What's stopping us from seeing the truth?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Satyr

Re: What's stopping us from seeing the truth?

Post by Satyr »

Mark Question wrote:
Satyr wrote: Beliefs are founded on probabilities, not on absolutes, or else they are dogmatic, simple and nonsensical.
sorry about my bad engrish but i am now trying to make colonoscopic or endoscopic examination of some english words:
You know I almost believe you.
Mark Question wrote: so, your beliefs are founded on probabilities and should be called assumptions, which are considered as beliefs that are founded on probabilities? and dogmatic beliefs are considered as dogmatic beliefs? sounds logical to me, like "existing gods are existing gods".
What about unicorns?
What probability do they have of existing?
Mark Question wrote:and what about this kind of english that google found with words "atheist and god knows"?: "I define Belief as accepting something as truth without 100% evidence.
Accepting something as being 100% true without 100% supporting evidence and no reasons to, is what being stupid is all about.
Mark Question wrote:I define Faith as accepting something as truth while there is more evidence against it then for it." or in some older global language: "‘axiopistis’ and ‘autopistos.’"
Excellent.
So, the statement "There is no truth" should be spoken with an accompanying disclaimer "There is a high probability that any one perspective is not absolutely so" or you can say "There is no absolute truth" and get all the girl's panties in a bunch.
Mark Question wrote: anyway, ne ponatur in mea vicinitate, from what background assumptions, beliefs or faits we are reasoning those same words?
The only standard is reality itself.

If I say "beginning" then I must offer an example of it in real life, because theoretically everything is possible...or when I say "one" then I must explain how the concept is not vague enough to be applicable to just about anything or how it has a meaning outside the human mind and nowhere else.
Mark Question wrote:is this the classical snake eating its tale situation too? or like mother giving birth to himself?
I've offered my thesis on what it is.

Follow the link I posted and read it if you wish.

There is no circular reasoning...there is only a mind ordering in the disordering, making it a reaction or a rejection or a resistance, choose your own metaphor.

All words are metaphors...and language should be considered an artistic expression.
It tries to represent using static forms, even music relies on notes, which imitates reality or tries to symbolize it indirectly.

Now, even scientists having engaged reality on a quantum level is resorting to artistic expression to explain what they are looking at.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I know there must be a history with the member satyr.

And it effects some of my most respected members on this forum.

Namely; arising_uk, Mark Question, and Chaz Wyman.

I know, from reading associated posts that satyr can be rough.

Is that part of his assumed character on this forum?

Is offending fellow posters accomplishing a goal or setting a desired juxtaposition that satyr wishes to set?

Are all of you in on some sort of philosophical game of words that none of you take offense to?

I don't know satyr but at times, he is awesome.

When this guy hits his mark,...it's beautiful.

All words are metaphors...and language should be considered an artistic expression.
It tries to represent using static forms, even music relies on notes, which imitates reality or tries to symbolize it indirectly.

Is he saying, Lack of confrontation is What is stopping us from seeing the truth?

Go figure...

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul »

Here comes the pep-squad.

Satyre is an idiot's projection machination, a reflective combination of that which has previously confounded. An ongoing perpetuation of unsolved and mistaken thought. Void of introversion. False premisses and good form cannot possibly lead to true conclusions, and neither can true premisses with bad form. "In the wild" was a rather indicative phrasing.

:wink:
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

creativesoul wrote:Here comes the pep-squad.

Satyre is an idiot's projection machination, a reflective combination of that which has previously confounded. An ongoing perpetuation of unsolved and mistaken thought. Void of introversion. False premisses and good form cannot possibly lead to true conclusions, and neither can true premisses with bad form. "In the wild" was a rather indicative phrasing.

:wink:
Some domesticated animals cannot imagine themselves outside the fold....or they dare not, because there their contrived persona is shattered and all they are left with is their inflatable rafts.
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
I know there must be a history with the member satyr.

And it effects some of my most respected members on this forum.

Namely; arising_uk, Mark Question, and Chaz Wyman.
These are your "respected" members?
My condolences.

Little insight...within any group when a hierarchy is set it is defended with vigor.
Even a lesser member will fight to keep the status quo because the alternative is unknown.

This is where you hit the nail on the head, even if the question mark makes it self-doubting:
Is offending fellow posters accomplishing a goal or setting a desired juxtaposition that satyr wishes to set?
These retards prove my points every time they find clever ways of avoiding the subject matter.

