What is time?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

CHNOPS

Re: What is time?

Post by CHNOPS »

Is just simple. The dificult thing is how to became that simple, but is dificult because we live in dificult relations, we are too complex to know how to think simple.

Love is an object, in MY DEFINITION OF OBJECT, where an emotion is an object, a thought is an object, a cat is an object and a chair is an object.

Everything is from the same substance.

You may think that a emotion is a diferent substance, a diferent essence, because it happens "inside my mind", but what I believe is that "everything is in your mind...". I believe that everything is experience, perception.

So, the diference of emotion and a chair, is just the form as it is. The diference in forms is what make that diference of what is "seeing", "touching", "hearing", "feeling", "sensing".

But all of that "senses", are just diferences in the perception, and that diferences is what make perception possible.
bahman

Post by bahman »

CHNOPS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm An object is what i percieve.

When I see a chair, then, that chair is an object.

When I see a cat, then, that cat is an object.

When I feel love, then, that love is an object.
Love is not an object but qualia/feeling.
CHNOPS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm Because everything is qualia... so, there is no diference between a chair or love, in terms of substance, there are the same substance.
You are wrong. An object is a set of minds held together by qualia.
CHNOPS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm And no, I cannot experience something that doesnt exist.
Cool, so we agree on one thing. But something that exists is a substance.
CHNOPS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm What exist? the objects...
Minds and qualia.
CHNOPS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm What not exist? the relation between objects, the numbers, change, acceleration, etc, because there arent objects....

Is the "7" an object? NO.

There are no "7". There are only cats, and when you compare it you say "there are 7 cats". Is an abstraction that doesnt exist.

The same with time... there are only objects... and when you compare it you say "its accelerate", "it changed".

When you say someting "changed", you are comparing 2 objects: the one you are percieving, and another object that you are imagining (remembering).

I think is more easy if you understand first, that there are no "7", just "7 cats", "7 dogs", "7 chairs", etc, but no "7".

Then, you will understand the rest more easy.
The relation between objects when appears as a thought is a substance too
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:02 am
CHNOPS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm An object is what i percieve.

When I see a chair, then, that chair is an object.

When I see a cat, then, that cat is an object.

When I feel love, then, that love is an object.

Because everything is qualia... so, there is no diference between a chair or love, in terms of substance, there are the same substance.

And no, I cannot experience something that doesnt exist.

What exist? the objects...

What not exist? the relation between objects, the numbers, change, acceleration, etc, because there arent objects....

Is the "7" an object? NO.

There are no "7". There are only cats, and when you compare it you say "there are 7 cats". Is an abstraction that doesnt exist.

The same with time... there are only objects... and when you compare it you say "its accelerate", "it changed".

When you say someting "changed", you are comparing 2 objects: the one you are percieving, and another object that you are imagining (remembering).

I think is more easy if you understand first, that there are no "7", just "7 cats", "7 dogs", "7 chairs", etc, but no "7".

Then, you will understand the rest more easy.
Love is not an object, it is an emotion.
Yup. You are correct.
CHNOPS

Post by CHNOPS »

bahman, thanks for your answered.

Keep learning!! byeeeeee
fonterofficial

Post by fonterofficial »

time — just like space — doesn’t really “exist”.

Space is literally nothing. Space has no physical attributes whatsoever — it’s simply the nothingness between the physical stuff — and cannot be measured or observed in itself.

Time as well has no physical attributes and cannot be observed directly. It doesn’t exist in any physical sense.

Both space and time can be said to provide separateness between stuff. Without separateness, everything would be the same — with no defining features whatsoever.

In other words, time and space is the background of nothingness upon which the universe is painted. Space provides distance between objects and time provides distance between events.

The two, space and time, are intimately related. Time “happens” when traveling between objects which are separated in space, and “space happens” when traveling between events which are separated in time. They’re two sides of the same coin, and they’re both a consequence of contrast, or difference, or separateness.

Per the Big Bang theory, our universe grew from “a singularity” which rapidly expanded itself. That singularity denotes a state devoid of any contrast, devoid of time and space. Everything that was, was the same as everything else and thus was inaccessible to any sensory observation; when everything is the same without any distinguishing features whatsoever, it simply cannot be sensed, as our senses and observations rely on contrast.

So, the Big Bang event was where “contrast happened”. The singularity — wherever that came from — began expanding, began occupying both physical and temporal space. Or in other words, the singularity began “infusing itself with nothingness”, and voila, space and time was born.

As to why and how the hell “a singularity” would suddenly begin infusing itself with nothingness — that’s another great question for another great day. I’d speculate though, that the ability of the singularity to provide contrast has to do with the fundamental binary nature of the universe, exemplified in particular by the masculine and the feminine contrast. I’d speculate that masculinity/femininity is “the original contrast” and plays a defining role in the phenomenon of contrast at all.

Regardless why the singularity suddenly decided to expand, or “infuse itself with nothingness”, the result was contrast, or difference, or separateness. From which both time and space were born.
Attachments
main-qimg-38260823e0e6f14d3001426fd92ff334-lq.jpg
main-qimg-38260823e0e6f14d3001426fd92ff334-lq.jpg (20.04 KiB) Viewed 317 times