The Everything/Some Thing Paradox

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

The Everything/Some Thing Paradox

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

1. In saying "everything" we summate to a "something".
2. In saying "something" we diverge to "everything".
Pattern-chaser

Re: The Everything/Some Thing Paradox

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:28 pm 1. In saying "everything" we summate to a "something".
In saying "everything" we summate to a collection of "something"s?
Pattern-chaser

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:28 pm In saying "something" we diverge to "everything".
In saying "something" we refer to some part(s) of "everything" (i.e. all things, or all 'somethings').

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:28 pm 1. In saying "everything" we summate to a "something".
WHY when what 'you' do, you project 'that' on to what 'we' would do?

What 'we' do is NOT necessarily what 'you' do. AND, what 'you' do is NOT necessarily what 'we' do.

If in saying, ANY thing 'you' do some thing, then just SAY 'that'. Please REFRAIN from saying what 'I' or 'we' would or would not do.

That way 'you' could NEVER be Wrong NOR Incorrect, like 'you' are here. Understood?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Pattern-chaser wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:14 pm
In saying "everything" we summate to a collection of "something"s?
Yes and no.

Yes as you stated above.

No in the respect that "everything" is a something.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Pattern-chaser wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:16 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:28 pm In saying "something" we diverge to "everything".
In saying "something" we refer to some part(s) of "everything" (i.e. all things, or all 'somethings').
Again yes and no.

Yes in the statement above.

No as "something" can mean any and everything.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:20 am

What 'we' do is NOT necessarily what 'you' do. AND, what 'you' do is NOT necessarily what 'we' do.

If in saying, ANY thing 'you' do some thing, then just SAY 'that'. Please REFRAIN from saying what 'I' or 'we' would or would not do.

That way 'you' could NEVER be Wrong NOR Incorrect, like 'you' are here. Understood?
You are projecting a "we" in the respect that there are multiple "I's" with multiple interpretations and "we" agree to this. Also if everything is one, and all differing interpretations are part of the one, then the "one" contradicts itself through the many interpretations of it.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:24 pm

You are projecting a "we" in the respect that there are multiple "I's" with multiple interpretations and "we" agree to this.
I am NOT doing this, and have NEVER done this here.

WHEN 'you' LEARN and SEE the difference between 'i' and 'I', then 'you' WILL START BECOMING somewhat WISER here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:24 pm Also if everything is one, and all differing interpretations are part of the one, then the "one" contradicts itself through the many interpretations of it.
Yes, 'you' have been CONTRADICTING "your" 'self' here. As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:21 pm
Again yes and no.

But “something” is singular. It can only refer to one thing, such as one of the things that qualifies as any or every, or to the set that contains any and every thing as a whole.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:11 am

You are projecting a "we" in the respect that there are multiple "I's" with multiple interpretations and "we" agree to this.

WHEN 'you' LEARN and SEE the difference between 'i' and 'I', then 'you' WILL START BECOMING somewhat WISER here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:24 pm Also if everything is one, and all differing interpretations are part of the one, then the "one" contradicts itself through the many interpretations of it.
Yes, 'you' have been CONTRADICTING "your" 'self' here. As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True.
1. "What "we" do is not necessarily what you do" is a statement of "we".

2. I am the one is a contradiction...and so is the many.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:34 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:21 pm

Again yes and no.

But “something” is singular. It can only refer to one thing, such as one of the things that qualifies as any or every, or to the set that contains any and every thing as a whole.
Something is singular and this aspect of being 'singular' applies to an infinite number of things. Any and everything can be labeled as 'something' and as such 'something' becomes indefinite...it has a multitude of meanings as it is a general statement; there are a multitude of singulars.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:20 pm

OBVIOUSLY, but I NEVER made such a statement so all is moot here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:20 pm 2. I am the one is a contradiction...
Of what, EXACTLY?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:20 pm and so is the many.
A contradiction of what, EXACTLY, also?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:49 pm

Of what, EXACTLY?
1. Fourth post down.

2. I all is one then I am the one as I am connected to the one. Given one only exists in contrast to the many the one and being one is contradictory.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:07 pm

Of what, EXACTLY?
1. Fourth post down.

2. I all is one then I am the one as I am connected to the one. Given one only exists in contrast to the many the one and being one is contradictory.
False, Wrong, AND Incorrect.

'I' am NOT connected to the so-called 'one'. 'I' AM thee One.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:28 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:07 pm

Of what, EXACTLY?

1. Fourth post down.

False, Wrong, AND Incorrect.

'I' am NOT connected to the so-called 'one'. 'I' AM thee One.
1. And for one to be one it must be relative to other one's thus is not "the one".

2. If you are "thee one" then all things are one through you therefore the differences, ie multiplicity, of our perspectives are your own. This conversation necessitates you disagreeing with yourself and as such you are not "the one".