One of them found the excuse, early on, when he realized that my "sexism" was real, and this automatically made me adolescent....when he heeded the call of my "dick waving" to begin with.
The worse kind of animal is the one that thinks it is not one.
My goal is to expose that denied nature every chance I get. It is these "civilized" minds that can perform the most atrocious acts and think the most ridiculous thoughts.

How can you control what you deny in yourself?
Mark Question

Post by Mark Question »

Satyr wrote:You know I almost believe you.
i am starting to believe myself too that my engrish is not clear enough.
Accepting something as being 100% true without 100% supporting evidence and no reasons to, is what being stupid is all about.
maybe to people who believes in absolute truth that sounds like stupidity is anything but absolute truth with absolute evidences, or you just told that 100% probability is 100% probability? like red unicorn is red unicorn?
Mark Question wrote: anyway, ne ponatur in mea vicinitate, from what background assumptions, beliefs or faits we are reasoning those same words?
The only standard is reality itself.
let me try to ask it more clear engrish: from what background assumptions, beliefs or faits we are reasoning those background assumptions, beliefs or faiths? so, is "reality itself" an assumption, belief or a faith to you and are you reasoning from "reality itself" and from all what it tells us about the "reality itself"? whats the difference if some one is reasoning from "gods words" and from all those words what those words tells us about the "gods words"?
There is no circular reasoning...there is only a mind ordering in the disordering, making it a reaction or a rejection or a resistance, choose your own metaphor.
so, trying to build my own metaphor i should try to copy that logic in your metaphor?: all metaphors are metaphors...and artistic language should be considered as artistic expression of language?...good? bad?...bad? good?...i am afraid i was very drunk.
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

Mark Question wrote:
Satyr wrote:You know I almost believe you.
i am starting to believe myself too that my engrish is not clear enough.
My engrish no good either.
Mark Question wrote:maybe to people who believes in absolute truth that sounds like stupidity is anything but absolute truth with absolute evidences, or you just told that 100% probability is 100% probability? like red unicorn is red unicorn?
Or maybe to negate an absolute, like the #1, one must posit another absolute, in this case a 0, both of which have a reference in the human mind that requires absolutes to make sense of the world.
Mark Question wrote: let me try to ask it more clear engrish: from what background assumptions, beliefs or faits we are reasoning those background assumptions, beliefs or faiths?
Cultures, faiths and traditions are continuations or outcrops of biological and historical pasts.
Biology or nature is the "brackround" for all assumptions.
It this case binary logic, dichotomies, are based on the methods the brain uses to direct its energies.

I'm ruving the Socratic method, by the way.
and I ruv how your engrish gets better and then worse...like it's almost contrived.
Mark Question wrote: so, is "reality itself" an assumption, belief or a faith to you and are you reasoning from "reality itself" and from all what it tells us about the "reality itself"?
Reality is independent form all assumptions or perspectives.
The world preceded the consciousness of it.

Reality is the challenge, and because it is fluid and ever-changing it forces a continuous consciousness which tries to keep up, so to speak. Heidegger called it a looking back, as consciousness perceives what has already occurred.
Making intelligence all the more important. It projects consciousness, using the imagination, forward - preempting reality buy finding patterns of repetitive consistency within it.
Mark Question wrote: whats the difference if some one is reasoning from "gods words" and from all those words what those words tells us about the "gods words"?
Circular reasoning.
If I tell you I am god and the only proof I have is my words, then will you believe me?
Mark Question wrote:so, trying to build my own metaphor i should try to copy that logic in your metaphor?
What you do or do not do is your business, since only you will benefit or lose from the applications of your judgments.
Why would I care if you bereive in God?
What I care about is when your delusions begin affecting me.
The only way delusions can even persists without being culled out of the genetic pool, as they are in natural environments, is that there's a system there protecting stupidity from itself.
The reasons for this I have also explored in another thesis of mine - I am a pompous p****, after all.
Mark Question wrote:: all metaphors are metaphors...and artistic language should be considered as artistic expression of language?
If you're going to conrer me you should try harder....
Metaphors are symbolic representations of reality.
The symbol of a thing, the word itself, or the concept of a thing is a metaphor since it has no reference outside the human mind.

