 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:09 am In the end, you can't even know that you're nobody.

How do you know?
I don't know how I know.

barbarianhorde

Post by barbarianhorde »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:48 pm

How do you know?
I don't know how I know.

how do you know that you know and no merely opine?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

barbarianhorde wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:14 pm how do you know that you know and no merely opine?
What's the empirical/consequential difference between knowing and opining ?

It is astonishing to see how many philosophical disputes collapse into insignificance the moment you subject them to this simple test of tracing a concrete consequence. There can be no difference anywhere that doesn't make a difference elsewhere—no difference in abstract truth that doesn't express itself in a difference in concrete fact and in conduct consequent upon that fact, imposed on somebody, somehow, somewhere and some-when. The whole function of philosophy ought to be to find out what definite difference it will make to you and me, at definite instants of our life, if this world-formula or that world-formula be the true one.-- William James
bahman

Post by bahman »

You won't know anything after the end, if there is any.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:13 pm

You won't know anything after the end, if there is any.
There is no knowledge of any before or after knowing.

barbarianhorde

Post by barbarianhorde »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:00 pm
barbarianhorde wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:14 pm how do you know that you know and no merely opine?
What's the empirical/consequential difference between knowing and opining ?
The empirical/consequential difference is empirical consequence.

Science is built of knowledge rather than of opinion.

The difference is whether an idea can be structurally verified or not. Has to do with definite contexts, repeatable events in well defined circumstances. In philosophy we refer to this as the falsification criterion.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

barbarianhorde wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:14 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:48 pm
How do you know?
I don't know how I know.

how do you know that you know and no merely opine?
I knowing is an opine.

I don't know how I knowing is an opine because I am the knowing that I cannot know.
For the sake of mental stability and even physiological health, the unconscious and the conscious must be integrally connected and thus move on parallel lines. If they are split apart or “dissociated,” psychological disturbance follows. (Carl Jung)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Non-existence is existence. All non-sense. You're all tragically obsessed with this idea of non existing.
But, who are you, and where are you?
Can you recall your very own inception. Nope, you relied on secondry knowledge to inform you (an idea) There is simply no such thing as an individual in existence. From source to source an endless OFFspring.

Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:22 pm Non-existence is existence. All non-sense. You're all tragically obsessed with this idea of non existing.
Can you recall your very own inception. Nope, you relied on secondry knowledge to inform you (an idea) There is simply no such thing as an individual in existence. From source to source an endless OFFspring.

Out of curiosity and not as a gotcha type question, what is your opinion as to the purpose of the crucifixion even if you consider it imaginary? Why did the Christ volunteer for it and what was to be gained by this quality of suffering?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:22 pm Non-existence is existence. All non-sense. You're all tragically obsessed with this idea of non existing.

Out of curiosity and not as a gotcha type question, what is your opinion as to the purpose of the crucifixion even if you consider it imaginary? Why did the Christ volunteer for it and what was to be gained by this quality of suffering?
Hello Nick

Allow me to consult my memory, the place I archive away all my made up stories, the place where I spend all of my allotted time, the only place that I am familiar with, since I know of no other place. :D

The story of Jesus and his sacrifice was a metaphor for no thing living life.

Jesus was the thing that had to die to prove to the other things that things can die and come back alive. And that there was no real sacrifice because it was just a fictional story showing that things, which are really just thoughts can come and go...meaning thoughts are born and that which is born must die.

Now, here's the revelation, thoughts come and go in something that does not come and go. And that's what Jesus aka a metaphorical idea of the mind was attempting to point to.

So what was the something in which 'thoughts' come and go? ...The answer to that question is the something was nothing or for want of a better word the something that is nothing is everything aka it's one without a second... and that's what was meant by infinity now aka eternal life for no one that the metaphorical story of Jesus, was pointing to.

