An argument for the existence of God

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4010
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by attofishpi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:41 am

chaz wyman wrote:The language part of your argument is evidence of a lack of mental discrimination. You have a empty collection of phonic co-incidences........these only form a small range of syllables that are euphonic to the language and it is these that you abuse in your mangled and twisted interpretations - all of which can be used to find any dumb meaning you want.
Chaz...for the second time, i will give you the opportunity to prove that point. Provide your alternate interpretation of the 20 words i have provided...or provide another twenty of your own choice. Simple.
Lets see if they convey the same level of rationale (to their parent word) as mine.

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by chaz wyman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:01 pm

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:The language part of your argument is evidence of a lack of mental discrimination. You have a empty collection of phonic co-incidences........these only form a small range of syllables that are euphonic to the language and it is these that you abuse in your mangled and twisted interpretations - all of which can be used to find any dumb meaning you want.
Chaz...for the second time, i will give you the opportunity to prove that point. Provide your alternate interpretation of the 20 words i have provided...or provide another twenty of your own choice. Simple.
Lets see if they convey the same level of rationale (to their parent word) as mine.
Prove it? It's what they call a no-brainer.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP.

Limited.

Dog
Chein
Canis
reun
mannetjie
macho
samec
hunde
argevikos
isane
koira
male
pseci
kan
jantan
hunda
maschio
mascul


The connection between the signifier and the signified is arbitrary.


"Provide your alternate interpretation of the 20 words i have provided"
The point is that you are interpreting nothing, signifying nothing.

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by chaz wyman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Kayla wrote:
attofishpi wrote:The language part of my argument was taught to me by a sage.
Image

this sage?
Probably this sage:
Image

I think he smoked it!

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4010
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by attofishpi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:07 pm

chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:The language part of your argument is evidence of a lack of mental discrimination. You have a empty collection of phonic co-incidences........these only form a small range of syllables that are euphonic to the language and it is these that you abuse in your mangled and twisted interpretations - all of which can be used to find any dumb meaning you want.
Chaz...for the second time, i will give you the opportunity to prove that point. Provide your alternate interpretation of the 20 words i have provided...or provide another twenty of your own choice. Simple.
Lets see if they convey the same level of rationale (to their parent word) as mine.
Prove it? It's what they call a no-brainer.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP.

Limited.

Dog
Chein
Canis
reun
mannetjie
macho
samec
hunde
argevikos
isane
koira
male
pseci
kan
jantan
hunda
maschio
mascul


The connection between the signifier and the signified is arbitrary.


"Provide your alternate interpretation of the 20 words i have provided"
The point is that you are interpreting nothing, signifying nothing.
That was a Chaz cop out!!! English Chaz...LAN_GAUGE

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4010
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by attofishpi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Kayla wrote:
attofishpi wrote:The language part of my argument was taught to me by a sage.
Image

this sage?
I have never seen my sage.

User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1210
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by Kayla » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:47 pm

ah , an invisible sage

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by chaz wyman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 pm

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: Prove it? It's what they call a no-brainer.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP.

Limited.

Dog
Chein
Canis
reun
mannetjie
macho
samec
hunde
argevikos
isane
koira
male
pseci
kan
jantan
hunda
maschio
mascul


The connection between the signifier and the signified is arbitrary.


"Provide your alternate interpretation of the 20 words i have provided"
The point is that you are interpreting nothing, signifying nothing.
That was a Chaz cop out!!! English Chaz...LAN_GAUGE
WHich language, are you saying that the universe is written in English - ir is that the language of god?
THere is no cop out here, except the lack of your brain engaging.

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by chaz wyman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:00 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Kayla wrote:
attofishpi wrote:The language part of my argument was taught to me by a sage.
Image

this sage?
I have never seen my sage.
AH - you mean THIS sage!