Point to one thing, that is one atomo, one unity that cannot be divided into more things or included in larger concept of things.
Is a particle a thing? Is a tree?
Name one absolute....please.
Absolute zero degrees Celsius?....a singularity? Why is this beginning of the Big Bang so elusive?

A thing is always a simplification/generalization or it is a nonsensical ambiguity.
For example the concept of a universe other than the fact that now scientists are talking about mutiverses and so on, is a mere projection of consciousness outside reality, as if the idea of an "outside" even makes sense when one speaks of an absolute whole.
Mark Question wrote:...good? bad?...bad? good?...i am afraid i was very drunk.
Again, I berieve you.
creativesoul

Post by creativesoul »

Pull back the curtain.

:mrgreen:

What is "the fold" Satyr?
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

creativesoul wrote:Pull back the curtain.

What is "the fold" Satyr?
All good things to those who wait.

A hint:

-An organism is produced by how it interacts with others, or otherness, within a given environment.

-The current environment, for humans, is one of increasing populations and decreasing spaces. The modern morals and religious dogmas are a result of this circumstance. There is nothing more enlightening or deep or spiritually higher about them except that they are a necessary attitude for a species under such environmental pressures. If the situation changes, these morals will seem decadent and obscene to those that come after.

-Modern western liberalism, progressiveness, is nothing more than an adaptation of these morals within a globalizing environment. As such they are more inclusive, making them more secular, and less rigid, in comparison to their Judeo-Christian roots. The same ideals are present....in Marxism as they are in Christian faith. Their symbols and application alter.

-In the east this same necessity occurred at an earlier time period making their social and spiritual methods far superior to the western kind. They also took another route, doing away with God altogether, and enforcing docility and loyalty and acceptance and submission using per pressures and a strict ethical code transmitted using culture and tradition.

-Cultures do not fall out of the sky, unless you are a believer in panspermia or on alien abductions. Cultures are a direct continuance of how a particular genetic strand interacted with particular environmental conditions resulting in a historical context which informs the present and the directs the future of a population.

-The elimination of all natural identifications, such as sexual, racial, or sensual, leads to a leveling which is meant to force a uniformity while pretending to be offering a "higher" state of individuality. He who forget the past or denies it, falls pray to it. This ripping of man from his natural past, his essence, makes him vulnerable to ideological alternatives: it is a mimetic replacement of a genetic past which is forgotten or denounced as primitive.
It's seduction is based no offering to the many an escape form their genetic past, which for most is a godsend.
This promotion of the tabula rasa is meant to cleanse the mind of all that confronts and determines it, of course this cleansing is a mind-cleansing...comforting like LSD or any mind-numbing drug that clouds reason and numbs the mind to reality.

-Nature versus nurture. Nature is the sum of all nurturing....but the masses prefer the delusion that a few decades of "proper" nurturing" can return nature to its "balance" by erasing thousands, millions of years of previous nurturing. It is how those wronged by natural selection get their vengeance upon those who have been blessed by it.
This idea is distinctly anti-nature and nihilistic, even if it is soothing, comforting and preferable to most.

-The idea that one must benefit immediately from a perspective underlies all this subjective, emotional bullshit which casts aspersions at anything that confronts it by accusing it that it is directed by a motive other than the exploration of reality as objectively and honestly as possible.
This cowardly attitude presumes that if someone cares for someone he can only flatter it, or that one must only focus upon what feels good or satisfies some immediate self-interest.
I say immediate because all awareness can be used to serve the self, but in this case the perspective must be ready-made to comfort and benefit the one that is seduced by this.

-Consciousness evolved to discriminate. It's primary survival advantage is that it offers the organism a more efficient direction to focus its energies...it offers it choice, and choice is based on discrimination, and discrimination is based on perceiving and evaluating differences.
One has no choice when one is immersed or bound...one only has a choice when one excludes and pushes away. The brain has choice because it excludes viruses or predators or any otherness, to retain its unity for as long as possible.

Similarities stem from an original acknowledgement of difference, as the organism first perceives an other and then finds similarities with itself in it.
Consciousness precedes self-consciousness, and so the senses evolved to be outwardly focused, and not inwardly focused - self-consciousness eventually turns them around.
creativesoul

Post by creativesoul »

creative asked:

What is "the fold" Satyr.
Satyr replies:

All good things to those who wait.
Are you voluntarily entering into a moral obligation to offer me something "good"? I mean, can I hold you to that? On my view the term "good" is usually not worth using, as it creates unnecessary ambiguity.

