An argument for the existence of God

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: An argument for the existence of God

Post by chaz wyman »

mickthinks wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:I feel under no obligation to accept your claim of knowledge, though I acknowledge your claim for belief.
This would have been reasonable if you had stopped there, chaz, but you went further than not accepting. You actually denied the claim as if you knew it were false. In other words, you made a competing knowledge claim, and you made it on the grounds that knowledge claims are foolish.

Now I think everyone else here can see how foolish that was of you, but you need it to be spelt out. No surprise there ...
I did not mean to imply that "on the grounds that knowledge claims are foolish." Some knowledge caim s are more stupid than others.

But you are right, I did not stop there, I also said;"For example I know you are a 4' 1" dwarf."

Only a moron would think that "For example I know you are a 4' 1" dwarf.", was a knowledge claim meant without irony.

So, tell me, what kind of moron are you?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Any fool can claim knowledge. For example I know you are a 4' 1" dwarf.
Well then, you truly are a fool.
Exactly, my point.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

chaz wyman wrote:Some knowledge caim s are more stupid than others.
... and few are more stupid than a claim to know someone else's personal experience better than they do.

Only a moron would think that "For example I know you are a 4' 1" dwarf.", was a knowledge claim meant without irony. So, tell me, what kind of moron are you?
:lol: Only chaz would misread another's posts so completely and imagine it entitled him to label them 'moron'.
Last edited by mickthinks on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Any fool can claim knowledge. For example I know you are a 4' 1" dwarf.
Well then, you truly are a fool.
Exactly, my point.
You are stating that i am a fool for claiming to know there is a God rather than just believing in it.

Your claim is that you KNOW i am a dwarf.... you will agree this is a lie on your part.

I am not lying...there is a real difference.

PS. Atheism is short sighted.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
attofishpi wrote: Well then, you truly are a fool.
Exactly, my point.
You are stating that i am a fool for claiming to know there is a God rather than just believing in it.

Your claim is that you KNOW i am a dwarf.... you will agree this is a lie on your part.

I am not lying...there is a real difference.

PS. Atheism is short sighted.
I'm not lying. I know you are small in stature

Atheism is open to the truth, freed from the mental slavery of religion.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

mickthinks wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Some knowledge caim s are more stupid than others.
... and few are more stupid a claim to know someone else's personal experience better than they do.

Only a moron would think that "For example I know you are a 4' 1" dwarf.", was a knowledge claim meant without irony. So, tell me, what kind of moron are you?
:lol: Only chaz would misread another's posts so completely and imagine it entitled him to label them 'moron'.
You need to keep following your own posts.

[edited by iMod]
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:Atheism is open to the truth, freed from the mental slavery of religion.
Atheism is partially blind, unable to conceptualise an entire philosophical appreciation of reality and unable to see beyond the dogma of religion.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Atheism is open to the truth, freed from the mental slavery of religion.
Atheism is partially blind, unable to conceptualise an entire philosophical appreciation of reality and unable to see beyond the dogma of religion.
Blah blah blah.
spike

Post by spike »

Atheism does have it bias.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

spike wrote:Atheism does have it bias.
Nope.

An absence can have no bias.
spike

Post by spike »

One would have to be dead to have no bias.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

spike wrote:One would have to be dead to have no bias.
That being the case, saying "X has bias", is saying nothing at all.

I am not saying that I do not have bias.
I am saying that being an atheist does not necessarily involve me in bias.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

chaz wyman wrote:I am saying that being an atheist does not necessarily involve me in bias.
Do you think a God, as defined in the start of the thread, having the ability to judge and reincarnate souls could not possibly exist?
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

attofishpi wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:I am saying that being an atheist does not necessarily involve me in bias.
Do you think a God, as defined in the start of the thread, having the ability to judge and reincarnate souls could not possibly exist?

It would have a probability factor.

I am interested as to what you means by,"interface to a super efficient state". Is this related to your explanation of AI?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

attofishpi wrote:
Depends on what you mean by "possibly". I suppose in theory an entity, that might be called 'god' by some, might be able to bring a clone back to life. But I do not see a soul as a thing for which there is any evidence; and there certainly is no evidence for judge of souls. How would you judge an immaterial thing?
You have taken a pre-literate myth designed to keep the population under control and now think of it as factual.