Is magic related to electro-magnetism?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Maia

Re: Is magic related to electro-magnetism?

Post by Maia »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:10 pm
Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:28 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:52 pm Magic is related to illusion, and delusion.
Electro-magnetism is related to science.
That was what I was trying to address in my post. Magic is a term that has been pretty badly debased over the years, but in its original meaning, it's a real phenomenon.
No magic was always a delusion.
Magicians are experts in diversion and misdirection. Ladies are not REALLY cut in half, and rabbit are not really pulled out of hats.
Some of the fairground magicians 100 - 150 years ago used to use real science to dupe their public, but generally magic always requires the public to be gullible.
That's not magic. It's a debasement of the term.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:11 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:39 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:52 pm Magic is related to illusion, and delusion.
Electro-magnetism is related to science.
Iron is related to blood.
And stupidity is related to brain activity. DO you have a point?
Boogie is related to woogie.

When a magnetic force boogies, iron woogies.

More boogie means more woogie means more cowbell.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:13 pm
Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:28 am

That was what I was trying to address in my post. Magic is a term that has been pretty badly debased over the years, but in its original meaning, it's a real phenomenon.
Magicians are experts in diversion and misdirection. Ladies are not REALLY cut in half, and rabbit are not really pulled out of hats.
Some of the fairground magicians 100 - 150 years ago used to use real science to dupe their public, but generally magic always requires the public to be gullible.
Only a deluded person would say that.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:45 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:39 am
Iron is related to blood.

And do you have a point?
Maia

Post by Maia »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:06 pm
Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:13 pm
Only a deluded person would say that.
Or maybe someone who has studied history, folklore and mythology. When Geoffrey of Monmouth wrote of Merlin, for example, was he thinking of someone who got up on stage and pulled rabbits out of hats?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Maia wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:20 am ...
I think life's energetic connectivity and potential is fascinating. I like considering the implications of such a vast and interconnected network.

Perhaps much of humankind lost its connection with (and reverence for) the energetic flow we're naturally part of because we wanted to explore our ability to create and control like fallen mini-gods. :) Maybe we became so pleased with our creations that we began to serve them and completely forgot how much more there is.

I'm sensitive to energy and I listen to it. I use it to assess and make decisions. This has worked very well for me, so I know it's real and available, and I trust it.

I'm interested, too, in larger energetic phenomena that are at work. For one example: I've wondered if the hundreds of very intricate crop circles that have been made (unseen) in a matter of hours or moments are the result of energy rather than the product of beings of some sort. Seems strange that governments aren't investigating such things with full interest -- but I guess we ignore what we don't understand, as well as that which doesn't seem to serve us somehow.

My hope is for humankind to evolve back to utilizing the natural energy within us and accessible to us. I think great advancement in all areas could result from that.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:19 pm
I think life's energetic connectivity and potential is fascinating. I like considering the implications of such a vast and interconnected network.

Perhaps much of humankind lost its connection with (and reverence for) the energetic flow we're naturally part of because we wanted to explore our ability to create and control like fallen mini-gods. :) Maybe we became so pleased with our creations that we began to serve them and completely forgot how much more there is.

I'm sensitive to energy and I listen to it. I use it to assess and make decisions. This has worked very well for me, so I know it's real and available, and I trust it.

I'm interested, too, in larger energetic phenomenon that are at work. For one example: I've wondered if the hundreds of very intricate crop circles that have been made (unseen) in a matter of hours or moments are the result of energy rather than the product of beings of some sort. Seems strange that governments aren't investigating such things with full interest -- but I guess we ignore what we don't understand, as well as that which doesn't seem to serve us somehow.

My hope is for humankind to evolve back to utilizing the natural energy within us and accessible to us. I think great advancement in all areas could result from that.
I think modern society insulates people from the natural energies of nature, made worse in more recent times by the flooding of the air with artificial electro-magnetic waves. But the natural energies are still there, in certain places.

Crop circles are definitely interesting, and perhaps some of the earlier ones were naturally formed. They were always close to ancient centres of power.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:07 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:45 pm

And do you have a point?
By point, you must mean, have I drawn a conclusion from these facts?
Well, must I do everything?

You're a big fella.
Draw you own conclusions and share, if you must.

For now, I'm mulling these facts that have been revealed to us. :wink:
So are other folks. Mulling, that is.
There's no rush.

Let's see if these facts ring any bells other than foot stomping demands for an encore, which is all I'm hearing so far, from you.

:|
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:25 pm I think modern society insulates people from the natural energies of nature, made worse in more recent times by the flooding of the air with artificial electro-magnetic waves. But the natural energies are still there, in certain places.
If I bike to the edge of the city I live in - which kind of just ends on farmland on most sides - I can feel when I get outside the range of all the EM fields being thrown around. It's a bit like that moment when someone shuts off the hoover/vacuum and you realize, oh, god, right that thing's been on for half an hour what a relief. IOW you don't quite notice it while it's on - after a bit - but when it shuts off you realize that in some way you've been suffering. My wife is even more sensitive to this stuff.