Define "good".
A hint:

-An organism is produced by how it interacts with others, or otherness, within a given environment.
In part.
- The current environment, for humans, is one of increasing populations and decreasing spaces. The modern morals and religious dogmas are a result of this circumstance. There is nothing more enlightening or deep or spiritually higher about them except that they are a necessary attitude for a species under such environmental pressures. If the situation changes, these morals will seem decadent and obscene to those that come after.
The description of "the current environment" is grossly inadequate. There is no reason to believe that "the modern morals and religious dogmas are a result" of that description. The qualitative assessment regarding religious dogma seems true from my own experience. Whether or not the "modern morals" claim bears any weight would need parsed out. There is no reason to believe that all of them(morals) are a "necessary attitude". The last statement is - quite simply - unpredictable, there are too many unknown variables in play.
-Modern western liberalism, progressiveness, is nothing more than an adaptation of these morals within a globalizing environment. As such they are more inclusive, making them more secular, and less rigid, in comparison to their Judeo-Christian roots. The same ideals are present....in Marxism as they are in Christian faith. Their symbols and application alter.
The first claim is stated as though it is fait accompli. I find that "modern western liberalism, progressiveness" is a meaningless string of symbols... Orwellian-style. Seeing how this portion of your rejoinder hinges upon "these morals", what are those morals? Enumerate them.
-In the east this same necessity occurred at an earlier time period making their social and spiritual methods far superior to the western kind. They also took another route, doing away with God altogether, and enforcing docility and loyalty and acceptance and submission using per pressures and a strict ethical code transmitted using culture and tradition.
While the traditional 'eastern' moral/ethical codes are significantly different from 'western' codes, there is no reason to believe that that difference is/was due to the time period at which "this same necessity occurred". The notion of whether or not they are "morally superior" offers potential. In short, I find that the main difference is that between holding the individual and/or the whole with primary importance.
-Cultures do not fall out of the sky, unless you are a believer in panspermia or on alien abductions. Cultures are a direct continuance of how a particular genetic strand interacted with particular environmental conditions resulting in a historical context which informs the present and the directs the future of a population.
No real argument here, except possibly the role of the individual.
-The elimination of all natural identifications, such as sexual, racial, or sensual, leads to a leveling which is meant to force a uniformity while pretending to be offering a "higher" state of individuality. He who forget the past or denies it, falls pray to it. This ripping of man from his natural past, his essence, makes him vulnerable to ideological alternatives: it is a mimetic replacement of a genetic past which is forgotten or denounced as primitive. It's seduction is based no offering to the many an escape form their genetic past, which for most is a godsend. This promotion of the tabula rasa is meant to cleanse the mind of all that confronts and determines it, of course this cleansing is a mind-cleansing...comforting like LSD or any mind-numbing drug that clouds reason and numbs the mind to reality.
This is a blanket claim, that applies to some but not all. I am certainly not arguing against the possibility that this can be the case for some.
-Nature versus nurture. Nature is the sum of all nurturing....but the masses prefer the delusion that a few decades of "proper" nurturing" can return nature to its "balance" by erasing thousands, millions of years of previous nurturing. It is how those wronged by natural selection get their vengeance upon those who have been blessed by it. This idea is distinctly anti-nature and nihilistic, even if it is soothing, comforting and preferable to most.
This, in particular, is interesting. While I find very few of the nature vs. nurture argument(s) meaningful and/or compelling for what looks like perhaps the same reasons that you hold, it is the "vengeance" aspect that garnered my attention. 'Western' freedom/liberty can, and perhaps will, be the vehicle for it's own demise.
-The idea that one must benefit immediately from a perspective underlies all this subjective, emotional bullshit which casts aspersions at anything that confronts it by accusing it that it is directed by a motive other than the exploration of reality as objectively and honestly as possible. This cowardly attitude presumes that if someone cares for someone he can only flatter it, or that one must only focus upon what feels good or satisfies some immediate self-interest. I say immediate because all awareness can be used to serve the self, but in this case the perspective must be ready-made to comfort and benefit the one that is seduced by this.
There is lot packed up in here. It seems to be about personal/loving relationship. That is the approach I'll take. We come automatically equipped with the potential for a whole range of emotion. Emotion need not be 'turned on', as it were. It is autonomous. However, that which "feels good" is empty without also knowing that which does not. That is not to say that if one cares about another then s/he ought to only focus upon that which feels good. Nor is it to say that one ought not focus upon that. Rather it is to say that both are of utmost importance. There are a myriad of ways to focus upon that which is unsettling and choosing carefully can lend itself to a unique kind of bonding that cannot be reached any other way.
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

