“You only lose what you cling to.”

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: “You only lose what you cling to.”

Post by chaz wyman »

Barbara Brooks wrote:I would rather be me then you . Your very offensive and mean I often wonder how can you live with yourself?
Easy - it is you with the problem, not me.
Take a look back!

All I said was "It is no wonder that Hegel never contributed anything to science."
Which is true and then it was you that started throwing the insults.
You called me "IGNORANT" and a "SWINE", yet you have failed to show where Hegel has made a significant contribution to science (or any other thinking for that matter.)

So fuck off and get a life you up-tight little bitch!
Last edited by chaz wyman on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Barbara Brooks wrote:In Hegel’s Metaphysics space and time are put into a peculiar condition are viewed only as a transition of one into another, but each is separate and it is precisely this separating that proclaims our ground and truth.

Space is unbounded, freely extending one in every direction. Only time is what gives actuality and the immediate collapse of sameness. Space and time a mere perception passes hither and thither from one determination to another without any thought that each thing has a specific realm.

A way of understanding space consists of immediately fixing your thoughts on how space relates to your immediate thought and harmonizes them.

The point, the line, and the plane are the only way of describing
Space because of its free spreading offering no resistance. The truth of space can only be point, line, and plane, these makes space specific totality.

The point (sun), line (moon), and plane or surface (planets) these constitute the boundary of space. Nothing affects space even though things exist in it, side-by-side, but existing in complete abstraction and does not interfere with each other.

Motion is time for example, you precede to a place that is your future and leave one that is your past, but at the same time you are already at the place, you are reaching. That motion is inseparably both repulsion and attraction and unity of two moments is the one moment.

Zeno’s arrow in motion is inseparably both repulsion and attraction and unity of these two moments is gravity, that is, one subject to limitations and conditions.

The arrow a mere quantity of physical substance collectively made out of physical objects on one hand motion is what gives being to the arrow, called repulsion, the denial of other.
Regurgitations of out of date science from the ancient Greeks - and nothing for which science has any use.
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

This is not so ancient, the law of motion concerns two things: the form of the path and the velocity of the motion. This is based on the investigations of Tycho Brahe that the universe is an ordered and harmonious system. The solar system is the universe that displays our first group of independent bodies that are in an essential relationship with each other.

Whether it is the sun or the earth which moves is a matter of indifference if they were the only players. The universe has three motions, a uniformed motion the sun, the moon, and planets that are expressed from outside, a conditional and the partly free motion and an unconditionally free motion. .

In the solar system is a perfect group of independent bodies nesting in an objective essential relationship with each other. This is universal gravitation, where cohesion is the relationship of one, and another forms the turns and expresses independence dwelling together.

This is Kepler's laws.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Barbara Brooks wrote:This is not so ancient, the law of motion concerns two things: the form of the path and the velocity of the motion. This is based on the investigations of Tycho Brahe that the universe is an ordered and harmonious system. The solar system is the universe that displays our first group of independent bodies that are in an essential relationship with each other.

Whether it is the sun or the earth which moves is a matter of indifference if they were the only players. The universe has three motions, a uniformed motion the sun, the moon, and planets that are expressed from outside, a conditional and the partly free motion and an unconditionally free motion. .

In the solar system is a perfect group of independent bodies nesting in an objective essential relationship with each other. This is universal gravitation, where cohesion is the relationship of one, and another forms the turns and expresses independence dwelling together.

This is Kepler's laws.
Funny Girl!
MJA

Post by MJA »

chaz wyman wrote:
Barbara Brooks wrote:This is not so ancient, the law of motion concerns two things: the form of the path and the velocity of the motion. This is based on the investigations of Tycho Brahe that the universe is an ordered and harmonious system. The solar system is the universe that displays our first group of independent bodies that are in an essential relationship with each other.

This is Kepler's laws.
The only laws of the Universe are the one's mankind creates,
Nature is truly free.

=
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

Who said?
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.“You only lose what you cling to.”
~~~ Buddha ~~~
Yes I agree, that is the only way it can be, that we can only lose that which we want, need, desire, love, covet; cling to.

It's OK, and good to need and love!

.“We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality.
OK, but I believe his reality is not all inclusive.

When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.”
Well I see this one up to this point: "When you understand this, you see that you are nothing..."
But I cannot see the rest.