On the reverse, get me under some trees, and this can work to some degree in a city park, and I also feel relief and 'right'. It feels like a protective hood slides over me and I am immediately relaxed. It's not enough to just have plants and bushes, I need that 360 surround.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:31 pm
Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:25 pm I think modern society insulates people from the natural energies of nature, made worse in more recent times by the flooding of the air with artificial electro-magnetic waves. But the natural energies are still there, in certain places.
If I bike to the edge of the city I live in - which kind of just ends on farmland on most sides - I can feel when I get outside the range of all the EM fields being thrown around. It's a bit like that moment when someone shuts off the hoover/vacuum and you realize, oh, god, right that thing's been on for half an hour what a relief. IOW you don't quite notice it while it's on - after a bit - but when it shuts off you realize that in some way you've been suffering. My wife is even more sensitive to this stuff.

On the reverse, get me under some trees, and this can work to some degree in a city park, and I also feel relief and 'right'. It feels like a protective hood slides over me and I am immediately relaxed. It's not enough to just have plants and bushes, I need that 360 surround.
Yes, I agree, it's very noticeable, a sort of sense of oppression, that you become accustomed to. That's why I get away from the built up area as often as I can.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:31 pm
If I bike to the edge of the city I live in - which kind of just ends on farmland on most sides - I can feel when I get outside the range of all the EM fields being thrown around.
Ah, I see! I have been living in the woods for a long time. Going to large cities does not feel good to me -- and based on what you've both said -- I can better identify (perhaps) that it feels like there's some kind of toxic vibration there.

Many years ago, I visited New York City, and I actually 'heard' a constant unsettling buzz in the air!

Before living in the woods, I used to go camping a LOT. There is a beautiful clarity and sense within nature, I think -- it heals and reveals -- and it's encouraging to know that we can align with that pretty quickly when we aim to.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:25 pm

I'm interested, too, in larger energetic phenomenon that are at work. For one example: I've wondered if the hundreds of very intricate crop circles that have been made (unseen) in a matter of hours or moments are the result of energy rather than the product of beings of some sort. Seems strange that governments aren't investigating such things with full interest -- but I guess we ignore what we don't understand, as well as that which doesn't seem to serve us somehow.

I think modern society insulates people from the natural energies of nature, made worse in more recent times by the flooding of the air with artificial electro-magnetic waves. But the natural energies are still there, in certain places.

Crop circles are definitely interesting, and perhaps some of the earlier ones were naturally formed. They were always close to ancient centres of power.
FFS. And you probably like to describe yourself as a 'spiritual' person. 'Gullible' is not a synonym for 'spiritual'.

What you seem to be referring to is the connection that everything in the universe has with everything else in the universe. It's thought that early hominids felt this by consumung psilocybin mushrooms, something that very old cultures still do ritualistically.
Unfortunately their scientific study was halted by propaganda perpetuated by kristian fuckwits and the arms industry at a time when the anti-war movement was huge and driven mostly by young people partaking in the delights of psychedelics like magic mushrooms. It's difficult to want to kill people when you feel a deep connection with and goodwill towards them.
Perhaps some people feel a connection to the mycelium network without the extra help. Unfortunately, because scientific study was abruptly halted, our knowledge in this field has been catastrophically held back, especially given the rates of suicide and 'anti-depressant' use in Western countries.

ps. That's science, not 'magic'.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maia

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:28 pm

FFS. And you probably like to describe yourself as a 'spiritual' person. 'Gullible' is not a synonym for 'spiritual'.

What you seem to be referring to is the connection that everything in the universe has with everything else in the universe. It's thought that early hominids felt this by consumung psilocybin mushrooms, something that very old cultures still do ritualistically.
Unfortunately their scientific study was halted by propaganda perpetuated by kristian fuckwits and the arms industry at a time when the anti-war movement was huge and driven mostly by young people partaking in the delights of psychedelics like magic mushrooms. It's difficult to want to kill people when you feel a deep connection with and goodwill towards them.

Hallucinogens were specifically used for spirit quests. Ancient people didn't need them to know they were part of nature.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:35 pm

Hallucinogens were specifically used for spirit quests. Ancient people didn't need them to know they were part of nature.
Leave out your juvenile 'spirit' and 'magic' references and do a bit of real research. 'Nature' is not 'super nature'. They are opposites.
Maia

Post by Maia »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:41 pm
Maia wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:35 pm

Leave out your juvenile 'spirit' and 'magic' references and do a bit of real research. 'Nature' is not 'super nature'. They are opposites.
I never said anything about super nature. Magic is natural. I think it's you who needs to do some research.