creativesoul wrote: Are you voluntarily entering into a moral obligation to offer me something "good"? I mean, can I hold you to that? On my view the term "good" is usually not worth using, as it creates unnecessary ambiguity.
I recognize no obligation whatsoever except to myself and my own.
creativesoul wrote:Define "good".
You are preaching to the choir, dear boy.
"Good" like many human concepts, has no meaning outside the human mind....and it is only common because human minds communicate ideas and so they transmit perspectives.
creativesoul wrote:The description of "the current environment" is grossly inadequate.
I did not offer a complete description, as you may have noticed.
But you didn't, despite the fact that I began with the term "hint".

In my vocabulary when one hints one alludes to something without clarifying it.
creativesoul wrote:There is no reason to believe that "the modern morals and religious dogmas are a result" of that description. The qualitative assessment regarding religious dogma seems true from my own experience. Whether or not the "modern morals" claim bears any weight would need parsed out. There is no reason to believe that all of them(morals) are a "necessary attitude". The last statement is - quite simply - unpredictable, there are too many unknown variables in play.
There is no reason to believe that they are not, dear boy.
I offer a hypothesis based no my assessment of what is more probable, what you believe or do not or how you "reason" is your problem and it determines your particular evaluation.

Necessity is the mother of all invention, dear boy, unless you wish to provide me, us, with one example of a creative act, an invention, which is not the product of a need.
This should be interesting.
Even God's hypothetical boredom is a need which contradicts His perfection.

Now, dear boy, I remind you that an organism is an interactive emergent unity. I say emergent because it is never completed...it never becomes a thing, a Being....it remains a process, a Becoming.

You should ask yourself why these morals took hold, or became popular where they did and when they did, unless you ascribe to the God delusion or you think these morals owe their success to their own intrinsic value, in which case you would have to define what intrinsic value is and how it comes about.

Now, I'm jumping around a bit, because I've debated this shit a million times and I can sort of foresee the arguments coming. They are mostly grounded on the same principles, even if some modes of expressing them are more sophisticated than others.

It's like the qualitative difference between a christian narrative with its God and angels and its demon, making it childish, as compared to the Buddhist doctrine which pretty much prescribes the same antidotes to living but it does so with more class and maturity or even the liberal narrative with its good versus evil and its clean slates and its human nature without nature and its presumed free-will which is nothing more than a dedication to its principles. .
creativesoul wrote:The first claim is stated as though it is fait accompli. I find that "modern western liberalism, progressiveness" is a meaningless string of symbols... Orwellian-style. Seeing how this portion of your rejoinder hinges upon "these morals", what are those morals? Enumerate them.
Of course they are Orwellian as the entire system depends on selling a myth.
The God myth is losing ground in an information age or, more importantly, a global age where different cultures, different faiths have to be integrated into a harmonious whole.

Secular humanism, progressiveness, and the liberal/conservative dichotomy is the New Age adaptation of the same Judeo-Christian crap, to the post-modern environment.

There is no fait accompli my pretentious boy, as the process is ongoing and control has to be reinforced constantly.

These morals, are the ones that achieve the best results in integrating and managing populations. They are part or a more sophisticated form of human husbandry.
The docile, tolerant, undiscriminating dolt, who confuses knowledge for intelligence, is made harmless with peer pressures and my indoctrinating him, from birth, into a mode of thinking which makes certain thoughts and actions shameful.

Same as in the east, the western man is now told ego is bad, greed is evil, ironically as the system depends on a controlled application of both, or he is reborn into the systemic salvation by teaching him what he most wishes to believe: that he is just as good as anyone else; that he is born with the same potentials and that he deserves the same as anyone else.
This mirrors the Christian doctrine, itself a more inclusive form of Judaism, to make Judaism more universal and cosmopolitan, which teaches its followers that they too deserve eternal life, paradise - replaced by utopia in your secular New Age - if only they accept Jesus into their heart.
In other words these common, "transcendental" morals, offer their wares only to the ones that accept them as self-evident.