~~~ Kalu Rinpoche ~~~
SpheresOfBalance

MrsD wrote:Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Nietzsche
Either here, on it's own, it's been taken out of context, or it was conceived during a brain-fart. On it's own it's self serving at the expense of something!
SpheresOfBalance

Izzywizzy wrote:Bill budhism is about self and inactive..it holds no activity it accepts evil as somehow a curse we must suffer and accept..buddhism for this reason lacks for me..its an anally retentive and insular practice which works for you alone but no one else..it can hardly be hailed as wisdom as it has none to give
You are only truthfully accountable to yourself, except in leaving everyone else alone, unless otherwise invited. Thus one can only speak for oneself. In this case Buddhism is perfectly suited for everyone, to self regulate. Only one that does not embrace it's wisdom wields evil. In this, their is much wisdom, just not a lot of retribution, but it could be argued that within that limitation, lies some of it's wisdom!

Zeno’s dialectic is unrufuted to the present day, even now not one has gone beyond his theories and the matter is left uncertain
Declaration isn`t fact..Barbara please quote Zeno before assuming I should know what you are talking about here???
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

SOB,

Zeno's argument is that a line cannot be composed of points. If we suppose that a line segment is composed of a multiplicity of points, then we can always divide a line segment, and every bi -section leaves us with a line segment that can it be divided? Continuing with the bisection process, we never come to a point, a stopping place.

So, the many, the line, must be both limited and unlimited in number of points. It must be limited because it is just as many (points) as it is, no more, and less. It is therefore, a definite number, and a definite number is a finite or limited number. Although, the many must also be unlimited in number, for it is infinitely divisible.

What is motion Zeno argues, that if a thing moves from one point to another, it must first traverse half the distance It therefore must pass through an infinite number of points, and that is impossible.

He uses for an example the race with the tortoise that has a head start, and the swifter-running Achilles who can never overtake the tortoise. Before he comes up to the point at which the tortoise started, the tortoise will have got a little way, and so on ad infinitum.

The notion of the flying object at rest Zeno argues, at any given moment it is in a space equal to its own length, and therefore is at rest at that moment.

Zeno's law presents the unchanging self-sameness as infinity change remaining the same. Knowing this process is necessary, because it resides in our pure idea.

Zeno rightfully thought eternity is the same thing once and forever. Number is thought but does not belong to perception, it is the infinite quantitative progression a meaningless repetitions of one and the same contradiction. Infinite has no ends, we cannot equate by any number we can only understand what we imagine. Time we use to determine duration and measurement to determine quantity.
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

"So fuck off and get a life you up-tight little bitch!"

Spoken like the true happy go lucky chaz wyman
SpheresOfBalance

Barbara Brooks wrote:SOB,
I'm sorry Barb but you may not like nor understand how I respond. I am in blue only! I responded to IzzyWizzy's message only! So your explanation of Zeno is irrelevant. I hope you didn't spend too much time formulating your argument, and had a pre-canned version by the ready, I would hate to think you wrote all that for me, when it doesn't apply.

Thanks for your time sweetheart!

Zeno's argument is that a line cannot be composed of points. If we suppose that a line segment is composed of a multiplicity of points, then we can always divide a line segment, and every bi -section leaves us with a line segment that can it be divided? Continuing with the bisection process, we never come to a point, a stopping place.

So, the many, the line, must be both limited and unlimited in number of points. It must be limited because it is just as many (points) as it is, no more, and less. It is therefore, a definite number, and a definite number is a finite or limited number. Although, the many must also be unlimited in number, for it is infinitely divisible.

What is motion Zeno argues, that if a thing moves from one point to another, it must first traverse half the distance It therefore must pass through an infinite number of points, and that is impossible.

He uses for an example the race with the tortoise that has a head start, and the swifter-running Achilles who can never overtake the tortoise. Before he comes up to the point at which the tortoise started, the tortoise will have got a little way, and so on ad infinitum.

The notion of the flying object at rest Zeno argues, at any given moment it is in a space equal to its own length, and therefore is at rest at that moment.

Zeno's law presents the unchanging self-sameness as infinity change remaining the same. Knowing this process is necessary, because it resides in our pure idea.

Zeno rightfully thought eternity is the same thing once and forever. Number is thought but does not belong to perception, it is the infinite quantitative progression a meaningless repetitions of one and the same contradiction. Infinite has no ends, we cannot equate by any number we can only understand what we imagine. Time we use to determine duration and measurement to determine quantity.
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

I wrote it twenty years ago
SpheresOfBalance

Barbara Brooks wrote:I wrote it twenty years ago
Good!

I understand that I should have snipped the irrelevant part of the message. My excuse is that I can't touch-type to save my life, so sometimes I'm lazy and just kind of slop one together. Even a sloppy message takes me much time! ;-) :lol:
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

No problem.