In other words, knowing you are born, is to know you are going to die. So that belief, which is exactly what it is, a belief born of knowledge, informing the the mind of concepts known... can be a form of suffering for the believing mind/brain. Also, there are many other forms of suffering, like pain and stuff, including mental abuse suffering caused by believing the conceptual words to be real and true, and so this is the kind of suffering the human sentient mind suffers from, because it gained the knowledge as depicted in the biblical story of Eden.
However, in real reality, there is no knowledge of anything except in this immaculate conception..enter Jesus the thing known) that knows nothing, Jesus is the something that is everything for if one thing is known then everything is known...all knowing.
Knowledge of life is all but a conceptual fictional story believed to be real.

So for the believing brain of knowledge, aka the memory, there is hope, in knowing knowledge there can be known the end of knowledge which is like going back to the original garden of eden of pure innocence, like where the rest of nature resides. But for the human mind, it has become too conditioned to go back to it's original innocent state, besides, there is nothing to do in the place absent of knowledge, so most minds don't want to live there...but then there is the exception of the minds who awoken to the truth that Jesus was pointing out, and for those awakened minds that's exactly where they want to be, the place of doing nothing, being nothing, and knowing nothing, a state where life just unfolds all by itself without any preferences for it to be one way or the other, a state that just accepts everything the way it is, the way it wants to flow unconditionally without resisting any of it, and just allowing it to be as it is.

Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:01 am
Nick_A wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Hello Nick

Allow me to consult my memory, the place I archive away all my made up stories, the place where I spend all of my allotted time, the only place that I am familiar with, since I know of no other place. :D

The story of Jesus and his sacrifice was a metaphor for no thing living life.

Jesus was the thing that had to die to prove to the other things that things can die and come back alive. And that there was no real sacrifice because it was just a fictional story showing that things, which are really just thoughts can come and go...meaning thoughts are born and that which is born must die.

Now, here's the revelation, thoughts come and go in something that does not come and go. And that's what Jesus aka a metaphorical idea of the mind was attempting to point to.

So what was the something in which 'thoughts' come and go? ...The answer to that question is the something was nothing or for want of a better word the something that is nothing is everything aka it's one without a second... and that's what was meant by infinity now aka eternal life for no one that the metaphorical story of Jesus, was pointing to.

In other words, knowing you are born, is to know you are going to die. So that belief, which is exactly what it is, a belief born of knowledge, informing the the mind of concepts known... can be a form of suffering for the believing mind/brain. Also, there are many other forms of suffering, like pain and stuff, including mental abuse suffering caused by believing the conceptual words to be real and true, and so this is the kind of suffering the human sentient mind suffers from, because it gained the knowledge as depicted in the biblical story of Eden.
However, in real reality, there is no knowledge of anything except in this immaculate conception..enter Jesus the thing known) that knows nothing, Jesus is the something that is everything for if one thing is known then everything is known...all knowing.
Knowledge of life is all but a conceptual fictional story believed to be real.

So for the believing brain of knowledge, aka the memory, there is hope, in knowing knowledge there can be known the end of knowledge which is like going back to the original garden of eden of pure innocence, like where the rest of nature resides. But for the human mind, it has become too conditioned to go back to it's original innocent state, besides, there is nothing to do in the place absent of knowledge, so most minds don't want to live there...but then there is the exception of the minds who awoken to the truth that Jesus was pointing out, and for those awakened minds that's exactly where they want to be, the place of doing nothing, being nothing, and knowing nothing, a state where life just unfolds all by itself without any preferences for it to be one way or the other, a state that just accepts everything the way it is, the way it wants to flow unconditionally without resisting any of it, and just allowing it to be as it is.

Are you open to at least theoretically to the difference between nothing and no-thing? They both can be considered beyond the limitations of time and space. You assert that everything is an expression of nothing so does not exist. As a monist I believe every material expression experienced in the world is a lawful expression of no-thing within lawful levels of reality. Where the universe is a lawful expression for no-thing the conception arising in human beings is pure imagination for nothing

Do you sense difference between nothing and no-thing? Could your conception of nothing really be a mistaken experience of no-thing?