Image

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12307
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by Arising_uk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:40 pm

chaz wyman wrote:...
WHich language, are you saying that the universe is written in English - ir is that the language of god? ...
Well of course it is! As we all know that 'God' is an Englishman. James Mason's voice probably but I like to think Noel Coward's more likely. Would that not be great! :)

chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by chaz wyman » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Arising_uk wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:...
WHich language, are you saying that the universe is written in English - ir is that the language of god? ...
Well of course it is! As we all know that 'God' is an Englishman. James Mason's voice probably but I like to think Noel Coward's more likely. Would that not be great! :)
More like Arthur Daley.

User avatar
RIW
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:46 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by RIW » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:21 pm

I call God the Infinite.

Why try to put the face of that which is finite on that which is Infinite? All truth is found within the Infinite. Why look for it in another place?
Life is made up of a complex arrangement of mass particles, the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. I believe this is true of the Infinite. The void connects all matter and all movement. The Infinite is enhanced by time. The finite is limited by time. The Infinite is connected to everything. The finite, given choice, connects to the Infinite by its own will and capabilities. The Infinite places preference and choice above all, for it has given a preference of movement to every particle of mass. All mass moves in ways of increasing complexity.
The Infinite creates possible directions of movement or, shall we say, the Infinite is that which gives choice. The Infinite is that which creates the opportunity for mass particles to slow down and form the universe we perceive, with the promise that they would one day return to their own universe. This universe is governed by that agreement.

The Infinite must be singular, it is alone in its oneness. The Infinite is that which has no fear, for nothing fears itself. The Infinite knows no want, for it is everything. The Infinite is that which has no malice.
R.I.W.
The philosophy of an old boat builder at theinfinitemind.org

reasonvemotion
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 am

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by reasonvemotion » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:39 pm

If God is infinite, this makes him beyond human comprehension.

thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by thedoc » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:47 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:If God is infinite, this makes him beyond human comprehension.

Yes, unless God is a human creation, then God would be a human comprehension.

User avatar
ForgedinHell
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 am
Location: Pueblo West, CO

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by ForgedinHell » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:19 pm

RIW wrote:I call God the Infinite.

Why try to put the face of that which is finite on that which is Infinite? All truth is found within the Infinite. Why look for it in another place?
Life is made up of a complex arrangement of mass particles, the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. I believe this is true of the Infinite. The void connects all matter and all movement. The Infinite is enhanced by time. The finite is limited by time. The Infinite is connected to everything. The finite, given choice, connects to the Infinite by its own will and capabilities. The Infinite places preference and choice above all, for it has given a preference of movement to every particle of mass. All mass moves in ways of increasing complexity.
The Infinite creates possible directions of movement or, shall we say, the Infinite is that which gives choice. The Infinite is that which creates the opportunity for mass particles to slow down and form the universe we perceive, with the promise that they would one day return to their own universe. This universe is governed by that agreement.

The Infinite must be singular, it is alone in its oneness. The Infinite is that which has no fear, for nothing fears itself. The Infinite knows no want, for it is everything. The Infinite is that which has no malice.
R.I.W.
The philosophy of an old boat builder at theinfinitemind.org
If god were infinite, then how would you know? One can't even count half way to infinity. Besides, there are many different types of infinities. There are as many even numbers as there are odd and even numbers combined, as an example, which would make the infinities equal. However, we know some infinities are larger than others. Draw a circle, two inches in diameter. Now, how many lines would it take, originating from the center of that circle to cover all points on the circumference? It would have to be an infinite number. Now, draw another circle, using the same center, but make it four inches in diameter. If you were to draw the lines that would cover every point on the smaller circle's circumference, to the larger circle's circumerence, you would find gaps. That means that even an infinte number of lines cannot cover all the points on the larger circle. So, some infinites are larger than others. So, when you say god is infinite, what size infinity are we speaking of?

User avatar
RIW
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:46 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by RIW » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Dear Reasonvemotion

Total comprehension yes beyond us. But anything you comprehend is an understanding of the infinite I hope to spend the rest of my life trying to comprehend as much of the infinite as I can. Calling the Infinite a he or a she will not lead to understanding but connecting to that which is good will, connecting to that which loves without need or want will. The infinite hides nothing we need only to opine our hart and our eyes and to look for understanding.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests