Let go.

Arising_uk

Re: “You only lose what you cling to.”

Post by Arising_uk »

Cling to what? Get a grip.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us.
~~~ Einstein ~~~

....................................Image

Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

And now they find ~~~ Einstein ~~~
is wrong!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Welcome Barbara Brooks!

Thank you for posting here.

I'm not sure I understand your last post here but you don't need to explain it.

I'm just happy you have broken out!

Again, welcome.

Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

You made me.

New Delhi; IBNLive.com: Will Einstein's 1905 theory of relativity - one of the most fundamental pillars of physics - that underpins "nothing can travel faster than light-300,000 kms, or 186,000 miles, per second" be proved wrong? The speculations started coming after scientists at the world's largest physics lab CERN claim to have clocked sub-atomic particles or neutrinos travelling faster than the speed of light.

European Organization for Nuclear Research CERN, near Geneva, says a neutrino beam shot off from a particle accelerator near Geneva to a lab 730 km away in Italy, whooshed 60 nanoseconds faster than light, with a speed of 186,282 miles per second.

But, how could the fact be ignored that Einstein's theory has been tested thousands of times over the past 106 years? And, only recently have here been just slight hints that the behaviour of some elementary particles of matter might not fit into it.

If the findings by the CERN are correct, it would force an overhaul of the fundamental laws of nature and how the universe works. These particles are 6 km/second faster than light, which is strange because 100 years ago, Einstein suggested nothing can go faster than light. If these scientists are right and Einstein was wrong, whatever we know about our Universe will soon be turned on its head.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Thank you Barbara!

Einstein
may have been a bit off in his measurements and theories but I think he was dead nuts on when he stated,

We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us.
~~~ Einstein ~~~

Thank you Barbara for adding to this thread.

...................................Image

Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

His theories on atomic energy I feel were without thought of tomorrow and we are now paying the consequences.

Biased facts selectively presented (thus possibly lying) to encourage a particular synthesis, using loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political, or other type of agenda. We have been in an age of propaganda which has caused so many political wars.

I am so glad you are not angry with me.

Thanks for the welcome,
BB
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

If your Einstein quote is true Bill then he can't say "we"?

And if it is true and you believe it then why do you post the stuff you do?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

It's true. I believe it. That's why I post the stuff I do.

Good questions.

Thank you for participating upon this thread.

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Barbara, you are a dream.

I just wanted to coax you away from that singular topic area so that you would share your views and philosophical insights upon other forum topic headings.

In this way others will benefit from your opinions and you may even expand your knowledge.

Cheers!

And nothing but the best to you Barbara!

puto

Post by puto »

Bill, you still post pictures, and now you are into paradox's. You do not know anything about philosophy do you :?: People have been trying to help you understand what philosophy is, and is not, but you don't seem to understand what philosophy is, and is not.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

i know better than saying this but, your pictures of einstein deeply remind me of my uncle. the persons funeral i went to last year. i never realized how they looked as twins, until now. the funeral, that i unpurposefully invaded your art thread with.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

the first picture, i can't place it. it is just him. the second is with his wife. on thier bedroom 'stand'. after the funeral i was in their bedroom where everyone laid there coats and i 'viewed' it frequently. quite often as i often went out for a cigarette, needed my jacket for the cold. leaving things out, like, tears, pain, etc.. the third, him at my dads, table, drunk. not the only time.
Last edited by bus2bondi on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.