The Truth Contradiction

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

The Truth Contradiction

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Given truth A is not the same as truth T it necessitates that truth is contradictory given both A and T are truths.
Walker

Re: The Truth Contradiction

Post by Walker »

Apple truth does not contradict orange truth.
CHNOPS

Post by CHNOPS »

If "truth" is always relative, then, there is no contradiction.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Walker wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:07 pm Apple truth does not contradict orange truth.
Apple exists in contrast to orange, this contrast is separation and this separation is contradiction.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

CHNOPS wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:08 am If "truth" is always relative, then, there is no contradiction.
If there is no-contradiction then to observe contradiction results in a contradiction.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:36 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:07 pm Apple truth does not contradict orange truth.
Apple exists in contrast to orange, this contrast is separation and this separation is contradiction.
Separation is perceived. Contradiction is perceived. Sometimes, illusions are perceived. All exist complete as they are, in and of themselves, but not necessarily as perceived. Each and every thing born is born perfect as itself *, sui generis, although to the observer it may not appear perfect.

* Even a teratoma, which is often the response to such a statement.
CHNOPS

Post by CHNOPS »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:39 pm
CHNOPS wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:08 am If "truth" is always relative, then, there is no contradiction.
If there is no-contradiction then to observe contradiction results in a contradiction.
When you "observe" contradiction? give me an example.

I just observe one person saying "it's hot" and then I feel it cold. I dont observe something that is "hot and cold".
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Walker wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:29 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:36 pm
Separation is perceived. Contradiction is perceived. Sometimes, illusions are perceived. All exist complete as they are, in and of themselves, but not necessarily as perceived. Each and every thing born is born perfect as itself *, sui generis, although to the observer it may not appear perfect.

* Even a teratoma, which is often the response to such a statement.
Yet the observer is born and this absence of perfection within the observation of the observer is born.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

CHNOPS wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:36 pm

I just observe one person saying "it's hot" and then I feel it cold. I dont observe something that is "hot and cold".
That one can be burned by both cold and heat.
CHNOPS

Post by CHNOPS »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:10 pm

No.

Burned means something. If you define it as "doing too hot", then, you dont burned by cold.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

CHNOPS wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:49 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:10 pm

No.

Burned means something. If you define it as "doing too hot", then, you dont burned by cold.
Frost bite and heat burns are both treated by burn ointments. Having experienced frostbite it feels like a burn....then you have "freezer burn" as well.
CHNOPS

Post by CHNOPS »

But they are not the same.

It seams that you are saying something like this:

Dog is an animal.

Cat is an animal.

So, truth is contradictory because Dog = Cat.

But I have explained this to you before. When you say "animal" you are now elevating the abstraction and you remove some description of "dog" and "cat" in order to have a new concept called "animal" that applies to both.

That is no contradictory. Because Dog is not equal to Cat. Dog is an animal, and Cat is an animal, but this doesnt mean Dog equals Cat.

You have a problem with all this, I know. And that is good, because it means that you are not a dogmatic person, you have the gift of questioning all.

All, all. I know.

But is time to make it all in orden in your head.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

CHNOPS wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:08 am But they are not the same.

It seams that you are saying something like this:

Dog is an animal.

Cat is an animal.

So, truth is contradictory because Dog = Cat.

But I have explained this to you before. When you say "animal" you are now elevating the abstraction and you remove some description of "dog" and "cat" in order to have a new concept called "animal" that applies to both.

That is no contradictory. Because Dog is not equal to Cat. Dog is an animal, and Cat is an animal, but this doesnt mean Dog equals Cat.

You have a problem with all this, I know. And that is good, because it means that you are not a dogmatic person, you have the gift of questioning all.

All, all. I know.

But is time to make it all in orden in your head.
If dog does not equal cat and both cat and dog are animals then animal does not equal animal.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Eodnhoj7 post_id=600232 time=1665090011 user_id=14533]
Given truth A is not the same as truth T it necessitates that truth is contradictory given both A and T are truths.
[/quote]

A truth is an instance of The Truth such as a fact or perspective.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Advocate wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:20 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:00 pm Given truth A is not the same as truth T it necessitates that truth is contradictory given both A and T are truths.
A truth is an instance of The Truth such as a fact or perspective.
If truth occurs in instances then this is a truth as it is an instance; the single truth thus diverges, ie contrasts and contradicts, through many instances.