Try to convince a Christian of the opposite. You will have the same response as trying to convince a New age liberal nitwit that race and sex are relevant and that appearances do matter.
creativesoul wrote:While the traditional 'eastern' moral/ethical codes are significantly different from 'western' codes, there is no reason to believe that that difference is/was due to the time period at which "this same necessity occurred". The notion of whether or not they are "morally superior" offers potential. In short, I find that the main difference is that between holding the individual and/or the whole with primary importance.
And the main similarity is that they both propose an "ideal man" who can be best integrated and directed and will not cause too much internal disruption.
They experiences population pressures way before the Europeans did.

The Greeks and the Romans were the true representations of European tradition: the pagan man, who held nothing to be insurmountably or worthy of his surrender.
An anti-monistic attitude, a masculine one that birthed science and philosophy to a degree unprecedented in human history.
creativesoul wrote:No real argument here, except possibly the role of the individual.
The role is determines by the individual's quality.
If i define the role of the individual pig to be in reference to the quality of the pork-chops it produces, then its individuality will be judged accordingly.
Now you may judge the "individual" to be the one who serves humanity, just as a Christian would say that a christian man's freedom is in his choice to serve God.
Here the choice is a lie, since any choice except the "good" or the common is judged to be evil or destructive or bad.
creativesoul wrote:This, in particular, is interesting. While I find very few of the nature vs. nurture argument(s) meaningful and/or compelling for what looks like perhaps the same reasons that you hold, it is the "vengeance" aspect that garnered my attention. 'Western' freedom/liberty can, and perhaps will, be the vehicle for it's own demise.
Look around you boy...markets filled with unblemished fruits, humans "correcting" nature, particularity how it has manifested in them...there is an anti-nature agenda....linked to Judeo-Christianity which overturns nature making the meek powerful or pretending to.

There is a vengeance against nature and natural selection and evolution, and it can be called resentiment.

We see it in the selective application of empiricism. Sensual information matters everywhere except in some contexts where it is deemed inappropriate or superficial.
This is mind-control like Orwell could not have imagined it...perhaps Huxley did a better job.

In the east sensual information is dismissed altogether as an "illusion". it is degraded to the status of a dream, or some blanket covering the more "real" reality which is emptiness or nothingness or some ambiguous and self-contradicting state of conscious unconsciousness.
Self is an illusion, ego a chimera that can only lead to suffering....and so the ideal state is that of a meditative self-trance. The living dead.
Nirvana is posited as the ascent to a state where you are never reborn...can you think of a more self-annihilating, life hating proposition? Christian call it paradise, a limbo underneath the all-mighty and to the side or underneath his boot to fry for eternity.
In secular humanism the individual is degraded to the state of mere cell in a "bigger body", a servant of the whole, an ant in the ant-hill. all who serve the Idea man, deserve...all who refuse to, are ill.
Discrimination, a quintessential act of consciousness, is demeaned and slandered, then applied selectively.
One can discriminate with wine, letting his more sensitive palate seek out a "higher" quality, but one cannot with humans, because here the senses are fooling us or the more sensitive eye should be blinded to retain the mediocre peaceful numbness...and those who can see must pretend to be as blind as the average.

This is not only dumbing-down, this is raising mediocrity to the level of a virtue.
creativesoul wrote:There is lot packed up in here. It seems to be about personal/loving relationship. That is the approach I'll take. We come automatically equipped with the potential for a whole range of emotion.
No boy, this is about self-esteem and pride.
In Christianity all deserve love, as love is God. In secular humanism all deserve rights and respect and consideration.
Remember, discrimination when it comes to humans is not permitted or when it is it is reprimanded using social ostracizing and the costs that follow.

One cannot say the females, for instance, do not perform as well as men in all areas, including intellectual areas and particularly in the more creative disciplines.
One cannot say that a Negro does not perform as well as a European in some areas, and outperforms him ion others, because this too is unacceptable and the "official" doctrine does not permit such speculations nor using the past as a guide. The past is either erased on some justification is offered to retain the delusion of equal potentials.

