“You only lose what you cling to.”

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bus2bondi

Re: “You only lose what you cling to.”

Post by bus2bondi »

edit, not making sense.:)
Last edited by bus2bondi on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

edit, not making any sense:)
Last edited by bus2bondi on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

Last edited by bus2bondi on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

Last edited by bus2bondi on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

THANK YOU bus2bondi for responding!

I appreciate you relating some of your past upon this thread while at the same time intertwining present experiences.

That is a neat writing trick. You are pretty skillful at writing.

I know you enjoy music a lot. Do you enjoy writing also?

........................Image

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:It's true. I believe it. That's why I post the stuff I do.
So you believe we are trapped in this delusion? If so what makes you think we can get out of it? If you think we can then it makes his words false and your belief false.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bus2bondi wrote:well there's your reincarnation into a very poor hard-lifed farmer boy auk. that's an understatement. i just went to the liquor store before posting this (this particular post only) (not the previous others), when i walked in, the first thing i saw was a man near the counter, who reminded me of my uncle. i ended up behind him, and the beer he bought was a brand i never saw or heard of before. called, 'the lake'. i should just shut up now. i still sense i shouldn't be saying these things. the shit is going to rain down now.
As usual I have no idea what you are referring to b2b? What reincarnation? What farmer boy?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Barbara Brooks wrote:And now they find ~~~ Einstein ~~~
is wrong!
The scientific jury is still out on this matter. It may be the case but its to soon to say.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

edit, not making sense.:)
Last edited by bus2bondi on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.........Image

Let go.

I will show you how.

Just relax. I will take you through this.

I will show you how to be confident. I will show you how to be a philosopher.

..................Image

Remember, You Only Lose What You Cling To...

Edited once to change Loose to Lose

Last edited by Bill Wiltrack on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

How would you do this Bill?

Have you read any philosophy?

Its "lose" birdbrain.
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

Tue Apr 12 01:16:58 2005 by bloggodocio: Experts gathering at Warwick University in England to celebrate the anniversary of the great man's "miracle year" that the speed of light -- Einstein's unchanging yardstick that underpins his special theory of relativity -- might be slowing down.

Michael Murphy, of the Institute of Astronomy at Cambridge University, said: "We are claiming something extraordinary here.

fundamental

"The findings suggest that there is a more fundamental theory of the way that light and matter interact; and that special relativity, at its foundation, is actually wrong," Murphy said.

Einstein's insistence that the speed of light was always the same set up many of his big ideas and established the bedrock of modern physics.

Murphy said: "It could turn out that special relativity is a very good approximation but it's missing a little bit."

"That little bit may be the doorknob to a whole new universe and a whole new set of fundamental laws," Murphy added.

Murphy's team did not measure a change in the speed of light directly.

light from quasars

Instead, they analyzed flickering light from the far-distant celestial objects called quasars.

Their light takes billions of years to travel to Earth, letting astronomers see the fundamental laws of the universe at work during its earliest days.

The observations, from the Keck telescope in Hawaii, suggest that the way certain wavelengths of light are absorbed has changed.

electromagnetic force

If true, it means that something called the fine structure constant -- a measure of the strength of electromagnetic force that holds atoms together -- has changed by about 0.001 percent since the Big Bang.

The speed of light depends on the fine structure constant.

If one varies with time then the other probably does too, meaning Einstein got it wrong.

If light moved faster in the early universe than now, physicists would have to rethink many fundamental theories.

His conclusions are based on work carried out in 2001 with John Webb at the University of New South Wales in Sydney.

disputed

Other astronomers disputed the findings, and a smaller study using a different telescope last year suggested no change.

Murphy's team is analyzing the results from the largest experiment so far, using light from 143 bright stellar objects.

Einstein's burst of creativity in 1905 stunned his contemporaries. He published three papers that changed the way scientists viewed the world, including the special theory of relativity that led to his deduction E=mc2.
John

Post by John »

Barbara, your post supports Arising's statement that the jury is still out. The opening sentence says that they are "claiming" something and then it is made clear that the data is being analysed to see whether the claim can be verified.
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

It does not matter, it is being question to this day no one can question Kepler or Coperinicus's theory Once you are questioned your out of fact. That last article was written in 2005 so they have questioning awhile no one wants to contradict unless they have proof.

Have any of you read Einstein's theory of relativity?
John

Post by John »

Barbara Brooks wrote:It does not matter, it is being question to this day no one can question Kepler or Coperinicus's theory Once you are questioned your out of fact.
Copernicus provided a conceptually useful but mathematically crude, in fact wildly inaccurate, model so I don't know how you can really put it in the same category as Kepler's work as an explanatory theory. Kepler's theories are much more useful, and very accurate, but General Relativity provides better explanatory results, or at least has done up to now. It may indeed be wrong but it's still the best we have at the moment.
Barbara Brooks wrote:Have any of you read Einstein's theory of relativity?
Textbooks but it was a fair while ago when I was studying physics and astronomy in the 1980s.