You see the "correct" nurturing (eugenics given a politically-correct label) will heal the sum total of generations upon generations of naturally selected divergences.
creativesoul wrote:Emotion need not be 'turned on', as it were. It is autonomous. However, that which "feels good" is empty without also knowing that which does not. That is not to say that if one cares about another then s/he ought to only focus upon that which feels good. Nor is it to say that one ought not focus upon that. Rather it is to say that both are of utmost importance. There are a myriad of ways to focus upon that which is unsettling and choosing carefully can lend itself to a unique kind of bonding that cannot be reached any other way.
None of this applies to what I said.

But to be even more controversial, in my opinion fear is the primary emotion, out of which all others emerge in reaction to or as mutations which offer an advantage.
Emotions are not bad, none of them.

Love is worshiped in this New Age world, for the reasons I indicated earlier, but hatred is just as useful and creative in that it sparks activity and leads to change.
What is dangerous is the uncontrollable emotion. In this love is just as self-destructive as anger.
But in this day and age love must be risen to the state of a sacred cow, no longer a God, perhaps, but some mysterious, mystical force that can heal the world of all its evil spontaneous occurring ways.

Ironically those proposing such drivel do so in this feigned aloofness which is supposed to imply that their opinions are rational and unemotional when that is all they are.
creativesoul

Post by creativesoul »

So what are you saying?

What is "the fold"?

Does language confuse you?
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

creativesoul wrote:So what are you saying?

What is "the fold"?

Does language confuse you?
No, but it appears to confuse you.

Maye the artistic nature of language, including mathematics, escapes you.

Here is a dictionary definition:
fold
1    [fohld] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
to bend (cloth, paper, etc.) over upon itself.
to bring into a compact form by bending and laying parts together (often followed by up ): to fold up a map; to fold one's legs under oneself.
to bring (the arms, hands, etc.) together in an intertwined or crossed manner; clasp; cross: He folded his arms on his chest.
A helpful synonym from an on-line thesaurus that might help you in understanding what "fold" means or how I used it:
Main Entry: embrace
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: hold tightly in one's arms
Synonyms: bear hug, clasp, clinch, cling, clutch, cradle, cuddle, encircle, enfold, entwine, envelop, fold, fondle, grab, grasp, grip, hug, lock, nuzzle, press, seize, snuggle, squeeze, take in arms, wrap
Antonyms: let go, release
Next time, if a simple word definition is all you want, you can save me the trouble and find it yourself.

Retards are not my concern and you are quickly exposing yourself as being one.
Do what your companions have done and simply put me on "ignore". It saves me a lot of effort.
Last edited by Satyr on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark Question

Post by Mark Question »

metaphor is metaphor was my artistic fluid enrish and absolute copypaste of malevich white square on white square(1918. Oil on canvas). now i try to remake duchamps fountain of wisdom:
Satyr wrote: Biology or nature is the "brackround" for all assumptions.

I'm ruving the Socratic method, by the way.

Reality is independent form all assumptions or perspectives.
The world preceded the consciousness of it.

Heidegger called it a looking back, as consciousness perceives what has already occurred.
Making intelligence all the more important. It projects consciousness, using the imagination, forward - preempting reality buy finding patterns of repetitive consistency within it.
what if some fanatical believer of some sort tells you that his "brackround" for all assumptions, prophecies, absolute truths or whatever he likes or have to call them, is his gods world that preceded the consciousness of its independency form all assumptions or perspectives and heretical retards? rhetorically doing it so semanticproof freedom-story that those retarded escapers needs some outside the square box-thinking? nimby saves us?
and what if I tell you that i am gay girl in damascus studying biology and the only proof I literally have is words, then will you literally believe me? am i even a homo sapiens, a wise guy!? what about my biology books and heideggers archaeological pattern diggings in my bookshelf? i once read a book. there some guy was talking about those pre-socratic naturephilosophers with their "nature", "reality" and "all" doing the same as he was inventing in his book. he cooked big juicy phenomenon with hint of logic quite a tasty way. sounds whole new branch of philosophy to me, like those french did it in kitchen to food with garlic. freedom fries and all. le big hug to them!
Last edited by Mark Question on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
creativesoul

Post by creativesoul »

Now, I'm jumping around a bit, because I've debated this shit a million times and I can sort of foresee the arguments coming.
A bit? :shock:

They make medicine for that.